Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 24th 2006, 7:08 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Oh this thread makes me LOL Just think about my, have to say i love it, job where i help bring new Aussies into the world to carry on the afore mentioned 'traditions' and views. Thankfully quite a few are from the northern hemisphere, aboriginal, TSI or Pacific Islands so there is hope for us all. Love confusing them when i'm called a POM as i was born in Persia but have an English accent

Oh yes.. the i'm so hard done by attitude but i 'spose that's global at times,
Cheap cars bodykitted to high heaven and then can't go over speed bumps - sorry but we can still see the cheap nasty car underneath despite the HUGE exhaust,
crocs invading beaches (Townsville) &
Mozzies that give you Dengue, Ross River etc

Otherwise i love the differences as it makes me remember that i'm here and not back in London...
Old Oct 24th 2006, 7:41 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by busterboy
How's the alpacas?
Perhaps you mean "How are the alpacas?"
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Thats life and it was late.
That's life!

OzTennis
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, they don't get much bigger than our move to Australia.
Did you actually do any research before you brought a farm in the middle of nowwhere and probably an area full of inbreds?

Maybe if you had brought somewhere else where the natives were much better you may have had a better experience. There were areas that I wouldn't have wanted to go and live in Australia, but saying that there are a few areas in UK that have areas of inbreds as well.....Evesham and Kidderminster come to mind and parts of Hereford. I'm sure there a few more.. Also in some parts of USA, I met a few in Florida. I suppose every country has them and you found yours.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:38 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie media who bombard us with the "Australia is the best place to live" and "Australians are the best at everything" and "It's only good if it's Australian" rubbish. It's so annoying and childish. Must say that the Aussies I've met so far, don't seem like that.

Poor choice in supermarkets, newspapers, magazines, compared to home
Rubbish TV & childish presenters
OTT shop assistants with plastic smiles
Bag searches in shops
Having to wear a cycle helmet
Not being able to take my dogs on the beach in summer
Poor street lighting in suburbs - I need my torch when walking my mutts at night
Decent local watering hole
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:40 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=LouiseD]Aussie media who bombard us with the "Australia is the best place to live" and "Australians are the best at everything" and "It's only good if it's Australian" rubbish. It's so annoying and childish. Must say that the Aussies I've met so far, don't seem like that.

erm, aren't there 1 or 2 on here that are a tad like that?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:52 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Cycle helmets are now compulsory in Australia , New Zealand, Spain, Canada (aged under 18) and twenty states in the USA.

The British Medical Association's Board of Science and Education adopted a position calling on the UK government to introduce cycle helmet legislation.

The World Health Organization is in favour of helmet use and promotion and compulsion laws.

Sounds like a good thing to me.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fnord
Cycle helmets are now compulsory in Australia , New Zealand, Spain, Canada (aged under 18) and twenty states in the USA.

The British Medical Association's Board of Science and Education adopted a position calling on the UK government to introduce cycle helmet legislation.

The World Health Organization is in favour of helmet use and promotion and compulsion laws.

Sounds like a good thing to me.
Surreal that someone wouldn't want to prevent themselves or kids getting life ending brain injuries through non wearing of cycle helmets. The UK is way behind on this, and as a result, have a high percentage of brain related injury in children each year.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:39 pm

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Surreal that someone wouldn't want to prevent themselves or kids getting life ending brain injuries through non wearing of cycle helmets. The UK is way behind on this, and as a result, have a high percentage of brain related injury in children each year.
But it flattens my nice hair do that I've just paid 200 bucks for!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:41 pm

[QUOTE=Del Boy]
Aussie media who bombard us with the "Australia is the best place to live" and "Australians are the best at everything" and "It's only good if it's Australian" rubbish. It's so annoying and childish. Must say that the Aussies I've met so far, don't seem like that.

erm, aren't there 1 or 2 on here that are a tad like that?
Few more than that I think
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Poor choice in supermarkets, newspapers, magazines, compared to home
Rubbish TV & childish presenters
OTT shop assistants with plastic smiles
Bag searches in shops
Not being able to take my dogs on the beach in summer
Poor street lighting in suburbs - I need my torch when walking my mutts at night
Decent local watering hole
Well the cycle helmet one has been answered. Do you really think people want to swim and walk on the sand after a dog has pooed or peed on it. Not to mention kids playing in the sand and putting their fingers in their mouth.

Rubbish TV also applies to UK. Do people still read newspapers I get all my news on line.

I think poor street lighting is everywhere, I eat plenty of carrots so I can walk my dogs and my night vision is good.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

But it flattens my nice hair do that I've just paid 200 bucks for!
I guess you don't go very fast on your bike then
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:14 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Perhaps you mean "How are the alpacas?"

Knickers in bunch....

Momentary lack of grammar!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Well it's in the back of beyond, about 20k north of the land that time forgot and about 10k west of nowhere special. 40 minutes south of a massive old folks home. In a pusstule on the ass of the earth. So basically nowhere in particular worth shouting about. Wanna buy a farm?

1st time in ages I've laughed so much. I've just snotted on the screen!!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:23 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
1st time in ages I've laughed so much. I've just snotted on the screen!!
Yuck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.