Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

looking for work in brisbane

looking for work in brisbane

Old May 23rd 2009, 2:45 am
Just Joined

steve reed 26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for work in brisbane

hey all just arrived to brisbane from the uk with my girlfriend on a 457 sponsered visa she's a nurse working in the royal brisbane hospital, but im yet to find work i have mainly a construction backround but am willing to give anything a go im a hard worker and fast learner i have transport so if anyone thinks they can help then message me many thanks steve
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:41 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for work in brisbane

Cant offer you any work but welcome to Brissie and best of luck in the job front,maybe we will see you at one of the tuesday night meets in town for a
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:41 am
ABCDiamond

Just a thought, what suburb are you in ? In case anyone local to you needs anything doing at their home etc.

eg; I need someone to dig out around a storm water drain, and lay some more pipes, to help clear excess water that we have been getting recently due to this new thing called rain. I was quoted for this a year or so ago, but didn't bother as it wasn't a problem with no rain

Others, local to you, may have odds and ends to help get you started...

Old May 23rd 2009, 10:15 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve reed 26
hey all just arrived to brisbane from the uk with my girlfriend on a 457 sponsered visa she's a nurse working in the royal brisbane hospital, but im yet to find work i have mainly a construction backround but am willing to give anything a go im a hard worker and fast learner i have transport so if anyone thinks they can help then message me many thanks steve

I don't kow if you are aware that you need to have different licences/certifications for all facets of the construction industry and normally union membership (as most construction jobs require you to be a member of the BLF or other associated trade unions) before they will even consider your application. Everything is pretty tight at the moment, but with the proposed infrastructure increase, there might be something around the corner.