Reload this Page >

New speeding camera's!

New speeding camera's!

Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:52 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New speeding camera's!

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Does the angry smiley mean you're angry at me or is it you admitting that speeding can result in smashing into a brick wall?
YOU'RE NOT LISTENING MR NIGE!!!

Hover your cursor over the 'angry smiley' ... PMSL

Bless, you're a keeper mate! ...

Originally Posted by neil248
I assume you are kidding about 160kph on the M1 pacific motorway.
Try 260 - 300kph like the hoons do every other Thursday night. They run from Maccas @ Springwood to Movie World and back, bring all the BHP you have as there's heaps of cars to race.

I went along in the name of research...

In their defence there isn't much on the motorway but still, crazy crazy stuff, but hey it's Australia and you aint got nothin unless you got a V8!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
YOU'RE NOT LISTENING MR NIGE!!!

Hover your cursor over the 'angry smiley' ... PMSL

Bless, you're a keeper mate! ...

Try 260 - 300kph like the hoons do every other Thursday night. They run from Maccas @ Springwood to Movie World and back, bring all the BHP you have as there's heaps of cars to race.

I went along in the name of research...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UNUqddUlJls

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3sDAslGd9c

In their defence there isn't much on the motorway but still, crazy crazy stuff, but hey it's Australia and you aint got nothin unless you got a V8!
300kph? Really?

Prove me wrong, but I don't think so.......
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by neil248
Got to agree with the poster about multiple pile ups, never heard of one here.

Problem is Australians with a population of around 20 million people kill the same amount of people on the roads per year as the UK with a popultion of 60 million.

In simple terms 3 times as bad
I've got pics from multiple (say 5 - 10 vehicles) pile ups here, loads!

Do you have a link to where that stat comes from? I've often wondered the population to crash ratio between the 2 countries.

If I go north from here into Brissie in morning rush hour I'll see a crash more times than not. The traffic will go to snail pace at some point due to a crash or more so the rubber neckers! Amazing how the 3 k of 10 - 20kph goes straight up to 100kph after you've passed the actual scene!

As said I'd drive into and out of London almost daily and NEVER seen traffic due to crashes like here, and that's with 3 lanes on the M1 into London over the 4 (big chunk of it) into Brissie, but then people in the UK (mostly) abide by the '2 second rule' over the 2 meter rule! ...
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I've got pics from multiple (say 5 - 10 vehicles) pile ups here, loads!

Do you have a link to where that stat comes from? I've often wondered the population to crash ratio between the 2 countries.

If I go north from here into Brissie in morning rush hour I'll see a crash more times than not. The traffic will go to snail pace at some point due to a crash or more so the rubber neckers! Amazing how the 3 k of 10 - 20kph goes straight up to 100kph after you've passed the actual scene!

As said I'd drive into and out of London almost daily and NEVER seen traffic due to crashes like here, and that's with 3 lanes on the M1 into London over the 4 (big chunk of it) into Brissie, but then people in the UK (mostly) abide by the '2 second rule' over the 2 meter rule! ...
When were you last in the UK?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
300kph? Really?

Prove me wrong, but I don't think so.......
I can show you 0 - about 250KPH no prob.

Most of this stuff is 2nd gear boost, see who's in front after, but there was a couple of times where it kicked off and a few cars were racing over k's and hitting 250+ easy!

Trust me, as much as I like to take a pic / video, I'm holding on at this stage.

A 450BHP turbo'd SS V8 manual hitting red line in 4th is going some I can assure you!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
When were you last in the UK?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Most of this stuff is 2nd gear boost, see who's in front after, but there was a couple of times where it kicked off and a few cars were racing over k's and hitting 250+ easy!

Trust me, as much as I like to take a pic / video, I'm holding on at this stage.

A 450BHP turbo'd SS V8 manual hitting red line in 4th is going some I can assure you!
Sure, 250kph. I've driven at nearly that speed on the autobahn but 300kph is a whole different ballgame. That's F1 quick.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Aghhh, file size bollox, will post it later...
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sure, 250kph. I've driven at nearly that speed on the autobahn but 300kph is a whole different ballgame. That's F1 quick.
I've 'rode' at 190MPH which the converter tells me is 305KPH, but riding and driving totally diff obviously.

Me mate tells me what's on the speedo, I have no reason to doubt as these big tuned beasts over here move!

It's straya man!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

On the M4 they have painted chevrons on the lanes to try and get drivers to keep to the 2 second rule and I've seen them on the M40 and M6 as well. When I went to Wales when my mum was ill, I saw multiple cars within the 2 chevron distance, probably only feet off the back of the car infront. I also know that driving at 70 I can be the fastest car on the motorway, although theres a lot of the M4 where you have to slow down to 50mph.

When I was younger, before I passed my test, a friend always used to say about speeding 'better 5 mins late in this world than a lifetime early in the next' and I tend to agree - the last thing I would want to be is responsible for someone else losing a parent or child because I crashed my car, let alone one of mine. From mine to my mums is approx 160 miles. I can stick to the speed limits and get there in 2 1/2 hours; or as my sons's friend did, drive at 100 mph, pick up a driving ban and fine and do the journey in 2 hrs (you have to stop for tolls on the severn bridge) - enough said really
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:20 am
Account Closed

I have no reason to doubt as these big tuned beasts over here move!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

If I go north from here into Brissie in morning rush hour I'll see a crash more times than not.
Apparently that section of highway is well known for having a high population of low I.Q. idiots who speed, tailgate and generally drive recklessly.

That could possibly explain the high accident count......well observed
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PaulandNic

I really do need to get back to work and not be looking up silly statistics on the web!

Looks like I am wrong, surely those speed cameras cannot be working.

I am sure it has been 3 to 1 in the past but www.worldlifeexpectancy.com which will keep me occupied for a while says differently.

Road deaths per 100,000 people

Australia 6.8

UK 4.8

So australia killing roughly 40% more people per capita than the UK not the 300% I said.

Take a look at the statistics and you will be glad to be driving in either of these countries though.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

I've 'rode' at 190MPH which the converter tells me is 305KPH, but riding and driving totally diff obviously.
Would that be the M1 in UK or the M1 in Australia ?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:26 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Motorways in the UK are statistically the safest roads in that country, Im not sure the same can be said in Australia. The reason they are looking at raising the speed limit on motorways is they realise that times have changed, cars are far more advanced, much much safer and drivers are safer. I wouldnt like to see limits increased in Australia as the general standard of driving outweighs the advances in vehicle safety.
Multiple pile ups on motorways are a rare occurrence and definitely occur in both countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.