Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Political correctness gone mad?

Political correctness gone mad?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political correctness gone mad?

It's funny - was surfing the online media and came across this one - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...922159,00.html - stick it in your pipe and smoke it, Grayling ...

Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Found this on google

http://www.jtagz.com/company_profiles.htm

maybe I'll order 1000 tags with "I love Christmas" on it.

I wonder if they'll accept the order, but then I don't want to give them any business either!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:54 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
They say in the article that there is no place in State schools for christianity................I always thought State Schools had a mix of religions in them...I know mine has, and I dont complain when they talk about all the different religions in school.

The town had been abuzz with the story and I am sure there will b loads of messages to the editor in the local rag, so I will keep you posted.

IMO the head teacher should not have apologised as there was nothing to apologise for. I checked my kids newsletter and it said CHRISTMAS Holiday, CHRISTMAS Tree, CHRISTMAS concert, CHRISTMAS dinner and CHRISTMAS carols all on the front page FFS somebody fone the police. It also said SNOWMAN OMG!!!! I am going to write to the school and tell them it should have been SNOWPERSON....mind u it did have a picture of the sed SNOWPERSON who had a crackin pair ov hairy baws

I've just re-read the original article. So I am assuming this couple are Jewish (only because their business operates in Israel). Their kids go to a state school in a predominantly Christian country where I guess most schools have a Christian ethic. Surely they knew that so WTF are they moaning about. Send the kids to a Jewish or multi faith school. Or am I missing something here.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:12 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzy
I've just re-read the original article. So I am assuming this couple are Jewish (only because their business operates in Israel). Their kids go to a state school in a predominantly Christian country where I guess most schools have a Christian ethic. Surely they knew that so WTF are they moaning about. Send the kids to a Jewish or multi faith school. Or am I missing something here.
I do come from Jewish stock on one side of my family but when my ancestors came to the UK they merged into the customs here in Britain.

I lived in near to Tiberius in Israel and at Christmas my Israeli friends of Jewish faith went to Nazareth to buy those of us that celebrated Christmas all the Crissie trimmings and decs, we had a huge Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with a tree and we were given Christmas Day & Boxing Day off work, though the rest of Israel went about their days work as normal then at New Year they took us to Mount Hermon for snow boarding and snow ball fights as this is how they imagined us Brits to have fun at Christmas.

That was back in 1994 and I am ashamed to how the world is just declining into a whole load of PC crap and sh*te!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:20 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

the state school my kids go to do judism, bla bla bla...i dont complain...its a ****** state school so all should go, Its a pile of pish if u ask me......my kids r free to chose whatever religion they like...I cant force my views on a 9 and 10 year old FFS
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:23 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure if some minority religion wanted a "celebration" the school would be delighted to accomadate them
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:31 pm

its a pile of pish to be honest............its christmas ffs and thats that....if they want to be miserable bastards then they can go somewhere who cares....poor kids I say
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I do come from Jewish stock on one side of my family but when my ancestors came to the UK they merged into the customs here in Britain.

I lived in near to Tiberius in Israel and at Christmas my Israeli friends of Jewish faith went to Nazareth to buy those of us that celebrated Christmas all the Crissie trimmings and decs, we had a huge Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with a tree and we were given Christmas Day & Boxing Day off work, though the rest of Israel went about their days work as normal then at New Year they took us to Mount Hermon for snow boarding and snow ball fights as this is how they imagined us Brits to have fun at Christmas.

That was back in 1994 and I am ashamed to how the world is just declining into a whole load of PC crap and sh*te!
I think the whole PC thing is pathetic. One of my daughter's friends is Jewish and I'm quite friendly with her mum. So who's got their tree and decorations up - well it ain't me yet
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:32 pm

I think the whole PC thing is pathetic. One of my daughter's friends is Jewish and I'm quite friendly with her mum. So who's got their tree and decorations up - well it ain't me yet
exactly...who gives a shite who is what...............just get on with life and b friends with who ever ye wanna
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:34 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, I think someone else said it in a post, was it Rog, time for us quite sane folk who want to live and let live to tell these arsey do gooding PC people to bog off, mind I am sure I then would be labelled as a Nazi and a whole new story emerges
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

its a pile of pish to be honest............its christmas ffs and thats that....if they want to be miserable bastards then they can go somewhere who cares....poor kids I say

You're right about the kids - they'll suffer most if the story has gone all around town. Sins of the fathers...." eh
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:50 pm

You're right about the kids - they'll suffer most if the story has gone all around town. Sins of the fathers...." eh
i have always brought my
my kids up in the way that when they r old enough they should decide there own religion and I an stickin to that,,,,maybe I am wrong I dunno....I beleive at state school they will get a taste of all religions
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Political correctness gone mad?

I hereby nominate biggy as "Most entertaining, straight-talking member of BE."

biggy, your posts are always a delight to read.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 5:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's funny - was surfing the online media and came across this one - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...922159,00.html - stick it in your pipe and smoke it, Grayling ...

Oh well..that's ok then.

Must be a score draw then

Obviously two wrongs must make a right

G
Old Dec 12th 2005, 6:41 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

I must be getting old. In my day, you went to school to learn new things, and this included learning about different cultures and faiths.

I guess they are trying to keep the different cultures ignorant of each other now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.