Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private number plates in Oz!

Private number plates in Oz!

Old May 21st 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Private number plates in Oz!

I love personalised plates, they liven up the place! Its your car, you do what you want with it, sure beats furry dice! I bought one as it was something I could never have in the UK and yet was so accessible and cheap here (friends back home are very jealous!), plus it matches my car colour so makes the car look nicer plus I got slimline plates which fitted my car better than the bog standard ones that came with it that hung down over the back bumper as they were too big. Much nicer to look at. I only have my initials and my fave number. It does get your recognised by friends when you are out and about though, and of course you never see them without personalised plates as their cars look the same as a million others. As long as you aren't visiting places you don't want to be seen at/shouldn't be then where's the harm!
Old May 21st 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tawkins1 View Post
Oh wind your neck in!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was asking a question not asking for a sarcastic reply
I am aware of children starving in the world which is why I subscribe to such charities DO YOU????
My sister lives in Perth & has done for some time now & doesn't frown upon private numberplates..... It was just something unusual for a special birthday...

THANK YOU for everyone who has given me some advice
Personally, I think it's a BRILLIANT birthday gift! Go for it hon!!!
My sis is in Perth and has a very unique plate and has never, as far as I know, been 'frowned upon'!!!
Old May 21st 2009, 10:23 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23 View Post
I love personalised plates, they liven up the place! Its your car, you do what you want with it, sure beats furry dice! I bought one as it was something I could never have in the UK and yet was so accessible and cheap here (friends back home are very jealous!), plus it matches my car colour so makes the car look nicer plus I got slimline plates which fitted my car better than the bog standard ones that came with it that hung down over the back bumper as they were too big. Much nicer to look at. I only have my initials and my fave number. It does get your recognised by friends when you are out and about though, and of course you never see them without personalised plates as their cars look the same as a million others. As long as you aren't visiting places you don't want to be seen at/shouldn't be then where's the harm!
I spent *years* trying to find some furry dice to hang in the windscreen of the big rig I used to drive - but there always seemed to be a world shortage!
Old May 21st 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

stufi1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got 3 sets of fluffy dice too (my son has a penchant for them and looks out for them at garage sales for me) and some novelty air freshners.... the old dears love it
Old May 21st 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I live on the Gold Coast and there is an oldish looking guy that drives a Bentley with the number plate `DOUGH`

Good on him I say.
Old May 21st 2009, 8:43 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970 View Post
My favourite one to date has to be... YES DEAR.
I have seen a few good ones.

Women driving nice cars saying

Revenge

He paid

One here on an old white comoddore

Pommy B
Old May 21st 2009, 9:00 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben View Post
I have seen a few good ones.

Women driving nice cars saying

Revenge

He paid

One here on an old white comoddore

Pommy B

Here are a few i've noticed here in Brissie:

On a Lambo = YOU WISH
On a Ferrari = PAST YA

On a XR8 = P3NIS
On a BMW = C4NT
Old May 21st 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

juddy will become famous soon enoughjuddy will become famous soon enough

I love the ones on Hummers, like H3umer not content with driving the worst car on the planet, they need a number plate reminding them of the car they drive! How strange
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:28 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times View Post
Here are a few i've noticed here in Brissie:

On a Lambo = YOU WISH
On a Ferrari = PAST YA

On a XR8 = P3NIS
On a BMW = C4NT
Also a Lambo - Scary.

I hate the ones with peoples names, I mean cmon use your imagination.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juddy View Post
I love the ones on Hummers, like H3umer not content with driving the worst car on the planet, they need a number plate reminding them of the car they drive! How strange
I hate that too, number plates that say what the car is like "BMW 323" or "SSS V8".
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148 View Post
Their not alone, this pommie doesnt even know what ASBO stands for.

Barney
Anti Social Behaviour Order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-so...ehaviour_order

I see the Mullaloo ASBO at least once a day.
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

It does get your recognised by friends when you are out and about though, and of course you never see them without personalised plates as their cars look the same as a million others.
It also draws the attention of the coppers and they are much easier for the coppers to remember if they want to send you a ticket.
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

Originally Posted by rab View Post
I think you missed the point. My post was trying to save the OP wasting her money. Private plates are not common here and there are many in this society who would frown on them.

Absolute rubbish they are very common here.
And to be honest it is just the sort of moronic car orientated shite that would make you fit right into this cultural power house..
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm View Post
It also draws the attention of the coppers and they are much easier for the coppers to remember if they want to send you a ticket.
As I said, "as long as you aren't visiting places you don't want to be seen at/shouldn't be then where's the harm!" add to that doing things you shouldn't be doing!
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said, "as long as you aren't visiting places you don't want to be seen at/shouldn't be then where's the harm!" add to that doing things you shouldn't be doing!
Like not wearing a seatbelt, talking on a mobile phone, eating food while driving etc. The coppers don't even need to pull you over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.