Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi There is so many on here that know so much about wages I wonder if you can help us?

My partner is a hairdresser but wants to stick to doing mens hair can you tell me how much a week a barber could earn?

I will have my nvq 2 in child care I will be able to look after children both at home or in a day nursery (up to 16 years old).I would like to look after the little ones in a school or pre school ( not sure how it works in Oz) how much a week will I earn?

We are looking to be in Adelaide middle of 2008.

Thanks for any help you can give it may stop me worrying that we will be able to eat once there lol x

Tina
Can't really help with wages for them jobs, but here's some contacts that may be able to help:

Hair and Beauty Industry Employers Association
28 Greenhill Road
Wayville SA 5034
Email: [email protected]
(They don't have a website unfortunately)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.familydaycare.com.au/

Childcare SA

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/familydaycare/
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
Can't really help with wages for them jobs, but here's some contacts that may be able to help:

Hair and Beauty Industry Employers Association
28 Greenhill Road
Wayville SA 5034
(They don't have a website unfortunately)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.familydaycare.com.au/

Childcare SA

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/familydaycare/
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

thankyou wendy i will look into these
sarahlou

Last edited by sarahlou; Sep 15th 2007 at 7:07 am. Reason: quoting wendys reply
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi Wendy

Thanks for these emails I'll give them a go.

Cheers Tina
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou
Hi Tina, my daughter is studying child care at college (started this week) she would like to continue in Australia,she would rather it be at her college she is at now!,we arrive in the Goldcoast on the 5th Jan 08,
how do i go about getting her a college place ect and nursery,
Originally Posted by steveandtina
Hi Wendy

Thanks for these emails I'll give them a go.

Cheers Tina

You'd be best on these sites (the above are for South Australia):

http://www.childcareqld.org.au/

http://www.candk.asn.au/

http://www.communityactivecareers.co....cfm?objid=963

It might also be worth contacting the Uni and/or TAFE in the area you are going to and see if they will credit some of her study towards an Australian Qualification.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
You'd be best on these sites (the above are for South Australia):

http://www.childcareqld.org.au/

http://www.candk.asn.au/

http://www.communityactivecareers.co....cfm?objid=963

It might also be worth contacting the Uni and/or TAFE in the area you are going to and see if they will credit some of her study towards an Australian Qualification.
yes thankyou thats a good idea !
Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
How do you manage to survive on a combined income of only $3500 gross per week?

Am i missing the boat here, $3500 is approx £1'400 am i thick and missing something how are you not managing???
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KerryRyan
Am i missing the boat here, $3500 is approx £1'400 am i thick and missing something how are you not managing???
Sure he was taking the P.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by layla950
Sure he was taking the P.
Thank god for that when you read through it it sounds like they not jocking. I can sigh a sigh of relief now.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:58 am
Just Joined

julie and chad is on a distinguished road

What about painters and decorators?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

CandiceM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My husband and I are moving to Perth in about 8 weeks. My husband has a job with a salary of $100 000 a year incl of super. Is this enough to live comfortably without me working, we also have a 4 yo son. Also we have opted not to bring furniture over and instead are getting $6000 for furniture, appliances etc. What will we really be able to buy with this? Thanks for any help.
Candice
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:54 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CandiceM
Hi,
My husband and I are moving to Perth in about 8 weeks. My husband has a job with a salary of $100 000 a year incl of super. Is this enough to live comfortably without me working, we also have a 4 yo son. Also we have opted not to bring furniture over and instead are getting $6000 for furniture, appliances etc. What will we really be able to buy with this? Thanks for any help.
Candice
The salary sounds OK but the $6000 for furniture and appliances is woefully low.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northernbird
The salary sounds OK but the $6000 for furniture and appliances is woefully low.

Even I'd have trouble furnishing a house with that and I'm the Queen of bargain hunting.

Mind you, with the cost of shipping at about £2,500 added I'd do OK. Wouldn't buy top range stuff, but could do it - just about. Can always upgrade over time.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

hannah7819 will become famous soon enoughhannah7819 will become famous soon enough

hey there - just wondering what a mechanic can expect to earn. my partner was a mechanic and now works at honda in dealer technical support. He has a lot of experience inc customer services and management responsibilties. Currently on 30k in england
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:05 pm
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there all,

Anyone know what chef can expect to earn? My OH is a sous chef in big hotel but he might take it a bit easier when we get there. Maybe cafe/bistro wages??
Ger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.