Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:23 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by busterboy
that is one dumbed assed looking creature...and then there is the Alpaca!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to busterboy again.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:47 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

No karma....and to think you haven't give me one in ages
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

No karma....and to think you haven't give me one in ages
Hey, I tried!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
In Melbourne? Seemed fine when I was there the other week. I guess you don't go into the city and it can be quieter further out. Saying that though, I'm 'further out' and it's jumping here.. or maybe that's just my impression. For a place out west I can get live music most nights of the week, movies, dancing, nice pub, etc. Australia can be such a gamble when it comes to settling - there are so many variables.
Spot on. The city is great - so vibrant with loads to do - if I could afford to live in/nearer to the city I wouldn't complain at all as it has everything, it's a lovely city with lots of shops, restaurants, good atmosphere etc. We were there yesterday and didn't want to leave it, but most of the suburbs are pretty boring - like you say it's so diverse a place and such a gamble.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasG
Absolute tosh !

Do you go around with you eyes closed...there is lots to do in Melbourne !!

Ever been to the CBD, St Kilda, Chapel Street, Brunswick Street, Docklands , Prahran...shall I continue??

As for the cyclists...dangerous, violent mob aren't they FFS !!!

And you call them lazy ...when they cycle...while you sit on your arse every morning ...lazy git !!
And if I lived in the city/St Kilda, Chapel, Street, Brunswick Street, Docklands Prahran that would be lovely wouldn't it???????????

But unfortunately I dont so I have to make a long journey to see/visit these places which we do when we can. They are all vibrant as you say but when you can't afford to live there what bloody use are they, except for a visit once every now and again. We were in the city yesterday and loved it, but unfortunately most of the suburbs are not like the city are they? Why do people automatically assume that you live in the city? Melbourne is huge and can take around an hour and a half to get into/out of. Most of the nightlife and things to do are centred in and around the city. If you can afford to live there thats brilliant, but for other people who can't, believe me there is not much going on. My 21 year old daughter is the most sociable, outgoing person and she's turned into a replica of my granny now. In fact I think my granny has a better social life.

I didn't actually say they are dangerous - simply said I'm sick of looking at lycra arses. Which I am.

Did I call them lazy?? Read the post again but just in case you still don't understand, I'll explain in brackets - I said the WHERE I COME FROM (HOME TOWN) THEY MUST BE LAZY BUGGERS (BECAUSE THEY DONT CYCLE) BECAUSE I'VE NEVER SEEN AS MANY CYCLISTS IN MY LIFE BEFORE.

Certainly rattled your cage eh? My reference to cyclists was actually not meant to be serious you know. Lighten up.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

that is one dumbed assed looking creature...and then there is the Alpaca!

I found that video this afternoon and thought of Arkon.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Try the link below and see if it works. Look what I have posted for Arkon in photo post.

Talking of which, there is an Alpaca outside my window flashing off her ladybits.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...ON_SPECIAL.wmv
That was a nice one, Shouldn't be kept on their own in singles though. Social animals and need to be in groups.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Folks on this thread...try an avoid telling stories PLEASE........take it elsewhere....just post a few words on what you don't like, that's all we need to know. If you want to converse with someone, use another thread.

Anyway, one thing we noticed we don't like.......

why is it that some/a lot of Australian men look like they need a damn good wash and decent haircut?

Must be the barefoot shopping expeditions attracting grime further up the body...........

PS.........Is this why hairdresers are on the MODL ?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:54 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Folks on this thread...try an avoid telling stories PLEASE........take it elsewhere....just post a few words on what you don't like, that's all we need to know. If you want to converse with someone, use another thread.

why is it all Australian men look like they need a damn good wash and decent haircut?

Must be the barefoot shopping expeditions attracting grime further up the body...........

Are you the police?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:04 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Threads grow and deviate. It's a discussion forum, emphasis on 'discussion'. There are hundreds of these 'like/don't like' threads and they all read the same way every single time someone puts one up.

why is it that some/a lot of Australian men look like they need a damn good wash and decent haircut?
Same reason some/a lot of British men look like they need a damn good wash and decent haircut.

Last edited by iPom; Oct 23rd 2006 at 12:09 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:06 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Never mind Bruce, don't forget the Sheilas.

Kept it short for fear of story telling.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:10 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: The OFFICIAL what I don't like about Oz thread

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Never mind Bruce, don't forget the Sheilas.

Kept it short for fear of story telling.
BUT CANADA AND USA ARE STILL BETTER OPTIONS/PLACES TO MIGRATE THEN REALLY FAR/BARREN LAND CALLED AUSTRALIA
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:12 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smurtaza
BUT CANADA AND USA ARE STILL BETTER OPTIONS/PLACES TO MIGRATE THEN REALLY FAR/BARREN LAND CALLED AUSTRALIA

They're better if you live near the 'gong.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
They're better if you live near the 'gong.

Didnt one of them recently die?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
having lived in all 3 I disagree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.