Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Political correctness gone mad?

Wikiposts

Political correctness gone mad?

Old Dec 11th 2005, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political correctness gone mad?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i know G is a big boy and can more than fight his own corner....but thats a bit of personal attack isnt it??
how G afforded his house is his own business.......and has absolutely nothing to do with the original post......

Sorry. (!)It's just that in the same way people want to have a better life for themselves, and complain, he often likes to remind them how good his life is in the UK. But maybe he doesn't have to live like other people. I'm saying we all have different circumstances. I mention his 'finances 'because it is precisely public workers who probably have the toughest time of it, apart from that I don't care about his personal situation.

I thought there was a bit of irony there, that was all.

Last edited by thatsnotquiteright; Dec 11th 2005 at 2:42 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 4:58 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.jtagz.com/company_profiles.htm
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:20 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Personally speaking, anything that pisses off Christians is okay by me ...
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:26 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Grayling
What is the world coming to:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1248,00.html

I thought it did not happen in Australia

G
Good to see you're still s*it stirring you miserable ol' troll.

Light blue touch paper and retire, eh? Or maybe you should just retire?!

Steve.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveBannister

Light blue touch paper and retire, eh? Or maybe you should just retire?!
Already have just do private work and part time now

G
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suzy
Father's Day???

3 years ago at my daughter's infant school we all got a letter saying that due to the fact that some children did not have father at home and so as not to cause upset the kids would not be making a card for Father's Day at school.

kids - 156

absent fathers - 5

FFS

BTW what religion are these people who demanded the apology?

It did not say. I totally agree that this whole PC'ness is getting out of hand. However I would think that it is not anywhere near as widespread in Oz as here. BTW I have loads of friends who could, if they are in that way inclined, which they are not, protest against the word Christmas, fathers day etc etc etc and it does not even enter their heads to protest against it.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed in the article that the head apologised herself and wasn't forced into it. Also she seems to have been widely condemned for doing it. In the UK she'd be marched into the PC torture chamber and made to write an apology.

The complainants would then be given a huge amount of compensation for hurt feelings
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
There's a serious point here: why on earth have we got into this PC position when it's only a tiny minority of (IMO fruitcases) who push it? The vast majority treat the whole PC thing with contempt - yet we still talk about these ridiculous incidents as if everyone agrees with it!
I think we're in this position because even though they are a minority, they make the most noise! Most descent people just get on with life in a 'live and let live' view to life but these PC folks just can't let anything go by without making a scene. They probably have boring lives and so are not happy unless they shout from the roof tops about this and that and that they are so hard done by, my arse!!!

Unfortunately the politicians take more notice of them because they shout so loud and ignore the other 99% of the population's wishes because we remain quiet because we just get on with life.

It amazes me though, how come we can tolerate other religions, etc in our societies yet they can't tolerate ours. You wouldn't think of telling a Hindu community to change the name of Duvali or a Muslim commuity to change the name of Eid yet we are told to call Christmas something else.

For goodness sake we are all humans, just get on with your lifes and give each other a break! And before I go I just want to say one more thing:

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas.

And who don't like it, tough!!!!

Bye
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:51 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Political correctness gone mad?

Originally Posted by Phil-UK

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas.

And who don't like it, tough!!!!

Bye
OK, to second that

CHRISTMAS

I am not a fan of the commercial side of this event, yet the fun and magic I had as a youngster is anything to go by, the simple pleasures and excitement, long may it reign
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
OK, to second that

CHRISTMAS

I am not a fan of the commercial side of this event, yet the fun and magic I had as a youngster is anything to go by, the simple pleasures and excitement, long may it reign

XMAS for the pagans!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Political correctness gone mad?

Originally Posted by Grayling
What is the world coming to:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1248,00.html

I thought it did not happen in Australia

G
Paul and Melanie Jowsey must be Brits.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:16 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

...you cant say that !!
It political correctness has been going through an immotionally difficult time
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:21 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzy
I noticed in the article that the head apologised herself and wasn't forced into it. Also she seems to have been widely condemned for doing it. In the UK she'd be marched into the PC torture chamber and made to write an apology.

The complainants would then be given a huge amount of compensation for hurt feelings
she apologised because she HAD too
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Paul and Melanie Jowsey must be Brits.

or arses one of the two lol
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:24 pm

hubby has just sent off a letter to the two local papers here I will let ya know of the outcome.........general consensus so far is............................****in arses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.