Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth....suburbs to avoid???

perth....suburbs to avoid???

Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the rough
Default perth....suburbs to avoid???

hi guys, i am researching researching and researching suburbs in perth for me and my son to move to. I have found many suburbs that read well just wanted to know if there are any suburbs that i should try and avoid? thanks x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth....suburbs to avoid???

personally

there are suburbs i would't live in - but others love - and there are suburbs that others hate and i love -

you have to think what is important to you = is the beach important ? having good shopping important - is having good transport important - if you dont drive - do you want a new build house or are you happy with an older house?

is living with expats important ? or do you want to live in a suburb that is mainly aussie ?

there are many who love the north burbs and hate the south burbs - clarkson v's secret habour for example and some who hate the north bubs but love the south

but there is a huge area inbetween these bubs which for many expats they love and live very happy in
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the rough

i will be renting a place preferably north of the river as will be working in nedlands. Im not bothered about being near the beach as I will be buying a car. I just want a place where my 10yr old can play out with other kids and maybe somewhere i can go for a flat white on my day off. I dont want to be too far out in the sticks as i think i would be even more lonely than i am expecting to be. are there any "rough" areas where its not safe to let your kids out? Like here in the uk!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest - it depends on how much you want to spend on rent

do you want a house or a flat ? subiaco is nice in fact lovely - but it will cost you to live there - but it does have a lovely feel about it and its close to perth cbd

if i was hip and happening girl i would live in subi or freo
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

i would be happy with a flat, looking about 350 a week so will have a look and see if i can afford subiaco.......wembley looks good too and how about shenton park? I loved freo when i went but imagined it to be very expensive! maybe worth a look though. thanks x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Hello, The following suburbs are nice and have good schools. I did a quick search on realestate.com.au and plenty in your price range Nedlands, churchlands, Cottesloe, Crawley, Mosman Park.
Hope this helps.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hannah1202
i will be renting a place preferably north of the river as will be working in nedlands. Im not bothered about being near the beach as I will be buying a car. I just want a place where my 10yr old can play out with other kids and maybe somewhere i can go for a flat white on my day off. I dont want to be too far out in the sticks as i think i would be even more lonely than i am expecting to be. are there any "rough" areas where its not safe to let your kids out? Like here in the uk!
an honest answer is yes,parts of perth are a shithole.I was in Nedlands yesterday it is a very nice area,but very pricey.Do your reasearch wisely as everyone's got a different opinion.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

All of them
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Dan_and_Rach is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jsvk
Hello, The following suburbs are nice and have good schools. I did a quick search on realestate.com.au and plenty in your price range Nedlands, churchlands, Cottesloe, Crawley, Mosman Park.
Hope this helps.

You will be lucky to find somewhere "nice" to live in any of the above suburbs if you are paying $350.

We were living in Nedlands, but if you want a nice modern, clean place, you will have to move further from the city, especially away from the western suburbs that are listed there.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure but heard that the area Renth lives is a 'bloody dump!'
Riots,murders every night!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Not sure but heard that the area Renth lives is a 'bloody dump!'
Riots,murders every night!
Charming.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Renth, couldnt resist.
Personally think you liven the expats forum up.

Gems
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Sorry Renth, couldnt resist.
Personally think you liven the expats forum up.

Gems
Thanks, much as I'm tempted to list some of the dodgy suburbs here there's no point as people get too upset.

OK, I will then - Lockridge, Mirabooka, Giraween, Koondoola, Balga to name but a few. There the ones to DEFINITELY avoid, probably a few more I can't remember.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:30 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Thanks, much as I'm tempted to list some of the dodgy suburbs here there's no point as people get too upset.

OK, I will then - Lockridge, Mirabooka, Giraween, Koondoola, Balga to name but a few. There the ones to DEFINITELY avoid, probably a few more I can't remember.

Thornlie, Maddington, Gosnells.....
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:46 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

stay away from peppermint grove whatever you do!!!!!!!!!!ooohhhwwwwwwww

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.