Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth....suburbs to avoid???

perth....suburbs to avoid???

Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

sharona will become famous soon enough
Default Re: perth....suburbs to avoid???

just out of interest, i live in kalamunda and its not a rough area at all , quite posh really, more of a village feel than some suburbs, in the hills lots of facilities, very expensive though to rent .. good for shops and getting to places , maybe a bit sleepy, has markets every month crafts and farmers, lovely parks, stunning views from the hills over the city, near the orchards and winery's.. good schools state and private..

Midland is one i would avoid.. personally.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

Have to agree Midland has a lot of slum like areas ,i work down there sometimes and always fear for my van getting broken into, a lot of homewest housing down there i think.Plus Merriwa up near butler when they built the estate years ago they said only 5% would be homewest housing ,ended up being more like 25%,so always check how many homes in a new estate are earmarked for council housing
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I recently visited Cannington to view some rental homes and found it looked like parts of it had been bombed in the last world war. The realestate photos showed new or near new homes which were correct but the homes either side are older and rather rough looking. One street had tyre doughnut tracks and two cars hooned past me. Parts of Bentley border with Cannington but I have yet to venture back that way.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 9:39 pm
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Interesting Thread
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's not snobby to deride chavs and some undesirable 'English'. (Imports).

It's important that these groups are euthanised as humanely as possible.