Reload this Page >

New speeding camera's!

New speeding camera's!

Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:07 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New speeding camera's!

**I think this thread should be updated regularly - Fixed or Mobile camera's**

Yes, It's breaking the law to exceed speed, and I only do it probably twice a year, but all the same it's good for the hot tip! ...

New one on the M1 - Gold Coast area if relevant to you.

Ok, heading west on Smith St Motorway, and just after you merge with the M1, there's a bridge ahead with camera's on all lanes (looked like merging lanes too) for North going traffic.

Another angle, heading north on the M1 past Nerang. Up the hill and down (where it conveniently goes from 100 - 110kph (), and then you go under Smith St Motorway bridge, then watch out for the next bridge ...

A pic will follow, but on the map...

There's also the M1 going north just past Logan Motorway turn off, but most know about that I think as it's been there a while now.

I don't think the other is in operation yet, but might be worth a thought next time you fly up Smith St Motorway in the left lane, and jump in at the end and floor it ... ta da!

You heard it here first!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:25 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New speeding camera's!

The obsession with speed (revenue) in Australia really annoys me. Spare me the preaching about the law etc, someone doing 104 in a 100 zone is not a danger. Its all about money, nothing more, even cop friends admit that.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
The obsession with speed (revenue) in Australia really annoys me. Spare me the preaching about the law etc, someone doing 104 in a 100 zone is not a danger. Its all about money, nothing more, even cop friends admit that.
That would make it a guideline, not a limit. Is it any different in England when going 4k over?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
That would make it a guideline, not a limit. Is it any different in England when going 4k over?
Can overtake police in the UK doing 80 (average speed) or just under so yes, very different!

(20+ years professional driving exp in London before you start Mr Nige)

10% allowed for speedo inaccuracy and I guess they round up!

Like they do here! ...
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Can overtake police in the UK doing 80 (average speed) or just under so yes, very different!

Like they do here! ...
Yes but cameras arent as forgiving are they? Personally, I think there should be cameras at every set of traffic lights. Not so much in Ireland, but here in Sydney.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Like they do here! ...
This has been done before but I think you'll find that it's a bit different now. I know quite a few people who have been done for being 1mph over the limit as speedos are no longer inaccurate - 1st offence and you can opt to take the drivers awarenes course and not have fine or points on license. Wiltshire police also have well publisized zero policy on speeding - tickets anyone over the speed limit regardless of how far over (including m4 through wiltshire). Most police forces do however tell you on their websites which fixed speed cameras are active on a given day, and where their mobile units are and at what times.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

If a comparison is on the table (Chris @ you) then in the 2 years before leaving the UK done twice for parking and twice for speeding

2 years in Oz - nothing, nada, not a blemmish.

I drive about 5 times more in Oz.

The one thing that is excessive in Oz is the RBT thingy bob. Now it's probably a good thing as in my opinion people seem to want to chance it a bit more after a few drinks in Oz. In the UK people tended to have a little more restraint when it came to having a tipple and getting behind the wheel.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Haven't been done yet over here in 60,000Km of driving. But then again I've learnt not to speed. Last time I was done in the UK I was caught doing 75mph in a 70 zone on the M6 and the time before that, 36 in a 30. So the overtaking a patrol car at 80mph and not getting pulled over is just pure luck. Personally don't see many differences in the amount of speed cameras over here and the amount there was where I live in the UK.

I used to think RBT's were a pain in the arse but they only take about a minute of your time and the amount of over limit drinkers they manage to catch makes them worthwhile in my book.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by martin1978
Haven't been done yet over here in 60,000Km of driving. But then again I've learnt not to speed. Last time I was done in the UK I was caught doing 75mph in a 70 zone on the M6 and the time before that, 36 in a 30. So the overtaking a patrol car at 80mph and not getting pulled over is just pure luck. Personally don't see many differences in the amount of speed cameras over here and the amount there was where I live in the UK.

I used to think RBT's were a pain in the arse but they only take about a minute of your time and the amount of over limit drinkers they manage to catch makes them worthwhile in my book.
Funny story, when I was driving back from yours on Boxing day, I wasn't sure if I was over the limit or not. I turned onto the Pacific Highway and saw some RBT cars. I got really nervous but thought I had no way around it and if I'm over I'm over. One police officer waved at me and it looked like he was asking me to move lane. So I did but it put me about 50 yards up from them. I waited and saw them laughing in the rear view mirror. Then one of them decided to walk over to me and say 'Hello sir, just waiting here patiently are you?' I said I thought the other guy asked me to pull in. He said 'Na, but I'll test you anyway'. Luckily I wasn't over and went on my way while watching them have another giggle at me.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Rush hour traffic coming up the M1 out of London is 90mph in the fast (yep fast) lane, that's the outside lane for Aussies! ...

I find the inside lane moves best personally. I love driving up the highway with everyone clogging up the outside lanes and me passing them all on the inside! ...

Just imagine how smooth this country would run if EVERYONE kept left unless overtaking! ...
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rush hour traffic coming up the M1 out of London is 90mph in the fast (yep fast) lane, that's the outside lane for Aussies! ...

I find the inside lane moves best personally. I love driving up the highway with everyone clogging up the outside lanes and me passing them all on the inside! ...

Just imagine how smooth this country would run if EVERYONE kept left unless overtaking! ...
Just to be pedantic, it's the overtaking lane not the fast lane. Speed limit applies to all lanes.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I read recently that undertaking is not illegal in the UK, and never has been. It's just not done there - which is a good thing IMO.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:15 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The average speeds here are so much higher and so much safer, 80 + on motorways is the norm. I just dont see the revenue cameras here like in Australia.
I did the same in Australia, sit in the left lane and get where you are going faster than the numpties in the 'faster' lanes
It took a little while to get back into doing things properly here.
The keeping left in Australia wont happen as it isnt enforced and just sitting in any lane is ingrained in drivers now. I just wish the Police in Australia would be honest and admit the obsession with speed is all about revenue raising.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
The average speeds here are so much higher and so much safer, 80 + on motorways is the norm. I just dont see the revenue cameras here like in Australia.
I did the same in Australia, sit in the left lane and get where you are going faster than the numpties in the 'faster' lanes
It took a little while to get back into doing things properly here.
The keeping left in Australia wont happen as it isnt enforced and just sitting in any lane is ingrained in drivers now. I just wish the Police in Australia would be honest and admit the obsession with speed is all about revenue raising.
80+ may be your norm but not everyones - some of us choose to obey the law so that the roads stay safer for those numpties who pick and choose which laws they want to obey. So Speeding is fine - what about drink driving after 1 drink, or 2, or 10. How about other anti social behaviours - vandalism, shoplifitng. It may sound silly, but you can't pick and choose which laws you should uphold and which are okay not to.
Attached Thumbnails New speeding camera's!-m5-crash.jpg   New speeding camera's!-five-killed-speeding-car.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2013, 7:20 am
Banned

Yes, spot on. Driving at 10 over the limit on the motorway is exactly the same as drink driver and anti social behaviour, vandalism. Yes, you are right it does sound silly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.