Tasmania??

Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania??

The name of the carrier was "Moving Cars", they went through TNT but I think it was cheaper to use this agent than go straight to TNT

I used Qantas as I took an extra two suitcases and they are more flexible with that. I also sent the kids over 4 days after me and Qantas are the only ones that look after unaccompanied minors.

I found my old spreadsheet that I kept the prices on:

U Move Australia Container 3630
Moving Cars Freight Car 565.2

Qantas Me - Perth to Melbourne 269.39
Qantas Excess Baggage 44
Ferry 154

Qantas 2 x Kids Airfares 500
Qantas Internet booking Fee 55

Qantas Hubby - Perth to Hobart 439
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Another option for you is to catch the Indian Pacific(train) across to Brisbane then drive down the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne then the ferry, They take cars on the train and its a bit of a break tied in to. Not sure of the website address but it is Great Southern Railway who run the train. I know its not the cheapest but a nicer way to see Australia and travel.
Gary
I think Gary mean's Adelaide not Brisbane. Brissy a bit of the long way 'round
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:44 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
The name of the carrier was "Moving Cars", they went through TNT but I think it was cheaper to use this agent than go straight to TNT

I used Qantas as I took an extra two suitcases and they are more flexible with that. I also sent the kids over 4 days after me and Qantas are the only ones that look after unaccompanied minors.

I found my old spreadsheet that I kept the prices on:

U Move Australia Container 3630
Moving Cars Freight Car 565.2

Qantas Me - Perth to Melbourne 269.39
Qantas Excess Baggage 44
Ferry 154

Qantas 2 x Kids Airfares 500
Qantas Internet booking Fee 55

Qantas Hubby - Perth to Hobart 439
Wow that was really useful, thanks. Its great to get a rough idea of prices and suchlike. Will contact U Move and Moving Cars for more info.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Austal Ships has a huge need for skilled labour at their Tassie site too:

http://careers.austal.com/
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:10 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Another option for you is to catch the Indian Pacific(train) across to Brisbane then drive down the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne then the ferry, They take cars on the train and its a bit of a break tied in to. Not sure of the website address but it is Great Southern Railway who run the train. I know its not the cheapest but a nicer way to see Australia and travel.
Gary
Cool idea but I think the cost might rule that out. Shame as I would have liked to have seen a bit of the 'countryside'.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:12 am
Wishing on a star...

Austal Ships has a huge need for skilled labour at their Tassie site too:

http://careers.austal.com/
Will have a look at that. I didnt know Austal were in Tassie too. Thanks!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cherry6
Will have a look at that. I didnt know Austal were in Tassie too. Thanks!
Yep they bought a shipyard back in April - We wouldn't have had the opportunity to move here without them
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Hope everyone has had a fab start to 2008

I'm glad that Christmas is over...not because I don't like it it's just that the next thing after Christmas for us to look forward to is our Aussie holiday.YAY!!

I can really concentrate on the last minute plans and of course the shopping , not too much as I must leave space for more shopping in Sydney
Obviously i'm most looking forward to finally getting to Tas , and just seeing what it's like...I think we will love it ( fingers crossed)

Very excited .....ooh I have my 20wk ultrasound on Monday to look forward too as well , so I will know if i'm having my 5th!! Boy or my 1st Girl!! BUSY MONTH xxx

I will miss this fab weather we are getting in dreary Wales though
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=jerzo;5739173]Hope everyone has had a fab start to 2008

Obviously i'm most looking forward to finally getting to Tas , and just seeing what it's like...I think we will love it ( fingers crossed)

Very excited .....ooh I have my 20wk ultrasound on Monday to look forward too as well , so I will know if i'm having my 5th!! Boy or my 1st Girl!! BUSY MONTH xxx

Hope you have a wicked holiday, and good luck on Monday !!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hope everyone has had a fab start to 2008

Good luck for your scan, 4 boys already - you must have a noisy house
When do you go to Tas?

Sam
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Good luck for your scan, 4 boys already - you must have a noisy house
When do you go to Tas?

Sam
Thanks xx

I do have a noisy house....feels like an asylum sometimes !!!

We are off to Aus on the 26th of this month and return on Feb 14th and i'm still dreading the flight with Keane who is nearly 2yrs old aarghh!!
We always thought we would do this flight as a one way thing and not have to do the return flight....but theres no point dwelling on what should have been is there ??
It will be a bonus that we are not going 'blind' and perhaps we will fall in love with a particular area and concentrate on that from afar!!

In regards to packing ....will it still be hot at the start of Feb??? I know what all the weather sites say but they seem to give averages like the temp yesterday was down as 21 but when I checked the live feed it said 31 !!!

Cheers
Zoe
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

It will still be warm enough, just bring summer clothes, maybe one pair of Jeans and a Jumper each.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

It will still be warm enough, just bring summer clothes, maybe one pair of Jeans and a Jumper each.
I was hoping that was the case!!

I'm really trying to pack light (for six!!) so i'll just pop in one warmer outfit each.

Thanks for that and if theres anything else you think we should do/see when we are there please feel free to let me know ...we are open to most things

Bye For Now
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Thanks xx

I do have a noisy house....feels like an asylum sometimes !!!

We are off to Aus on the 26th of this month and return on Feb 14th and i'm still dreading the flight with Keane who is nearly 2yrs old aarghh!!
We always thought we would do this flight as a one way thing and not have to do the return flight....but theres no point dwelling on what should have been is there ??
It will be a bonus that we are not going 'blind' and perhaps we will fall in love with a particular area and concentrate on that from afar!!

In regards to packing ....will it still be hot at the start of Feb??? I know what all the weather sites say but they seem to give averages like the temp yesterday was down as 21 but when I checked the live feed it said 31 !!!

Cheers
Zoe
temp right now (sun am at 20 to 5) is 23C (up early to run the hobart marathon) so i think you'll be ok.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
temp right now (sun am at 20 to 5) is 23C (up early to run the hobart marathon) so i think you'll be ok.
Sounds great!!................Hope the Marathon went well!

Zo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.