British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

mabozar Aug 4th 2007 11:02 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5144745)
Welcome to Wooders and KevinJanine,

The list is getting massive! Can't wait to get there!

Sarah

HERE'S THE LIST:

Hi All,

What a list!!!!!!

Cheers Carol

My hubby is waiting on word about his job with Shell to see if he is getting a pay- off first but we should be there soon.

Let us know when the meet-up is.

Thanks Carol

charmed Aug 4th 2007 11:22 am

Hi

We are new to all this and glad to know we are not on our own. :thumbsup:

We are going hopefully in oct/november just waiting for the request of the investment...ahhhhh... we were 5 points down so it was the way to go for us.

We are very nervous/excited and want to go now... We are looking at the ocean reef area to settle.

mabozar Aug 4th 2007 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by charmed (Post 5147484)
Hi

We are new to all this and glad to know we are not on our own. :thumbsup:

We are going hopefully in oct/november just waiting for the request of the investment...ahhhhh... we were 5 points down so it was the way to go for us.

We are very nervous/excited and want to go now... We are looking at the ocean reef area to settle.

Hi

We have our visa already we are ok for points just waiting to see if Shell pay out some money as well not likely though.

We are going to put the house up for sale after a shell meeting on 8th Aug if the outcome is pants.

Nice to hear from you.

Does your hubby work offshore also?

Cheers Carol

gobbyjock Aug 4th 2007 1:26 pm

Well we arrived in Perth about wks ago (11th June) and have settled in Warnbro, hubby Neil electrician (ex RN) me housewife (ex civil servant) and daughter Hayley. Enjoying it so far and settling in ok.:D

marknrose Aug 4th 2007 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5114348)
Hi there,

All are welcome and if you want to be added to the list send me a message and I can add you. You must be a bit daunted doing this on your own? Do you know anyone out there?

Best of luck with your application.

Sarah

hi we also heading to perth early oct hoping to settle rockingham area. Any furnished rentals out there?
Mark(46), Rose(45) & Becky (17 with attitude)

eddie007 Aug 4th 2007 8:58 pm

we are renting a furnished holiday let for 3 weeks on Rockingham Beach when we get there on 27th august.... will let you now what it is like.... we have Faith 17 with attidtude (aka Kevin).... perhaps we should put them in touch with each other so they can have door slamming competitions?

marknrose Aug 4th 2007 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 5148929)
we are renting a furnished holiday let for 3 weeks on Rockingham Beach when we get there on 27th august.... will let you now what it is like.... we have Faith 17 with attidtude (aka Kevin).... perhaps we should put them in touch with each other so they can have door slamming competitions?

am sure faith & becky will have plenty in common. Let us know how rockingham shapes up. Where did you find the furnished?

eddie007 Aug 4th 2007 9:15 pm

was advertised on line, cheap and cheerful..... will pm you details if you like... Its outof season so cheaper in August and they offer a discount for more than so many weeks, the girl renting it out appears really laid back... they even include kids bikes and boogy boards ..... Is your stopster not wanting to immigrate ? ours hates us becasue we are making her leave everything she knows and loves....

Nic938 Aug 4th 2007 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 5148970)
was advertised on line, cheap and cheerful..... will pm you details if you like... Its outof season so cheaper in August and they offer a discount for more than so many weeks, the girl renting it out appears really laid back... they even include kids bikes and boogy boards ..... Is your stopster not wanting to immigrate ? ours hates us becasue we are making her leave everything she knows and loves....

Sorry to hijack the thread, could you pm me the details?

Thanks

Nic

The_Effys Aug 5th 2007 6:02 am

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Mark & Rose,

Have included your details on the list :thumbup: Have got ?????? for jobs though so I don't know whether you want to include them?

Just noticed you are actually older than us :thumbsup: Makes me feel young again :p ;)

What Visa have you got? We had to get STNI Visa because of our age(short on points!)and were worried that if we failed on our first attempt we'd be cutting it a bit fine going for a second attempt :unsure:

Cheers,

Chris :)

Here is the updated list:
Update includes: marknrose details

terrington-evans Aug 5th 2007 8:40 am

Originally Posted by marknrose (Post 5148446)
hi we also heading to perth early oct hoping to settle rockingham area. Any furnished rentals out there?
Mark(46), Rose(45) & Becky (17 with attitude)

You could try John & Eve at emi-great.com - We've got a furnished rental with them for 5 weeks for when we arrive on the 28th August - They also pick you up at the airport, supply a welcome basket, take you for a tour around the area and help get you registered for a Tax file number and with Medicare. They can also supply a rental car and if you want they can have a phone/PC/Internet setup for you in the rental.

rgds

Mark

marknrose Aug 5th 2007 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5149931)
Hi Mark & Rose,

Have included your details on the list :thumbup: Have got ?????? for jobs though so I don't know whether you want to include them?

Just noticed you are actually older than us :thumbsup: Makes me feel young again :p ;)

What Visa have you got? We had to get STNI Visa because of our age(short on points!)and were worried that if we failed on our first attempt we'd be cutting it a bit fine going for a second attempt :unsure:

Cheers,

Chris :)

Here is the updated list:
Update includes: marknrose details

hi, yes an oldie but not wrinkly yet. have perm res visa (skilled sponsored 139) applied just before 45, received last september, taken alsmost a year to sort out odds and ends. Used to live in MK (bradville)!

The_Effys Aug 5th 2007 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by marknrose (Post 5151032)
hi, yes an oldie but not wrinkly yet. have perm res visa (skilled sponsored 139) applied just before 45, received last september, taken alsmost a year to sort out odds and ends. Used to live in MK (bradville)!

Hi Mark, how long have you been up in Rochester then? Was it a job move? We like MK, but it's not for everyone, too concrete jungle for some people :unsure: Have you got the Visa on your skills or OH's. Unfortunately my skills count for sweet FA in Aus! :ohmy:

All the best,

Chris

Daxver Aug 6th 2007 9:50 am

Thanks Sonja and Sarah(MadChef)

Its good to know that there are others in the same situation, feeling better about it all today and just want to be there now, but its only 8 weeks (and 10 working days - saying that always makes me feel better!!!) to go and we'll be just in time for the good weather starting - so if we cant afford anything we can sleep on the beach!!

Thanks guys
Michelle x

aston man Aug 6th 2007 11:43 am

could i join your gang please ...?

im a hill billy...i live up in dem hills...

aston and family...

thank you......