Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default Re: OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

Originally Posted by chippy dave
It looks like there are two meets being planned we are going to the one off the m6.You are more than welcome.
dave

Cheers Dave, hopefully see you there then
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

It looks like there are two meets being planned we are going to the one off the m6.You are more than welcome.
dave
It will be the Salt cellar meet for us.

Hey it sounds very promising with your viewers Dave, you've been waiting for ages sell your house so its about time you had a bit of good news, lets hope we've both got some good news to share by next wks meet.

So hard to keep your chin up at times though isn't it.

All this for a new life eh, it better be worth it i tell you.

Fingers crossed.

Paula.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:12 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Can you please let me know if you will be going to the meet at Middlewich or Saddleworth. I cannot make it to S'worth so will be at Middlewich as originall planned.

I don't mind if some of you wish to go to S'worth.

Ang
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi all,
We are still fairly new to the site and dont have the time to come on as often as we would like (due to baby!), but thinking of joining your meeting on the 30th, if you dont mind??

Will it be in the Saddleworth area or off the m6 as you originally planned? We live in Wigan so Middlewich would be be better for us, but dont really mind.

Is anyone else heading to the Gold Coast? We are hoping to be there for January but depnds on the house....
hi dh1905

we are thinking of attending the m6 meet if you don't mind. it will be our first time and we are looking forward to meeting other people who don't mind how much we talk about oz. we come from wigan, hoping to settle in the wollongong/shell harbour area, but it does depend where the work is. see you soon.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
hi dh1905

we are thinking of attending the m6 meet if you don't mind. it will be our first time and we are looking forward to meeting other people who don't mind how much we talk about oz. we come from wigan, hoping to settle in the wollongong/shell harbour area, but it does depend where the work is. see you soon.

Hi There,
Our first meeting too, so we'll be in the same boat, look forward to seeing you there then
Donna
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi you newbies

When you get to the Salt Cellar if you go in and from the bar turn right and through like an archway we will be gathered in there somewhere. you will know its us I will bring my koala bear.

See you Saturday

Ang
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi you newbies

When you get to the Salt Cellar if you go in and from the bar turn right and through like an archway we will be gathered in there somewhere. you will know its us I will bring my koala bear.

See you Saturday

Ang

Cheers Angie, we are looking forward to it, will look out for koala!
Donna
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:28 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, can we come too. Was going to go to O.e. seminar, but i think ive burnt my bridges now with them and if anyone wants 2 free tickets they are more than welcome.

Just pm me your address and ill send them(be quick though!) . I got a pm off someone saying that they had been to one in scotland organised by them and that it was rubbish, and that the person had found out more on this site about removals and money laundering(exchange rates anyway).

Would be great to met you all as we are off in feb 06 and validating in november, and any good excuse for a beer too.

There is me(alan) and clare my fiance, we are off to brisbane area(find this out in november exactly where), we have no kids till we get there and im a barber. Thatll do for now until we meet otherwise we ay as well not come!

Hope theres room.

al
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:09 am
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Hi everyone, can we come too. Was going to go to O.e. seminar, but i think ive burnt my bridges now with them and if anyone wants 2 free tickets they are more than welcome.

Just pm me your address and ill send them(be quick though!) . I got a pm off someone saying that they had been to one in scotland organised by them and that it was rubbish, and that the person had found out more on this site about removals and money laundering(exchange rates anyway).

Would be great to met you all as we are off in feb 06 and validating in november, and any good excuse for a beer too.

There is me(alan) and clare my fiance, we are off to brisbane area(find this out in november exactly where), we have no kids till we get there and im a barber. Thatll do for now until we meet otherwise we ay as well not come!

Hope theres room.

al
same as us, we are back on to the meet in middlewich, really looking forward to it, is it 4 pm? see you there x loidy
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: OK Lets do it then North West Meet 30th July

Hi you newbies

See you Saturday

Ang
hi all
is the northwest meet at the salt cellar or the m6, if its at the salt cellar we will need directions, we will be travelling from wigan on the m6 which junction do we come off at. we will be bringing the kids, ages are boy 10 and girl 8, see you all there

thanx Lol
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hey Paula come on girl don,t cry you keep your chin up.You,ve come this far and there is light at the end of tunnel,we will both be starting our new lives soon enough
I can remember when i first exchanged a few posts with you in the immi forum and you were so keen to get hold of the visa,that seems ages ago dos,nt it.Waiting for the visa is nothing as compared to selling houses eh?
As for us well no visa yet,no worries it,s only been 18 months
Now the house sale that may be better news.The second viewing went well they really liked it there was no doubt about that.I got the feedback early this week and they said they really like it and it,s the property for them.We like you would have the dream chain they are going to rent there house out so it,s them and us.Our estate agent said he has got to have some sort of survey by the company who is going to rent it out for them then he is going to make an offer.Also it turns out sam is friends with a lady from school who is related through marriage to the family who want ours.When sam met her in the week she said they love our house and they will have it for sure.
So lets see what happens in the week assuming he gets his house sorted for renting and IF he makes an offer i,m happy with, i,m already selling a bargain for the area and i won,t be pushed to far.

I hope it goes well for you Paula this house selling is awful when you,ve so much to look forward to and you stay strong .

dave
ps.looking forward to seeing peter and yourself again next week
That's fantastic news Dave they sound really promising, its really hard not to get to excited when people say they really like your house especially when you and i know they are getting it at a good price, cause we've all had to reduce the dame things to try to sell them in todays market.

Lets hope we've got some good news to share next week,

What's the hold up with your Visa?

See you soon, Paula.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi Paula,
If we can get a babysitter for the baby then we are definitely going to come, just a bit nervous about meeting a room full of strangers but I better get used to it I suposse!!

We got our visa a couple of weeks ago, and have had no offers on house as yet, we want to be on the Gold Coast in January- going to have one last xmas here we think. Good luck with your second viewing, hope they make an offer, I am so cheeesed off with tidying up for the bloody viewers and then nothing coming of it!! You can bet the one time I dont make an effort and the place is like a tip the viewer will bloody love it!!

I have an auntie and uncle over there but thats it, we arent very close to them but are hoping they willhelp us in the first few weeks, but apart from them we are all alone... Do you have kids?
Donna
Hi Donna,

No need to be nervous next week everyone is really friendly, though i remember feeling a bit nervous myself on our 1st visit.

Yes we have two children Simon13yrs and Emily-Rose 5yrs. and they come to the meet too.

Paula.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can you please let me know if you will be going to the meet at Middlewich or Saddleworth. I cannot make it to S'worth so will be at Middlewich as originall planned.

I don't mind if some of you wish to go to S'worth.

Ang
Hi Ang, we will be going to the same one as you, the originall Middlewich salt cellar.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
hi all
is the northwest meet at the salt cellar or the m6, if its at the salt cellar we will need directions, we will be travelling from wigan on the m6 which junction do we come off at. we will be bringing the kids, ages are boy 10 and girl 8, see you all there

thanx Lol

Hi lol,

Come down the m6 come off at j18.go right at the roundabout at the top of the slip road.Keep on that main road for no more than 1 mile and if you keep looking on your left you will see the salt cellar,i think it,s at a roundabout maybe someone else can confirm that.

dave
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cantwait
What's the hold up with your Visa?
When we were at the last stage we had to have the girls identified again by the panel doc he cocked it up the first time round.So with that i suppose we were back in the queue.I,ve seen a thread on the immi forum today of a guy who has,nt got his from feb 04.On the thread some guy said he has just got his and he was a jan 04 applicant.So who knows i spoke to our agent last week and he said maybe upto 6 weeks,i hope not i just want some closure on the visa wait

How did the second viewing go?

dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.