British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

mickagnew Aug 6th 2007 1:55 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 5154046)
could i join your gang please ...?

im a hill billy...i live up in dem hills...

aston and family...

thank you......

Ast

You can come to the barbie, infact you could host it, what you reckon;)

You enjoying life?

Mick

The_Effys Aug 6th 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 5154046)
could i join your gang please ...?

im a hill billy...i live up in dem hills...

aston and family...

thank you......

Hey Ast, how's it going? What's it like up in dem hills? I've been so wrapped up in things here I haven't been an looked to see how you are getting on :o

Have you had your OH's party yet?

Course you can join the list :thumbsup: I will see if I can find all your details, unless you want to save me the trouble & surrender them ;) This is what we need:
Names(ages)Jobs, where settled, date you flew, date you landed :thumbup:

Cheers,

Chris :)

.

MOONLIGHT Aug 6th 2007 7:29 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
Hi Just found this thread and we are hoping to be in Perth Jan 08 also...:)
I can't seem to open the list :ohmy: my computer keeps saying adobe couldn't open the file...:unsure:
can anyone help please;)

Nic938 Aug 6th 2007 9:10 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT (Post 5155376)
Hi Just found this thread and we are hoping to be in Perth Jan 08 also...:)
I can't seem to open the list :ohmy: my computer keeps saying adobe couldn't open the file...:unsure:
can anyone help please;)

Hey Moonlight, can't help with the computer question but from one Aprileee to another, welcome! :) Didn't realise you were off to Perth also. Where you hoping on ending up?

Nic

MOONLIGHT Aug 6th 2007 9:43 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by Nic938 (Post 5155701)
Hey Moonlight, can't help with the computer question but from one Aprileee to another, welcome! :) Didn't realise you were off to Perth also. Where you hoping on ending up?

Nic

Thankyou. I'm going to stay with my cousin in Port Kennedy to begin with and have a look around, i did like the look of Secret Harbour :)

mad.chef Aug 6th 2007 10:54 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT (Post 5155376)
Hi Just found this thread and we are hoping to be in Perth Jan 08 also...:)
I can't seem to open the list :ohmy: my computer keeps saying adobe couldn't open the file...:unsure:
can anyone help please;)

you have to open it with word:thumbup:

MOONLIGHT Aug 6th 2007 11:16 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
you have to open it with word:thumbup:
Nope won't let me! :confused: I've got microsoft works that's different to word isn't it?

mad.chef Aug 6th 2007 11:20 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT (Post 5156177)
you have to open it with word:thumbup:
Nope won't let me! :confused: I've got microsoft works that's different to word isn't it?

save it first to your pc then try to open it see if that works
Dave

MOONLIGHT Aug 6th 2007 11:39 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5156188)
save it first to your pc then try to open it see if that works
Dave

Ha Ha. done that and saved it to Wordpad...got something up with everyone's names ages etc but it wasn't a list :rofl: looked a bit of a mess really :rofl: I'm not really that good on computer's!!

The_Effys Aug 7th 2007 12:39 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT (Post 5156253)
Ha Ha. done that and saved it to Wordpad...got something up with everyone's names ages etc but it wasn't a list :rofl: looked a bit of a mess really :rofl: I'm not really that good on computer's!!

If I had the time I would do a website list & there would be no compatability issues, but unfortunately....

Perhaps someone will volunteer?

Chris :)

.

chrisandvee Aug 7th 2007 12:41 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
I like secret harbour lovely area that would be my choice if i was going sor :)

I_Will_Freckle Aug 7th 2007 8:49 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5156410)
If I had the time I would do a website list & there would be no compatability issues, but unfortunately....

Perhaps someone will volunteer?

Chris :)

.

Not volunteering but....

Could make a blogspot blog (free) and password protect it.

then just have the link to the blog and the password here.

The_Effys Aug 7th 2007 10:03 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5157546)
Not volunteering but....

Could make a blogspot blog (free) and password protect it.

then just have the link to the blog and the password here.

I looked into getting webspace & even signed up to a couple but recreating the list on a webpage is very time consuming, or seems to be, but that's probably due to me not knowing what the hell I'm doing :blink: :o

There seems to be a lot of faffing about with table code & spacing. This wouldn't be so bad if the list had just started & was small but now it is 50 odd long it is a lot of work. it would be so much simpler if you could just paste the word document list onto the webpage & you can to a degree but you lose all the formatting :ohmy:

Not sure about blogs :confused: don't know whether it would work with regard to what I said above :unsure:

Perhaps some more knowledgable people on here can help :thumbup: Hols on, didn't we have a web designer on our list.....

Chris :)

.

mad.chef Aug 7th 2007 11:33 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
I had trouble opening it but it seems ok now. I click on the link and save it first and then when it ask me I open it. I looked into the website thing and it was a nightmare. I couldn't link the list onto the opening page and it was doing my head in.

A suggestion for people struggling to open the document is to PM us or chris their email address and we could attatch it that way and send them a copy. Just a suggestion.

Sarah

The Moore Family Aug 7th 2007 12:28 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
Hi, we are flying out to Perth from Heathrow on 21st August and will be renting a house in Secret Harbour.
Anyone else going on the same day?

Really excited, can't wait now.:eek::thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.