Tasmania??

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Teabag
Hey Kezza

How was the humidity for you yesterday?
Hi Teabag! Not too bad, it was the heat on Sunday that made me thankfull for aircon!

I'm writing my xmas cards and I can't remember your husbands name for the life of me Please can you remind me?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hi Teabag! Not too bad, it was the heat on Sunday that made me thankfull for aircon!

I'm writing my xmas cards and I can't remember your husbands name for the life of me Please can you remind me?

His name is Ric with no K - I'll have to pop round with your dishes too soon.
How's the washing machine? Must be heaven to have one at last!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

His name is Ric with no K - I'll have to pop round with your dishes too soon.
How's the washing machine? Must be heaven to have one at last!
Yeah it is, got loads to do, just hope the rain holds off today so I can get it dry! Just text or give me a ring to make sure I'm home before you pop round.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

I know what people mean about pinching themselves. On Sunday I was walking around Hobart and having lovely fish and chips thinking WOW I have moved here!!!!!!
Everyone seems so freindly, Getting the driving licence was no hassle same with banks. I don't know if this is just Tassie or the all of OZ?
I'm really happy and allready been told to hand my resume in and should have no problem finding work.
Hope to meet up with lots of you lovely people from Tassie.
Gary and Vikky
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
I know what people mean about pinching themselves. On Sunday I was walking around Hobart and having lovely fish and chips thinking WOW I have moved here!!!!!!
Everyone seems so freindly, Getting the driving licence was no hassle same with banks. I don't know if this is just Tassie or the all of OZ?
I'm really happy and allready been told to hand my resume in and should have no problem finding work.
Gary and Vikky

Tassie is the only state in oz that has similarities to the UK. Lovely green fields and mild weather. Hobart is certainly a lovely place.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Gary and Vikky
I think Aussie's all over are pretty similar - you'll get more smiles from strangers in W.A. but you get lovely shop service here in Tas. In Sydney you'll get shoved out of the way mostly
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,
We are finally in Tassie!!!!
Upto now everything is going better then expected!!!!
Been into Launceston today got a new bank account go my Oz drving licence and got a form for my tax file number.
Going to a job expo on Tuesday to see if I can find a job. Its still not sunk in that I have moved here to live! Still like a holiday.
Hope to meet up with a few of you lovely people,
Keep in touch and hope to see you soon.,
Gary and Vikky
pleased to hear you got here ok-welcome !
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Gary and Vikky

Gary and Vikky

Glad to know you have arrived OK and are enjoying yourself by the sounds of it! Can't wait to get there too

Sam
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just a quick question for those of you already moved to Tas.
Did any of you take your dog?
And do you think its quite a dog friendly place or not, are there lots of places you can go with dogs etc.

I appreciate you may have no idea if you don't have a dog!
Have been looking into bringing our Cocker Spaniel, and researching where you can take them. Have found out they are not allowed in any of the National Parks, not even in the car but where else are they restricted?

If we think she will not enjoy as much freedom in Oz as here in UK, although she is usually on lead, as prone to running off! we can go to most places with her here. We may not bring her if we can re home her, although myself and the children would prefer her to come with us.

Any tips much appreciated

Sam (from a wet and soggy UK)
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

Just a quick question for those of you already moved to Tas.
Did any of you take your dog?
And do you think its quite a dog friendly place or not, are there lots of places you can go with dogs etc.

I appreciate you may have no idea if you don't have a dog!
Have been looking into bringing our Cocker Spaniel, and researching where you can take them. Have found out they are not allowed in any of the National Parks, not even in the car but where else are they restricted?

If we think she will not enjoy as much freedom in Oz as here in UK, although she is usually on lead, as prone to running off! we can go to most places with her here. We may not bring her if we can re home her, although myself and the children would prefer her to come with us.

Any tips much appreciated

Sam (from a wet and soggy UK)
very costly bringing a dog to Australia - lots of threads about it on the forum

here are Hobart City Council's guidlines:
http://www.hobartcity.com.au/HCC/STA...RULES_884.html
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Yeah it is, got loads to do, just hope the rain holds off today so I can get it dry! Just text or give me a ring to make sure I'm home before you pop round.
Oh it all sounds sooo lovely i'm really sad I'm still stuck in Grey Britain :-( .
Kerry i'm so glad it's all you hoped for .....it makes me even more determined to go (even though i'm now 4 months pregnant )
We are over at the very start of Feb and it can't come soon enough ......you'll have to give us some tips on where to go and more importantly where to eat
Hope it all continues to be Great xxxx

Zoe
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

very costly bringing a dog to Australia - lots of threads about it on the forum

here are Hobart City Council's guidlines:
http://www.hobartcity.com.au/HCC/STA...RULES_884.html

Thanks for that, will have a web site now.
Yes, i know its very expensive, mainreason why OH does not want to take her, he's busy thinking of the new bike and kayak he could get for the same money
Its really hard knowing what to do, but we need to start making some decisions now or we'll end not being able to take simply cos we didn't prepare everything ( actually, thats what OH is probably banking on!)

Sam
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:17 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Tasmania??

We have decided to def move to Tasmania!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just had a shipper in to give us a quote and not as bad as we thought Have to sell the house first though :curse:
Just need to find the perfect place in Tas next Especially with 4 girls with us
Beth x x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
We have decided to def move to Tasmania!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just had a shipper in to give us a quote and not as bad as we thought Have to sell the house first though :curse:
Just need to find the perfect place in Tas next Especially with 4 girls with us
Beth x x
How exciting, beth - will you be my friend when we get there too?

Who did you have quotes from - haven't got that far yet but did get a lot on info from varios shows we've been to.

When do you plan to go? Sooooo exciting, I just can't wait now, just the small details of getting a csae officer and visa to get first!

Sam
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:57 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
How exciting, beth - will you be my friend when we get there too?

Who did you have quotes from - haven't got that far yet but did get a lot on info from varios shows we've been to.

When do you plan to go? Sooooo exciting, I just can't wait now, just the small details of getting a csae officer and visa to get first!

Sam
Hi Sam, yes all very exciting for us (at last) as we finally know where we are heading!!!!!
Hopefully we won't just be cyber-friends in Tas....LOL
Quote today was from 'PSS' and then we have 'Pickfords' coming on Monday. Going to get 'Crown' and 'Anglo Pacific' in then
Just need to live near a hospital so my daughter can have regular check ups with a consultant.
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.