Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place down under

A place down under

Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A place down under

Originally Posted by paulf
I think the Skeggs were the best family shown, glad things worked out for them.
Have to speak to my mate for an update,I must admit for what ever reasons the other's went... the skeggs just made me laugh
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

When my wife and I watched the shows we thought the same and instantly condemned the Russell Family. I have read the post by Rachel and I think she and her family were manipulated. Just remember the show makes money if it's exiting and the program makers are not concerned with peoples feelings.

The posting can be found here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...l&pagenumber=9

I wish all the victims on the show all the best.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:25 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie brown
When my wife and I watched the shows we thought the same and instantly condemned the Russell Family. I have read the post by Rachel and I think she and her family were manipulated. Just remember the show makes money if it's exiting and the program makers are not concerned with peoples feelings.

The posting can be found here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...l&pagenumber=9

I wish all the victims on the show all the best.
Hey CB hows the tra coming?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hey CB hows the tra coming?
SLOOOOW. I am waiting for a reference regarding work experience and also a couple of certificates. I have completed the Stat Dec and the agent seems happy with it.

I have emailed and tried phoning the person regarding the reference but I seem to be getting nowhere fast. Emails are ignored and the person is out when I phone. I'm thinking of asking the agent if I can go with what I've got.

CB's hubby.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
The new programme is on the 22nd July on Channel 4 at 8pm - it is a one off programme catching up with what the families have been doing over the last 18 months.
Hi All

I saw this too on another thread, however, I may be wrong but I am sure someone got this info from channel 4's website, which was July 2004 programme schedule.....I remember sitting down to watch and as already mentioned there was only a small amount of new footage!

Hope I am wrong and there is a new programme, so fed up with watching these repeats just to get a 'fix'!

Nikki
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:48 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie brown
SLOOOOW. I am waiting for a reference regarding work experience and also a couple of certificates. I have completed the Stat Dec and the agent seems happy with it.

I have emailed and tried phoning the person regarding the reference but I seem to be getting nowhere fast. Emails are ignored and the person is out when I phone. I'm thinking of asking the agent if I can go with what I've got.

CB's hubby.
nightmare ! Keep at it mate. hope the bits i sent were of use.
Maybe go see them?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:49 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Actually the woman posted on here a while ago and it would seem that there was some "creative editing" and the guy was not quite as nice and pure as he would seem. Don`t be too quick to judge when you are not in that persons shoes.
Think this may be the thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...l&pagenumber=9

D D
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:58 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Why because of a couple of narrow minded idiots
That's all it took for poor Go Bananas
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:07 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
A mate of mine at work has a brother in law in Perth, just around the corner from the skeggs and they take there video's of pre recorded "Eastenders"for them to watch,he says they are ok.... not as bad as the programme made out to be..so if your out there the "Skeggs"...Talk to us
Did they get their house built in the end, and do you know what suburb it was in? Was it Joondalup?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Did they get their house built in the end, and do you know what suburb it was in? Was it Joondalup?
really dont know but will find out,never know if we can get out to Perth we might live next door to them
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Steve2438
really dont know but will find out,never know if we can get out to Perth we might live next door to them
Perth is a lovely place. We were there 6 weeks ago. We met up with friends who live right near Joondalup, that's why I asked.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
The new programme is on the 22nd July on Channel 4 at 8pm - it is a one off programme catching up with what the families have been doing over the last 18 months.
Where did you see this info cox? Are you sure it wasn't the one they showed last year?

That was called 'A new life down under: 1 year on' and it was shown on July 22nd of last year. I only know the date as I recorded it on DVD.....

Hope they do another one tho, as a new programme would be noice different and un-ewes-yewl
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:29 pm
Merlot

Question Re: A place down under

These shows have got out of control, I sit at work each day with people saying I am nuts for leaving Oz and coming back, that their life is terrible and that they want better, but they don't know what they really want - if that makes sense

Our bodies and minds are too bombarded with "a better life", we don't seem to live in the now anymore and always want more, but when you get better or more, what do you do next?

Sorry to sound a bit out there but "When do we really start living THAT dream"?

M

Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:41 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya merlot,
have to say i agree with you.
think it all boils down to the way society is made to think these days - the grass is always is greener if you have ##### in your life - you just have to look at the way advertising goes these days! we live in a disposable society, where everything, including morals and every day life, can be just chucked aside for something better.
its a scary world to bring kids into, thats for sure - and not just from a drugs/crime point of view!!

sue
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:45 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya merlot,
have to say i agree with you.
think it all boils down to the way society is made to think these days - the grass is always is greener if you have ##### in your life - you just have to look at the way advertising goes these days! we live in a disposable society, where everything, including morals and every day life, can be just chucked aside for something better.
its a scary world to bring kids into, thats for sure - and not just from a drugs/crime point of view!!

sue
What I get from work is everyone seems to have everything, the nice 6 bed house in Ingleby Barwick with low mortgage and lots of equity, cars paid, couple of holidays a year YET they don't know what to do with the rest of their lives.

Many want to do something because they feel they have to, they don't want to be settled with their lot and but don't seem to enjoy anything. Seems so strange.

I am probably more skint now than I have ever been but finding that I get more enjoyment from simpler things and don't give a damn what others think, the Joneses can keep their life.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.