Tasmania??

Old May 9th 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by oldgit
Hey there,
So glad she had a lovely day on the farm.
I bet she knows more than I do
Giving her dad lessons on lanolin wish she would do the same for me
I use Oil of Ulay does wonders for my complexion I don't know what my friend uses on the cows
The cows we agist are beef not dairy milkers so i suspect we don't use lanolin.
We have cows and horses ( Dexter cows and Connemara ponies) but they belong to an Australian lady who lives close by and she grazes the land off us and keeps the grass from becoming a fire hazard in the summer.
Yes all cows poo etc when you have visitors they save it all up and then....
Tomorrow will send a pic or two in case she has farming in her veins
Cheers oldgit
Hi Oldgit Yes, my daughter Eden knows all about Lanolin now. It's obtained from a secreted oil in Sheep's skins (apparently thats what they were told yesterday!) We often learn something new from our daughter - i think they're taught more nowadays than when we were at school - either that or they just listen more!
Love to see some pics of the animals near you - she'd love to see them....
thanks
Cathy
Old May 9th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Originally Posted by travelbug
Here you go - now you can see the cause of our unnecessary stress today!

Attachment 66852
Hi,
I read your previous postings and what a trauma.
Thats' outrageous
Hope you manage to salvage sanity from insanity.
Cheers and ever so sorry for you
oldgit
Old May 9th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Hi Oldgit Yes, my daughter Eden knows all about Lanolin now. It's obtained from a secreted oil in Sheep's skins (apparently thats what they were told yesterday!) We often learn something new from our daughter - i think they're taught more nowadays than when we were at school - either that or they just listen more!
Love to see some pics of the animals near you - she'd love to see them....
thanks
Cathy
Thanks for the above I have learn't something
Will send tomorrow as promised.
Cheers Oldgit
Old May 9th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hi All!!!

My little girl has made her appearance into the world

She was born on 6th May at 9.45 pm weighing 5lb 14oz

She is called Heidi-Jane and her 4 big brothers are so taken with her...made me cry they were so immeadiately in love with her

Will write more soon...thanks for all your lovely words throughout my pregnancy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Cathy I have sent you an e-mail!!)
Hi
CONGRATULATIONS !! you must be over the moon
What a pretty name too - enjoy your little darling !
All the best
Carina
Old May 9th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

bzzzybumblebee will become famous soon enoughbzzzybumblebee will become famous soon enough

Forgive me for butting in but I have been to Ulverston twice quite a thriving centre and friends took me for a walk on the beach we went through a beachside park with a war memorial to the navy . Lovely clear sea water
Sorry please continue, ignoring my untimely intervention, and have a nice weekend
Yours butting out
Cheers Oldgit
Hiya Oldgit

Yes, it's lovely having a walk along the beach of an evening. You get some lovely sunsets to watch!

We have quite a few lovely little parks near the beach, great ones for kids to play on. Even a waterslide, which gets well used in Summer!

I took this pic of the coastline the other day. The setting sun was a beautiful blood red, but it was too bright for the camera. And the other one is a sunrise seen from my place.

Have a lovely weekend Oldgit.
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania??-sunset-over-coast.jpg   Tasmania??-sunrise.jpg  
Old May 9th 2008, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

bzzzybumblebee will become famous soon enoughbzzzybumblebee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jerzo
Hi All!!!

My little girl has made her appearance into the world

She was born on 6th May at 9.45 pm weighing 5lb 14oz

She is called Heidi-Jane and her 4 big brothers are so taken with her...made me cry they were so immeadiately in love with her

Will write more soon...thanks for all your lovely words throughout my pregnancy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Cathy I have sent you an e-mail!!)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulatons on your new wee bairn!!
Old May 9th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Here you go - now you can see the cause of our unnecessary stress today!

Attachment 66852
GAWD!! Cathy, It looks like a rock the size of a boulder went through your car window!

What on earth was he doing to cause that amount of damage?

Julie
Old May 9th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi,
I read your previous postings and what a trauma.
Thats' outrageous
Hope you manage to salvage sanity from insanity.
Cheers and ever so sorry for you
oldgit
thank you
i think we've all calmed down now.....the car is now fixed - albeit we're out of pocket again as usual, but such is life - my Andy says that unlucky is his middle-name...
My next door neighbour was very coy around Andy earlier..... feelings of guilt i hope being the reason! I dont know how some people sleep easy at night.
If it were me i'd feel terrible...
Cathy
Old May 9th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bzzzybumblebee
Hiya Oldgit

Yes, it's lovely having a walk along the beach of an evening. You get some lovely sunsets to watch!

We have quite a few lovely little parks near the beach, great ones for kids to play on. Even a waterslide, which gets well used in Summer!

I took this pic of the coastline the other day. The setting sun was a beautiful blood red, but it was too bright for the camera. And the other one is a sunrise seen from my place.

Have a lovely weekend Oldgit.

Lovely photo's Julie.
I take LOADS of photo's - mainly of the kids - but it's lovely that all you guys in Tas seem to use the camera much more than the average Brit here....
I guess it goes to show that perhaps you have nicer things to take pictures of !
Old May 9th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bzzzybumblebee
GAWD!! Cathy, It looks like a rock the size of a boulder went through your car window!

What on earth was he doing to cause that amount of damage?

Julie

I know - when i rang Andy - he thought i mean't that there was a chip in the windows caused by the stones.....it took 3 attempts to get him to realise that the window was smashed!
Our next door neighbour has a detached house - and the side next to us he drives his car down the side to the garage etc behind his house... Along that driveway its a mixture of concrete, gravel and grass...
To cut it he normally uses this strimmer monstrosity thing - which i think is petrol run. It makes a right racket of a noise i know that - so i expect that was the machinery noise i could hear from indoors this morning. But because he's a retired builder/odd job man he is always tinkering about in his garage/workshop - and there's always a load of noise going on....so i didnt even think to look out front to see whether he was cutting the grass with the thing...
If Andy had been in - he would have checked because it does worry him that the thing will cause stones to hit our windows (we've heard one hit our living-room window before now when he's been using it). When he scratched our last car Andy actually made a point of going out to speak to him one morning - and asked him to just let us know when he was going to use the thing so that we could park our car in the road or across the street from our house......
He never tells us when he's going to use it....

Because of the way he's been today - i think he is 100percent guilty.
I am more annoyed that he didnt have the balls to own up to causing the damage and that he tried to say it could have been a passing vehicle (very unlikely due to where our car is parked) - or someone trying to break in - but why would someone smash the back window by a kids car seat? anyway, they'd only have to look in the car to see there's nothing to steal....

Now we'll be paranoid that it's going to happen again.....
Andy said he might put a fence up at the side of the house......(but obviously at more cost to us! )

Fingerscrossed we get a good viewing of the house tomorrow......perhaps the incentive that the price dropped slightly today will help!

take care
Cathy

Old May 9th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

When i got home from work a short while ago - Andy called me out into the garden - because of this vapour trail :-

Tasmania??-dscf0516.jpg

Tasmania??-dscf0517.jpg

A nice cross!

Some things can make you smile at the end of crappy day!
Cathy
Old May 9th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely photo's Julie.
I take LOADS of photo's - mainly of the kids - but it's lovely that all you guys in Tas seem to use the camera much more than the average Brit here....
I guess it goes to show that perhaps you have nicer things to take pictures of !
here are three tasty Aussie birds, a motorist's friend, and a view of Hobart from the top of the mountain:
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania??-ians-id-097.jpg   Tasmania??-ians-id-098.jpg   Tasmania??-ians-id-099.jpg   Tasmania??-start.ya.b-copy.jpg   Tasmania??-melbournesydney2006-018.jpg  

Old May 9th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
here are three tasty Aussie birds, a motorist's friend, and a view of Hobart from the top of the mountain:
Love the motorist's friend

That's a lovely view of Hobart The colours great in the photo.

Photography is so much easier nowadays with digital camera's - computers to print and save your stuff on - and websites to order from.....
I really wish that all my old photo albums were on disk / on my PC - but i think it would take me years to scan them individually and i never used to keep most of the negatives from my 35mm films...
When we ship our stuff out i'm going to have LOADS of albums and they take up so much space...
Old May 10th 2008, 12:26 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,
Zoe Congrats on the new Baby!!!!!
Hows it going we have 5 weeks to go can't wait. When do we see a pic of Heidi-Jane.
good luck and hope all is well.

I have took a few pics on my way to work recently hope you like them, The first one is looking over the Tamar river in Launceston with mist above it looks quite eariy. The other pictures are a rower doing her ealy morning practice on the Tamar, A bird which look really weird and no idea what it is, The a view from the end of the road near where we live. And finally a lovely Kookabura.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend weather is lovely this morning!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania??-03-05-2008-005.jpg   Tasmania??-03-05-2008-011.jpg   Tasmania??-01-05-2008-006.jpg   Tasmania??-03-05-2008-003.jpg   Tasmania??-01-05-2008-005-email.jpg  

Last edited by GaryVFR8; May 10th 2008 at 1:31 am.
Old May 10th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi Everyone,
Cathy Congrats on the new Baby!!!!!
Hows it going we have 5 weeks to go can't wait. When do we see a pic of Heidi-Jane.
good luck and hope all is well.

I have took a few pics on my way to work recently hope you like them, The first one is looking over the Tamar river in Launceston with mist above it looks quite eariy. The other pictures are a rower doing her ealy morning practice on the Tamar, A bird which look really weird and no idea what it is, The a view from the end of the road near where we live. And finally a lovely Kookabura.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend weather is lovely this morning!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump
Doh Gary its Zoe thats had the baby!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.