Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth....suburbs to avoid???

perth....suburbs to avoid???

Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:54 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth....suburbs to avoid???

Kalamunda..... thats really crap you don't want to even consider moving there!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:58 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

lesturdies not to bad?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hannah1202
hi guys, i am researching researching and researching suburbs in perth for me and my son to move to. I have found many suburbs that read well just wanted to know if there are any suburbs that i should try and avoid? thanks x
Avoid KGB (Koondoola, Girrawheen and Balga).
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
There the ones to DEFINITELY avoid, probably a few more I can't remember.
Come on Renth...get yer grammer correct, it's they're not there
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

I heard Butler is going to have social housing and have the railway and mitchell freeway extended??

I also heard Joondalup is dodgy-however I'm not to far away and its not that bad-no worse then SW LOndon!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flossie22
I heard Butler is going to have social housing and have the railway and mitchell freeway extended??

I also heard Joondalup is dodgy-however I'm not to far away and its not that bad-no worse then SW LOndon!!!!
Every new suburb that is being developed has got to provide a % for social housing,
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Barkers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Come on Renth...get yer grammer correct, it's they're not there
If we're being pedantic, it's grammar!

I'll get me coat.........
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are looking around the rockingham area. port kennedy and so on. are they good for schools and shopping. dont want too move to any dodgy area. can you advise.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the rough

wow thanks guys, its definately given me food for thought . any more comments of good or bad areas are always welcome x
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannah1202
wow thanks guys, its definately given me food for thought . any more comments of good or bad areas are always welcome x
Iluka is really nice

I think Ellenbrook/Aveley look like a great place to live, quite affordable, and in the Swan Valley which is nice
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

emylou78 is an unknown quantity at this point

well we have been here 18 months now and lived in 3 different areas in my opinion children just dont play out like they do in the UK, my 9 year old has found this very difficult to adjust to as she was used to playing with a group of friends and only coming home for food and drinks !
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emylou78
well we have been here 18 months now and lived in 3 different areas in my opinion children just dont play out like they do in the UK, my 9 year old has found this very difficult to adjust to as she was used to playing with a group of friends and only coming home for food and drinks !
Does your daughter not invite anyone around to play and then go out. I find it is because kids seem to do a lot of after school activities. We have swimming, drama, clarinet, keyboard as well as homework etc. There doesn't seem to be anytime to play out during the week.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:57 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emylou78
They do in my street, loads of kids mucking about and having fun. We're lucky to live in a cul-de-sac with lots of families with kids of a similar age.

Plenty of impromptu street parties/barbies with the grownups too.

We're very lucky.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

They do in my street, loads of kids mucking about and having fun. We're lucky to live in a cul-de-sac with lots of families with kids of a similar age.

We're very lucky.
they do on my cul- de - sac there are 4 families who live next door to each other on different sides of the rd who play together - oldest is 9 the youngest is 2

there are 5 boys and 2 girls - they all play together - on their bikes etc play in each others gardens - houses - families get on great i am very lucky that i live on my rd -

when i was ill a few weeks ago - hubby was with me at the hospital - and neighbours looked after my chimps for us - fed them - cleaned my house for me - did all my washing - my family was well looked after - and no one was asked to help they did it all on their own backs -

when i said thank you and sent the girls flowers they replied - its what neighbours do for each other - and you would have done the same for us with out being asked

even my next door neighbour who doesn't have kids( or really like them ) - took master/miss hitch for the afternoon - because my other neighbour had to go out and get stuff for tea - my neighbour - had them for the whole afternoon - when my other neighbour came back and tried to collect the kids - other neighbour said that she was having such fun that she would have them for the whole afternoon - and drop them back after she had given them their tea !

she has since said master/miss hitch are so well behaved - well manned little children and a huge credit to me and mr hitch

i am blessed with my street - and i cant tell you how thankful i am for having such fab neighbours when i was so sick - i think it def help mr hitch as he was so worried about me - and he did feel torn between being with the kids and coming to the hospital and being with me

my street is the BEST street in wa and i have the best neighbours x
i have now stoped my gushing
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We're very lucky.
Very similar to where I live. My son is only 5, so still a bit young to play in the street but the kids from across the street are always in our pool and Josh is always over there on their trampoline.

I love to see/hear kids playing and having fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.