Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Political correctness gone mad?

Political correctness gone mad?

Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political correctness gone mad?

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well lots of people on this forum say they are leaving this 'Sh*thole' (the UK) to 'escape' from such things

Oh and to escape from immigrants

G
I love your posts and understand your viewpoint, but it seems you live in a perfect little house in a beautiful spot which you have bought on a nurse's salary(?)

If you were a nurse in many parts of the country you would not be able to do this and you might well feel disillusioned too. The majority of people can not afford to live how you do. They have to live in terraced housing or new Barratt builds, or in areas that are now marginalised and do not have the benefit of being gentrified or in highly sought after locations.

These people are wrong to say what they say but they may have a point - or - my view, they know the Uk is not as bad as they say it is - they are just looking for an excuse to lash out to justify their exit. When you are half way to what you feel is rightly a better life you will seize on political agendas in a way you might otherwise not.

Let them find out.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:06 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I love your posts and understand your viewpoint, but it seems you live in a perfect little house in a beautiful spot which you have bought on a nurse's salary(?)

If you were a nurse in many parts of the country you would not be able to do this and you might well feel disillusioned too. The majority of people can not afford to live how you do. They have to live in terraced housing or new Barratt builds, or in areas that are now marginalised and do not have the benefit of being gentrified or in highly sought after locations.

These people are wrong to say what they say but they may have a point - or - my view, they know the Uk is not as bad as they say it is - they are just looking for an excuse to lash out to justify their exit. When you are half way to what you feel is rightly a better life you will seize on political agendas in a way you might otherwise not.

Let them find out.

i know G is a big boy and can more than fight his own corner....but thats a bit of personal attack isnt it??
how G afforded his house is his own business.......and has absolutely nothing to do with the original post......

Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Well lots of people on this forum say they are leaving this 'Sh*thole' (the UK) to 'escape' from such things

Oh and to escape from immigrants

G

Perhaps its just that it happens more often in the UK?

Does it make prime time news over there? Probably not, as it seemed to be a whole lot more common place over there....IMO.

One family....One particular situation.....does not make for a National problem...
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
One family....One particular situation.....does not make for a National problem...
Unless it happens in the UK?

G
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Unless it happens in the UK?

G

I didnt say that.....But, and as I said before...IMO..It was more prevalent in the UK....

Or..

Could that just be one part of the UK? Sorry...was I just generalising? Wouldn't want to do that now......
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:31 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Feature on Breakfast TV this morning:

"Is Christmas Offensive?"

I ask you...!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Sorry...was I just generalising? Wouldn't want to do that now......
Why not?...everyone else does

G
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:37 pm
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

Political correctness my arse. People need to get something to keep themselves busy with instead of carrying themselves on. Time to give all the PC folk a wake up tablet to show them what they are actually doing to the world. F#**@~#g idiots. Go get laid or something, keep yourselves busy while we carry on in the real world.........

By the way I would strongly like to complain to the forum monitors about the piss taken out of Australia for loosing the Ashes Series. I feel it is totally politically incorrect and not sporting.

Get your guns out and start shooting boys and gals...........

By the way I am S. African so of course I know all about political correctness.

Chef

P.S. My DIMIA went in last Friday.............
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There's a serious point here: why on earth have we got into this PC position when it's only a tiny minority of (IMO fruitcases) who push it? The vast majority treat the whole PC thing with contempt - yet we still talk about these ridiculous incidents as if everyone agrees with it!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:18 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Maybe it's OBL

lmao well she have a bit of a beard lol
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

What is the world coming to:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...1-1248,00.html

I thought it did not happen in Australia

G
and I was just thinking last night that one of the things I love about Aus is that they aren't PC and wouldn't try and deChristmas etc... most Aussies will tell someone like that where to go, its refreshing after all the PC UK stuff. Hopefully this will be the end of it?
As for the father's day thing - how ridiculous, whenever we made cards at school we were always sensitive to the kids in our class without a dad, they usually made a card for Grandad, Uncle or just for Mum. Most kids have Dad on the scene, even if he's absent.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:29 am

They say in the article that there is no place in State schools for christianity................I always thought State Schools had a mix of religions in them...I know mine has, and I dont complain when they talk about all the different religions in school.

The town had been abuzz with the story and I am sure there will b loads of messages to the editor in the local rag, so I will keep you posted.

IMO the head teacher should not have apologised as there was nothing to apologise for. I checked my kids newsletter and it said CHRISTMAS Holiday, CHRISTMAS Tree, CHRISTMAS concert, CHRISTMAS dinner and CHRISTMAS carols all on the front page FFS somebody fone the police. It also said SNOWMAN OMG!!!! I am going to write to the school and tell them it should have been SNOWPERSON....mind u it did have a picture of the sed SNOWPERSON who had a crackin pair ov hairy baws
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
There's a serious point here: why on earth have we got into this PC position when it's only a tiny minority of (IMO fruitcases) who push it? The vast majority treat the whole PC thing with contempt - yet we still talk about these ridiculous incidents as if everyone agrees with it!
One couple who live in Yeppoon QLD, have the whole world talking about them, and all because the School Head actually apologised to them for using the words "Christmas", 10 times in three newsletters during one week.

It seems that no-one agrees with the School Head.
Stunned community and church leaders, teachers, parents and family groups insisted that Ms Allen need not have apologised. Even Premier Peter Beattie has said that school principals should be free to discuss Christmas at will.

I trust that Mr and Mrs Paul & Melanie Jowsey's children do not have "Christmas Holidays", as they dislike Christmas so much.

If anyone wants to send them a Christmas card, they can find their address via Google search term: Paul and Melanie Jowsey

Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
One couple who live in Yeppoon QLD, have the whole world talking about them, and all because the School Head actually apologised to them for using the words "Christmas", 10 times in three newsletters during one week.

It seems that no-one agrees with the School Head.
Stunned community and church leaders, teachers, parents and family groups insisted that Ms Allen need not have apologised. Even Premier Peter Beattie has said that school principals should be free to discuss Christmas at will.

I trust that Mr and Mrs Paul & Melanie Jowsey's children do not have "Christmas Holidays", as they dislike Christmas so much.

If anyone wants to send them a Christmas card, they can find their address via Google search term: Paul and Melanie Jowsey
lol now that would b funny..loads and loads of chrissy cards lol
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by biggy
lol now that would b funny..loads and loads of chrissy cards lol

We could do an equivilant to the "We're not Afraid" site...but instead put "We're not Sorry!" and everyone send loads of Christmas greetings to this couple all with "We're not Sorry" in the picture hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.