Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:07 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Personally, I would have made sure that I put an apostrophe in there's before I started bragging about how articulate I was but there you go, there's no accounting for some folk!

OzTennis
...doesn't that always happen!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver
The speed at which your money devalues here
The daft amount of time it takes to become a citizen
You can pay taxes but you can't vote.

All true in the UK too mate.
I think they should make it harder to become a citizen. It should be take at least 5 years in that way they won't have so many Brits using it as a fallback should they decide after all that UK isn't what they want. Maybe those ping pongers shouldn't be allowed back in once they pack up and go back to blighty.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:29 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

I think they should make it harder to become a citizen. It should be take at least 5 years in that way they won't have so many Brits using it as a fallback should they decide after all that UK isn't what they want. Maybe those ping pongers shouldn't be allowed back in once they pack up and go back to blighty.

= I totally agree. There are too many people in Oz already considering that a lot of the country is a desert. I like immigrants though, they are usually vibrant, forward thinking go-getters (minus a few whingers who are always on the look-out for irritants) and Oz needs them. People who migrate and can become citizens after 2 years of PR are really lucky, they then have 2 passports which enable them to work in Oz, NZ or anywhere in Europe.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:34 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver

= I totally agree. There are too many people in Oz already considering that a lot of the country is a desert. I like immigrants though, they are usually vibrant, forward thinking go-getters (minus a few whingers who are always on the look-out for irritants) and Oz needs them. People who migrate and can become citizens after 2 years of PR are really lucky, they then have 2 passports which enable them to work in Oz, NZ or anywhere in Europe.
One thing that has always concerned me is the number of people who become citizens and then leave....how many citizens are out of the country and how would the country's infrastructure cope if they all came back en masse?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Did you know that there are 4 countries in Europe that drive on the left?

????
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:29 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
????
UK,Cyprus,Ireland and Malta
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
UK,Cyprus,Ireland and Malta

All of Cyprus? And wasn't the UK being discussed anyway?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:51 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Personally, I would have made sure that I put an apostrophe in there's before I started bragging about how articulate I was but there you go, there's no accounting for some folk!

OzTennis
Thats life and it was late.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:52 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by arkon
Thats life and it was late.

Did you make another mistake?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:19 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Did you make another mistake?
Probably but I dont care anymore. If people just want to pick up on small things like that to make them feel bigger than I'm doing a service. Besides I was wrong anyway, articulate means "To speak clearly and distinctly". Not really to do with writing.

Back on topic.......

Bag checks on the way out of shops
The way when you try to get answers from people performing a 'service' they tell you to go and look on the website! Each time I ask a question of either RTA,Centerlink,Medicare or nearly all other gov organisations I get told to go find the answer myself on the website.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:21 am
Straw Man.

Probably but I dont care anymore. If people just want to pick up on small things like that to make them feel bigger than I'm doing a service. Besides I was wrong anyway, articulate means "To speak clearly and distinctly". Not really to do with writing.

Back on topic.......

Bag checks on the way out of shops
The way when you try to get answers from people performing a 'service' they tell you to go and look on the website! Each time I ask a question of either RTA,Centerlink,Medicare or nearly all other gov organisations I get told to go find the answer myself on the website.

Just wondered cos its not like you to make a mistake is it!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:22 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by busterboy
How's the alpacas?
T'h'e' a'l'p'a'c'a's' a' f'i'n'e' b'ut' a' b'i't' h'o't' n'o'w' a'n'd' n'e'e'd' s'h'e'e'r'i'n'g'.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:22 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Just wondered cos its not like you to make a mistake is it!
I don't know, they don't get much bigger than our move to Australia.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:25 am
Straw Man.

T'h'e' a'l'p'a'c'a's' a' f'i'n'e' b'ut' a' b'i't' h'o't' n'o'w' a'n'd' n'e'e'd' s'h'e'e'r'i'n'g'.

Shearing. Its an "A" And you will be glad to hear that the OZ government have ruled that the practise of Mulesing is to be banned.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Banks,shitting shopping on the net,shop assistance lookingin my bag and bieng hounded by shop assistant when browsing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.