Shark!!!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:24 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark!!!

Originally Posted by homewardbound
PUtting it all into perspective... in 2007 1 HUMAN was killed by a shark... whilst 100,000,000 SHARKS were killed by humans in the same year.

Add to that the amount of HUMANS killed by other humans, by drink drivers etc... I"m not too worried about the sharks.
You would be if you were the 1 HUMAN ;-)
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Hey man-called-horse u`ll not get many of those great whites in norn iron lmao. i thin they must be afraid of us lmao
Yeah not too many of those in Lough Neagh, and you don't get a many of these either!!
Attached Thumbnails Shark!!!-striped-marlin.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:29 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Ah the Hammers dont worry me really - its the Bulls, White Pointers and Tiger sharks that I dont want to meet. Plus I never go south of Towradgi so I reckon I'm quite safe!
Blueys Beach is North of you though !
Here's a great pic taken there on Sunday while the kids were in surf school.
Estimated 3 metre white pointer.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...7-1242,00.html

A buddy of mine who surfs most days pointed out that at any given time they reckon there is a shark never farther than 200m away from you. Keeps you humble :-)
Attached Thumbnails Shark!!!-blueysbeachjan11th2009.jpg  
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Blueys Beach is North of you though !
Here's a great pic taken there on Sunday while the kids were in surf school.
Estimated 3 metre white pointer.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...7-1242,00.html

A buddy of mine who surfs most days pointed out that at any given time they reckon there is a shark never farther than 200m away from you. Keeps you humble :-)
As a dad and a diver it will keep me regular - did they suspend the surf school?

Twinset
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:40 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

Originally Posted by Twinset
As a dad and a diver it will keep me regular - did they suspend the surf school?

Twinset
No, they did not !

Former professional surfer Gary Hughes, who runs Gary Hughes Surface School of Surf and Surf Consultancy, said he was aware of the shark and had been monitoring it.

"I did not tell the students because they just would have worried," Mr Hughes, 50, said.

"It was just having a cruise, it wasn't showing attack behaviour."
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

If that was the UK, there would be a public enquiry.......3m great white is a juvenile so no sweat....

Chimes with another story I saw about 16 juveniles observed of North Oz coast...over couple of hours!

Think they are mainly fish eaters at that size. Gonna have to go see them to desensitize: would prefer my first encounter to be with a cage wrapped round me!!

Pies
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There are thousands of Bullsharks in the Brisbane river and all round the SEQ coast.

They have always been there and they are dangerous.

Seems like the media are having a field day with this one

G
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
There are thousands of Bullsharks in the Brisbane river and all round the SEQ coast.

They have always been there and they are dangerous.

Seems like the media are having a field day with this one

G
Yeah the bulls pups chase the mullet up river and then grow to bloody big sharks.... I heard of 2 bulls attacking a horse in the brisbane
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:26 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

For a spectacular experience you can go diving in a grey nurse shark breeding ground off Nelsons Bay. Absolutely amazing. BTW they are harmless. In Sydney there are heaps of Wobbygongs which you can see snorkling.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:40 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Man-called-horse u might get a few in newry canal lmao or that love rostrevor shore line lol.That looked so like my mother in law u caught same big mouth and pointy nose lmao
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

PUtting it all into perspective... in 2007 1 HUMAN was killed by a shark... whilst 100,000,000 SHARKS were killed by humans in the same year.
Yes....and this is why the sharks are so angry.....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
For a spectacular experience you can go diving in a grey nurse shark breeding ground off Nelsons Bay. Absolutely amazing. BTW they are harmless. In Sydney there are heaps of Wobbygongs which you can see snorkling.
I have to say I think these diving with shark experiences, whether scuba or in a tank is possibly one of the stupidest things ever imagined. The sharks obviously get used to the fact that they will get food in these situations so they are encouraged to give people a thrill. Therefore people = food and they start coming closer and closer and the general public are not there with food, they become the food.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Man-called-horse u might get a few in newry canal lmao or that love rostrevor shore line lol.That looked so like my mother in law u caught same big mouth and pointy nose lmao
Rostrevor!! Love the place

Which reminds me of a funny story.

My Aussie GF grew up in the suburb of Carlingford in Sydney, and when my brother got married last year he had the reception in Four Seasons in Carlingford in Co. Louth.

I never told her until we arrived a few days before the wedding to deliver wine to the hotel of which I said welcome to the 'real' Carlingford.

Got a great pic too.
Attached Thumbnails Shark!!!-img_2073-large-.jpg  
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:45 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Yeah the bulls pups chase the mullet up river and then grow to bloody big sharks.... I heard of 2 bulls attacking a horse in the brisbane
Hope it wasn't man_called_Horse

Cooler
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:36 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I have to say I think these diving with shark experiences, whether scuba or in a tank is possibly one of the stupidest things ever imagined. The sharks obviously get used to the fact that they will get food in these situations so they are encouraged to give people a thrill. Therefore people = food and they start coming closer and closer and the general public are not there with food, they become the food.
No food is given to the sharks on this dive. They are just around the area. To get there you have to go on a boat for 45 mins and it is not somewhere non divers tend to go. Grey nurse sharks do not attack people and the philosophy of the dive is to look at a distance and do not touch. That goes for the other sea life as well. When I went the sea was too rough around the breeding ground but they were swimming around the sheltered part of the island. To see one of these magnificent creatures swimming above you is something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.