Shark!!!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:38 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark!!!

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Ooo ponyrama we are in the same area as you - 12 hammerheads south south beach and 6 bull sharks spotted at windang yesterday.

I know there is regularly a school of hammerheads between fairy meadow and north beach just outside the nets - a spearfishing friend told me lol
Ah the Hammers dont worry me really - its the Bulls, White Pointers and Tiger sharks that I dont want to meet. Plus I never go south of Towradgi so I reckon I'm quite safe!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:09 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Hey man-called-horse u`ll not get many of those great whites in norn iron lmao. i thin they must be afraid of us lmao
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:12 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

PUtting it all into perspective... in 2007 1 HUMAN was killed by a shark... whilst 100,000,000 SHARKS were killed by humans in the same year.

Add to that the amount of HUMANS killed by other humans, by drink drivers etc... I"m not too worried about the sharks.
100 million sharks? Are you sure about this? Surely that's aquatic genocide?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:13 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Shark attacks are sufficiently rare to make each one newsworthy so I don't think there is an increase in reporting as such. There have certainly been a few incidents recently, but then there are probably a lot more people in the water this time of year, not necessarily more sharks.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:16 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this number was high so googled and came up with this:

http://www.greendiary.com/entry/100-...servationists/

Interstingly, UN says 10 million a year but "some environmentalists" say 100million, which lead the articlle's author to suggest the UN is lying and covering up, as opposed to "some environmentalists" lying for some other reasons.

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
100 million sharks? Are you sure about this? Surely that's aquatic genocide?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr

Interstingly, UN says 10 million a year but "some environmentalists" say 100million, which lead the articlle's author to suggest the UN is lying and covering up, as opposed to "some environmentalists" lying for some other reasons.
Wow. That's very, very bad.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:31 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

'enviromentalists lying' ?

surely not
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Maybe the sharks are smarter than we think....

Are watching they don't take too much high cholestrol, high alcohol content, homosapiens. Okay for a snack or taken in moderation
Mr Pointer wants you to keep eating McDonalds, pizza, takeaways of all descriptions - you have a long way to go to equal the blubber of a seal, but some of you are definitely getting close.......!

Gotta go - my Kentucky Fried Chicken is getting cold......
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Sorry Guys I work for Lush and a recent campaign has been with the Sea Shepherds.... and yes 100,000,000 sharks were killed in 2007 mainly for sharkfin soup ... just search on sea shepherd on google... Darryl Hannah is currently on board fighting against the Japs and their whaling mission!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Burbage
Sharks don't have swim bladders.

However...

What surprises me is that sharks as a whole haven't figured out how much easy meat there is to eat off the coast of Australia. I suppose anything that's been around for 200 million years takes a bit of time to adapt to a new food source, but it will happen eventually.
Yeah and alot more "bang for their buck" than 50 years ago. Nice fat slow swimmer and he's good for the whole day....
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Sorry Guys I work for Lush and a recent campaign has been with the Sea Shepherds.... and yes 100,000,000 sharks were killed in 2007 mainly for sharkfin soup ... just search on sea shepherd on google... Darryl Hannah is currently on board fighting against the Japs and their whaling mission!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't throw Darryl Hannah overboard for eating sharkfin soup in bed
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyrama
There's been quite a few sightings round here over last week or so and one of the attacks was just down the coast from me yesterday. Still going surfing later though! Not sure if I'm naive, fearless, stupid or just plain bonkers!
Just paint a sign on the bottom of your surfboard. Best to use pictograms so paint a shark within a circle with a line through it. Let us know if it works
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

I believe that sales of fish-scented boardwax were the first products to bite the dust in the downturn.......
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:18 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think there are more than usual -there are always sightings bitings and takings

mostly people wandering around dragging dead fish on their belts
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Which poor bugger has the job of counting them and how do they do it? I think I'd have lost count by 2,222,222 I don't think there are any more, just better ways of finding them and the media doing the hysterical thing whenever they can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.