Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

URGENT HELP : UNSIGNED Property Entrance Condition Report

URGENT HELP : UNSIGNED Property Entrance Condition Report

Old May 19th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant future
Exclamation URGENT HELP : UNSIGNED Property Entrance Condition Report

Hi 2 all ppl in this great forum...

I have a matter of urgency

This is the story :

I decide to move out from the apartment I currently reside 30 days later.

When I moved in my current apartment (6 months ago), the real estate agent gave me a property entrance condition report to be filled and signed by me. I filled and signed them and return them to the agent 4 days later. Then, the agent gave me just a copy of the documents I had just given him, whereas from the legal point of view, he should have signed those documents before giving me a copy. (I think he was busy at that moment and he had not enough time to sign all those documents before giving me a copy of them). Accordingly, all I have in my hand is a copy of the property entrance condition report which doesn’t have the signature of the real state agent.

I didn’t object to that because at that moment I was not aware of the fact that “the agent must give us a copy of the SIGNED property entrance condition report”

Now that I am going to move out of this property, is it really NECESSARY that I request the agent to give me a copy of SIGNED documents? Can he object/refuse my request?

Thank you very much.

I am looking forward to your replies...
Old May 19th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

BARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant futureBARDI77 has a brilliant future
Default Re: URGENT HELP : UNSIGNED Property Entrance Condition Report

Any clue?
Old May 20th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

wulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of light

Yes you can insist on a signed copy of your Property Report especially if you experience problems with getting your Bond back.

If you have any quieries there is a site for Tenants by which you can ask for clarification. The site is the Tenants Advisory site below.

http://www.taswa.org/
Old May 20th 2009, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wulfruna
Yes you can insist on a signed copy of your Property Report especially if you experience problems with getting your Bond back.

If you have any quieries there is a site for Tenants by which you can ask for clarification. The site is the Tenants Advisory site below.

http://www.taswa.org/
Thank you for your help.

Will a copy of SIGEND property condition report be of any use AFTER the bond is released? In other words, is there a possibility that I will be liable for any damage after I get my bond back IF I DONT have a copy of signed property condition report?

Cheers,
Old May 21st 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

wulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of lightwulfruna is a glorious beacon of light

Once your Bond is returned you have no further responsibilty whether you have a signed copy or not of the Property Report.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Would you mind please showing me how I can insist on a signed copy politely if the agent turns down my request for it? For exapmle if he says that "Dont worry about a signed one, trust me..." or if he says "it is not really necessary..." , etc...

I am weak in English correspondence technicality ...

Thank you a ton buddy.

Last edited by BARDI77; May 22nd 2009 at 8:26 am.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Once your Bond is returned you have no further responsibility whether you have a signed copy or not of the Property Report.
Thanks for the reply.

But take a look at this link please:

www.taswa.org/downloads/all/eratum-2007-05.pdf

"From 1 May 2005 all residential tenancy matters are now heard as a Minor Case in the Magistrates Court with a jurisdictional limit of $10000"

Doesn't it mean vice versa? I mean it seems that even after I get my bond back, there is still a possibility of being further responsible and if I don’t have a signed copy of property condition form I will be in the risk of being held responsible for what I have not done ... Am I wrong?

I am new to this country and very unfamiliar to the rules. So I have to be very cautious us and careful in this kind of matters in order not to be regretful in the future! That’s why I may seem a little sensitive to this matter... Which I think I should be.

Thank you once again