British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

midgetjan Feb 21st 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5963732)
Hi Jan,

I just looked where Maida Vale is as I had never heard of it and it is quite away from anyone I know with kids that age. There may be people on the list that have settled over that way or maybe you could put out a post to find someone for him to get to know.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah

Might just do that

BallochBiddy Feb 23rd 2008 8:52 am

Booked flights today. Leave Glasgow 5th June arrive Perth 6th June:thumbsup:

tomy2tums Feb 23rd 2008 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy (Post 5972625)
Booked flights today. Leave Glasgow 5th June arrive Perth 6th June:thumbsup:

well done dude, you know it makes sense!

MOONLIGHT Feb 24th 2008 12:54 am

Originally Posted by toan (Post 5930627)
Hi there Moonlight,

still looking,we have enquired about a few but have already been booked.
The calendar dates havn't been updated:thumbdown:
Any help would be gratefuly recieved,:thumbsup:
thanks.
ps. hope your enjoying your new life and wewll done:thumbup:

Hi toan
sorry for the late reply, I now have the internet at home and will be able to keep up to date with my messages etc.
Are you referring to rentals? If so we just drove around and picked up the details and booked a viewing, I did find it easier to go on realestate.com and phone the agents, this was how we got our rental. We found lot's of people were viewing and because the owner's choose who they want we offered to pay 4 months rent in advance and I think this secured it! I have a little dog also so I was a bit limited to rentals. We could have done without putting up so much because we had to compensate and buy an old car!!!! But at least my rents paid!!!
Good Luck to you.:)

Kangy-roo Feb 26th 2008 1:54 pm

Hi All, This is our first entry to this thread, however I have really enjoyed reading everybodies progress. Could we please be entered onto the list.

Nigel (44)- Electrical Engineer, Alexandra (40), Callum (12) and William (10), we are flying on the 4th April 2008 and landing on the 5th April 2008. We are hopefully aiming for Canning Vale (rentals permitting) or Mandurah depending on where the jobs arise.

We are just about to start sending out CV's now we can give an arrival date. Still waiting for the ARTC people to get back to us, so that Nige can apply for his electrical licence. Callum has nearly saved up for a surf board and William can't wait to join one of the Archery clubs :thumbup:. I can't wait to see the real thing rather than pictures on the Internet.

I'll have to go now, I'm getting addicted to this wonderful site. :eek:

movin'on Feb 26th 2008 2:34 pm

Hi there
Flights are finally booked - can you please update us on the list?
We leave the UK on Sun 6th April, arrive in Perth (via Dubai) on Thurs 10th! Just after OH's 40th birthday! Can't wait!
See you at a meet up....
xxx

Cheetah7 Feb 26th 2008 2:44 pm

Ive reserved our seats and our meals for SA.

The plane was full with hardly any available seats left, I am glad I've got in early.:eek:

mad.chef Feb 28th 2008 2:21 am

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I have added Kangy-roo to the list and updated details for movin'on and BallochBiddy.

Any more changes just let me know or send me a pm.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:

mum01753 Feb 28th 2008 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5985613)
Ive reserved our seats and our meals for SA.

The plane was full with hardly any available seats left, I am glad I've got in early.:eek:

Hi pp
How did you reserve your seat so early we go on saturday night with sa but cannot seem to do it untill tonight earliest.

:)

Cheetah7 Feb 28th 2008 10:19 am

Originally Posted by mum01753 (Post 5993199)
Hi pp
How did you reserve your seat so early we go on saturday night with sa but cannot seem to do it untill tonight earliest.

We just went on the SA site, went to 'My booking' (think it was called), you enter in your flight number and name.

Then there was the option of booking your seat and your meal, we did both.:)

mum01753 Feb 28th 2008 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5993988)
We just went on the SA site, went to 'My booking' (think it was called), you enter in your flight number and name.

Then there was the option of booking your seat and your meal, we did both.:)

we keep doing that but it keeps saing can only do it 24 48 hrs before flight. o well never mind thanks for help anyway.

gl and im sure gordan will be fine we collect our dog jazz on monday lunch time and byford have been really good.

Cheetah7 Feb 28th 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by mum01753 (Post 5994556)
we keep doing that but it keeps saing can only do it 24 48 hrs before flight. o well never mind thanks for help anyway.

gl and im sure gordan will be fine we collect our dog jazz on monday lunch time and byford have been really good.

Oh my days, I hope I havent cocked up our booking. I shall go on the site and check it out now.:eek:

So your dog has done his time already? We are hoping to find a cat friendly rental by the time Gordon gets out.:lol:

Cheetah7 Feb 28th 2008 1:51 pm

Just checked it again and its all in order.

Im wondering if it is dependent on the ticket type that you have or if your ticket is on special offer or something?

mad.chef Feb 29th 2008 12:45 am

Hi all,

We have a new list which is absoloutley brilliant thanks to Allan who did it for us. Everyone can add themselves or update details and it does it for you.

Many thanks to Allan again!

Here is where the new list can be found.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php

Sarah

I_Will_Freckle Feb 29th 2008 1:03 am

That's brilliant!