Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the official jobs/wages thread...

the official jobs/wages thread...

Old May 4th 2008, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

oopa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
what you smoking mate?
jobs/wages thread??? not race wars! lol
Old May 4th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oopa
jobs/wages thread??? not race wars! lol
Old May 5th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

ROSEBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the official jobs/wages thread...

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
HI IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN TELL ME THE WAGE FOR A PAINTER & DECORATOR WHO WILL BE WORKING IN NSW, NORTH COAST. CAN YOU GIVE ME THE GROSS PAY, IS IT THEN 30% TAX DEDUCTED OFF THIS?

ALSO THE WAGE FOR A TEACHING ASSISTANT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old May 5th 2008, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

NatD1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I am looking for information on the Lighting / Electrical Market.

I am a Project Engineer working for a Lighting Manufacturer - Technical Sales Rep might best some my job up.

Most of my clients are either Architects or Electrical Design Engineers in the Construction Industry.

I am 30 this year, and have nearly 14 years experience in Lighting and Design, and am currently taking a CAD and Electrical Installation Course.

Ideally, I would like to get out of Sales, but it seems the pay is rather good at the moment (Basic $80k+, OTE $120k+).

Is there anyone who works in the Construction Industry that can give me some advice please????
Old May 6th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Can anyone tell me about 'Workforce Solutions'..? I already posted this elsewhere but I wondered if you guys knew anything.
(http://www.workforcesolutions.com.au/)
They're wanting to add us to their database (for job search in Australia) but I'm not sure whether I trust them or not- they sent us an email with PDF forms to fill out and say they want an interview over Skype which seems legit but even as I type this it sounds even more dodge ... Help!

Also anyone know the going rate for experienced mechanic in Perth?
Old May 6th 2008, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bextaroota
Can anyone tell me about 'Workforce Solutions'..? I already posted this elsewhere but I wondered if you guys knew anything.
They're wanting to add us to their database (for job search in Australia) but I'm not sure whether I trust them or not- they sent us an email with PDF forms to fill out and say they want an interview over Skype which seems legit but even as I type this it sounds even more dodge ... Help!

I have never heard of them, but I would say what have you got to lose by going on their list? unless they are asking for money to put you on the database (then I would say don't touch them with a barge pole).
Old May 7th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

isn't that the one that is/was owned by kevin rudd's wife?

all these agencies do is saturate the market with your personal details- do you really want to do that?

Originally Posted by bextaroota

Old May 7th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Found wages to be crap to be honest. My OH is a overhead linesman but they haven't sorted his relevant qualifications out yet (although we did get TRA granted as overhead linesman and skilled migration visa) so he is being employed as a trades assistant till they sort it out - he is only earning $46,000 - half of what he earned in the UK. Considering our rental is $1700 per month we have not got much left and I can't find work where we are living (half hour outside Canberra) so not happy bunnies at the moment! They say they want all these skilled migrants - well not surprised they can't get anyone cos no one will want to come for these wages and then have to be a junior when they get here!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info guys I'll give it a try and I guess as long as I don't give them money it should be ok
Old May 8th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We are desparate for people with the right skills. I will pay senior electrical designers with 5 years good (even non-mining)experience, $85/hr plus 15% retention bonus (about $200k pa) but I can't find anyone. For engineers it's $95-120/hr - also very hard to find people.
Amazulu, where people can gain "the right skills"? In this country employers always say "is very hard to find people" - everybody wants to employ only with 5-10 years good experience, where school leavers can get first years of experience? or overseas experience is worthless here; where employees can be trained?
train me in it first and i will be working even for 40$/h, so you will save lot of money. Nobody in australia wants to train staff, only desperately seek "ready to work"
and meeting requirements it is next long story
Old May 8th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Conrad, I totally agree with what you sare saying. My OH is an overhead linesman with 18 years experience in the UK, we got TRA and skilled migration visa based on this but guess what now we are here he needs his certificate III ?????? HIs company are now having to looked at skills testing him for this but nothing is set up yet so god knows how long that is going to take - tell you something if its not in next few months we will be heading back to the uk! Its a joke, hear it on the radio and the news all the time here how desperate Australia is for skilled workers - yeah right - obviously not that desperate!
Old May 8th 2008, 10:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Owing to the size - and resultant loading time - of this thread, I'm going to close it here. Kapri has taken all the useful wages results and summarised them in Part Two of the thread - HERE - and we'll carry on in that thread from now......