Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private number plates in Oz!

Private number plates in Oz!

Old May 22nd 2009, 1:43 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Private number plates in Oz!

Originally Posted by Deancm
It also draws the attention of the coppers and they are much easier for the coppers to remember if they want to send you a ticket.
That's why I reverted back to normal plates ...

Old May 22nd 2009, 1:54 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That's why I reverted back to normal plates ...
Copper "Look at those customised rego plates... What a twat!"

Copper 2 "Yeah, let's pull him over and give him roadworthy. With plates like that there must be something wrong."
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:55 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Also a Lambo - Scary.

I hate the ones with peoples names, I mean cmon use your imagination.
Or the self-evident ones, such as "PRATT"
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:12 am
ABCDiamond

Copper 2 "Yeah, let's pull him over and give him roadworthy. With plates like that there must be something wrong."
I had that happen in my souped up Ford Anglia,some years ago, in London at 3am one Sunday Morning... They spent more time checking out my twin choke carburetter..

Old May 22nd 2009, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

I had that happen in my souped up Ford Anglia,some years ago, in London at 3am one Sunday Morning... They spent more time checking out my twin choke carburetter..
They were obviously bored. When I was a cop, if we saw a lambo or ferrari drive past we would pull it over just to have a look and we always pulled over cars with customised rego plates.
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:26 am
ABCDiamond

They were obviously bored.
I gathered that at the time, but I was rather relieved that they overlooked asking me for my licence... I hadn't quite got around to taking my test at the time...

Old May 22nd 2009, 3:51 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I gathered that at the time, but I was rather relieved that they overlooked asking me for my licence... I hadn't quite got around to taking my test at the time...
I the good ole days, I recall my father taking his test at 27, He had been driving us round for years...
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Brisben
I the good ole days, I recall my father taking his test at 27, He had been driving us round for years...
I put of taking my car driving test as I couldn't get to grips with the hand signals for turning.

Old May 22nd 2009, 11:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My dad never did take a driving test. He was put in a truck in the army during the war and given a piece of paper. When he left the army in 1945 it was automatically converted to a driving licence.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Well my Dads car was the bestest coz it didnt have an engine. We used to hop in and run like mad.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Well my Dads car was the bestest coz it didnt have an engine. We used to hop in and run like mad.
yabbadabba dooooo!
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

stufi1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
But did he have personalised plates on it?
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

The real wanky plates are the 'european style' ones that BMW & Audi owners put on their vehicles. I suppose they think they once they are fitted they can pretend they are driving down the autobahn instead of the the Pacific Highway.