Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by kellyjs
I dont hate anything about Oz ..just my street. My neighbours are all unfriendly old baxstards. I can;t wait to move when the when our 6 month rental is up in 4 months 1 week 3 days
You must be in the Bloomfield, Princess, Passage, Middle St paddock then.

Yes, many arrived before the First Fleet and have yet to progress.

WW
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
You must be in the Bloomfield, Princess, Passage, Middle St paddock then.

Yes, many arrived before the First Fleet and have yet to progress.

WW
ye almost...at the back of the police station in Taylor. Little ratlley house surrounded by beasties and creepy crawlies...and not one single nice neighbour that says hello! I even said hi to one the other day and they gave me a dirty look!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

ye almost...at the back of the police station in Taylor. Little ratlley house surrounded by beasties and creepy crawlies...and not one single nice neighbour that says hello! I even said hi to one the other day and they gave me a dirty look!
Cloza to ze Black Swamp haahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa.

After a minimum 50 years there, you become a local. They probably resent the rental in the street and the turn over of occupants. At least it is convenient to the shops.

Little Athletics up at the high school should have started if you want to tire out some bodies on a Saturday.

WW
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Cloza to ze Black Swamp haahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa.

After a minimum 50 years there, you become a local. They probably resent the rental in the street and the turn over of occupants. At least it is convenient to the shops.

Little Athletics up at the high school should have started if you want to tire out some bodies on a Saturday.

WW
god after 50 years?????????? why the fuxk didn't we stay in the UK and move to the country then I wonder? Ok good weather here but thats about the only thing to look forward to My eldest is at the high school and just getting to make friends after 3 weeks bless her. Where are you then?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

god after 50 years?????????? why the fuxk didn't we stay in the UK and move to the country then I wonder? Ok good weather here but thats about the only thing to look forward to My eldest is at the high school and just getting to make friends after 3 weeks bless her. Where are you then?
The Redlands used to be a little insular with the old farming family connections which is why it used to take 50 years to be considered a 'local' .

Its not as bad as it used to be since the Redlands has grown somewhat.

You'll be fine there. Just find something more permanent 9and the neighbour attitudes should be quite different.

It wasnt all that long ago that Brisbane considered the Redlands to be undesirable due to the mosquitoes and any other excuse that could be thought of.

We are just a few K's up the road in Cairns

WW
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I fell in love with that bit.Kuranda, Mossman, Cape Trib...the only reason we decided here was because the girls are in their teens and need a bit more around them. In a couple of years I'll be off up t'north
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasG
I'll look out for some English person, with a face like a smacked arse...with bits of people and bike sticking out of her car ....then I'll know who it is..

I live near Beach road....and she's talking absolute tosh
Havent replied to this earlier as I haven't been on here much over the past few days, but thought that I should respond as I'm being told I talk tosh....

I suppose that the Bicycle Victoria website talks tosh also:

"Meanwhile Beach Rd, Australia's premier cycling training route, carries more than 7,000 cyclists each weekend. Many ride singularly or in groups of up to five or six, although there are also packs that number over 150 riders. Before 10.30am each weekend there are more bicycles than motor vehicles passing Black Rock on Beach Rd."

The thing is, Beach Rd actually covers a considerably longer stretch than from the Elsternwick area.

The Age: “This is by far the most popular bike route on any weekend, hosting between 2000 and 2500 cyclists on an average Saturday or Sunday in summer. But the route, and especially Beach Road, is also an important commuter link to the city. On summer weekdays, the Bay Trail - both the on-road and off-road elements - will carry as many as 1500 cyclists.”

Tosh?

"An elderly man has died in hospital after being struck by a cyclist in Melbourne's south on the weekend. The 77-year-old Mentone man was crossing Beach Road at a traffic light near the intersection of Naples Road in Mentone at 8.30am on Saturday. At the time, the "Hell Ride" - a weekly communal ride involving cyclists in groups of 100 or more - was taking place along Beach Road."

More tosh?

Bayside Leader last week reported that residents and councils are calling for a ban on all un-organised cycling races because of the problems that people are experiencing.

Lots of tosh going on around here?

Personally I don't give a fig where they are or what they do – there are far more important things to worry about in this world and I've certainly nothing against cyclists - I simply made a light hearted remark that I (personally) was sick of looking at lycra arses when I’d just had my brekkie, and that there are lots of them on Beach Rd – which there are.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Folks on this thread...try an avoid telling stories PLEASE........take it elsewhere....just post a few words on what you don't like, that's all we need to know. If you want to converse with someone, use another thread.

Anyway, one thing we noticed we don't like.......

why is it that some/a lot of Australian men look like they need a damn good wash and decent haircut?

Must be the barefoot shopping expeditions attracting grime further up the body...........

PS.........Is this why hairdresers are on the MODL ?
I think again it depends on where you go, I think alot of men in UK need a good wash, grow some hair and don't look like thugs and throw those football shirts away....Is it me or are British men so unsexy.... Give me Italian or Spanish men anytime, at least they know how to dress.

Sits and gets the bullet proof vest out, and popcorn.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Should anything be read into the fact that the official what I don't like thread has 4 times the number of replies and views to the official what I do like thread (which seems to have died a death)??

OzTennis
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:28 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Should anything be read into the fact that the official what I don't like thread has 4 times the number of replies and views to the official what I do like thread (which seems to have died a death)??

OzTennis

I think that the happier you are the less likely you are to post on the 'do like' thread.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:43 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I think that the happier you are the less likely you are to post on the 'do like' thread.
Thanks one way of looking at it. Could maybe mean theres far more to moan about than be glad about. Then again could be all the protesting that goes on when someone says something bad about the place. I personally think we are more articulate.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:45 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Thanks one way of looking at it. Could maybe mean theres far more to moan about than be glad about. Then again could be all the protesting that goes on when someone says something bad about the place. I personally think we are more articulate.
How's the alpacas?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:51 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

The speed at which your money devalues here
The daft amount of time it takes to become a citizen
You can pay taxes but you can't vote.

All true in the UK too mate.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:53 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely not. Most of the "posts" on this thread are nonsensical or just people bantering back and forth.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Personally, I would have made sure that I put an apostrophe in there's before I started bragging about how articulate I was but there you go, there's no accounting for some folk!

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.