Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:42 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Originally Posted by Carl B
Is Get a New Life the one where the visas, flights and housing are pre-arranged and the people who move have two months to decide whether they want to stay? Having thought about it, Mullet man was on that programme.
Yep thats the one - on the same series was people going to the Cayman Islands too.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:45 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Somebody correct me if I am wrong here - are we all talking about 2 completly different TV Series...?

1. "A New Life Down Under" - that is the one that the (repeated) update was for the other night

2. "Get a New Life" - that was the one with Mullet-man & the Tasmanian Family

here ya go...

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...fe_down_under/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/hom...ntheshow.shtml - a pic of mullet man too!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:16 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
thanks fo that - i saw the channel 4 one the other day but thanx for the ppic of mullet man - i will treasure it forever! LOL
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tracey, we re in a similar situation, when we first started out on this quest our daughter who is 16 nearly 17 was all for it,but since starting 6th form and making lots of new friends she is not so keen on leaving them,i know ,i couldnt go and leave her behind, so im hopeing its gonna blow over.
Whereabouts are you heading,we re going to brisbane,maybe they could chat on msn,let me know if you want kerrys msn name for your daughter,speak to you soon.

another tracey.
Originally Posted by tracey.d
I know how you feel. My daughter is going to be 16 when we go. Actually waiting for her to finish school. After initially being really enthusiastic has now decided she doesn't want to go. I can cope with leaving friends and family but I don't know if I will be able to stick it out if she doesn't come. Am keeping my fingers crossed though.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

oooohhhh nnnnoooo not changeing your mind again,lol,why dont you get a big cruiser and travel around,then you can live in all the places,lol,only jokinghun,how ya doin.

tracey.
Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Being lucky enough (or unlucky) I missed this when they put it on the first time.
When we saw the first one with the Russell’s you new that was not going to work... and when he when back to the UK for a business trip and then shipped his car back..you just knew he was not going back!

But I'm glad they all stayed, it just shows that if you what something bad enough anything is possible!

However it has thrown up a whole new set of problems for us........
I REALLY liked the look of Perth!!!

For those that don't know we had been between Adelaide and Melbourne and went for Melbourne, then Brisbane and Gold Coast were thrown into the mix, but then back to Melbourne (better for Hubby's job). And we were both sat there last night, we looked at each other and said “PERTH! MMMmmmmmm!�
So here we go again…………..
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:09 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
oooohhhh nnnnoooo not changeing your mind again,lol,why dont you get a big cruiser and travel around,then you can live in all the places,lol,only jokinghun,how ya doin.

tracey.

But there as so many lovely cities! I think we will have just put all the names in a hat and pick one out!! or hope that Iain gets a job before we go so that will makes the choice for us!
At the end of the day any for the place we have looked would be great, I just want to be there!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

i know what you mean,it seems ages comeing and i know we havent been kept waiting as long as some,well where ever you end up going,you ll have to come see us in brissy.

tracey
Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
But there as so many lovely cities! I think we will have just put all the names in a hat and pick one out!! or hope that Iain gets a job before we go so that will makes the choice for us!
At the end of the day any for the place we have looked would be great, I just want to be there!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi tracey, we re in a similar situation, when we first started out on this quest our daughter who is 16 nearly 17 was all for it,but since starting 6th form and making lots of new friends she is not so keen on leaving them,i know ,i couldnt go and leave her behind, so im hopeing its gonna blow over.
Whereabouts are you heading,we re going to brisbane,maybe they could chat on msn,let me know if you want kerrys msn name for your daughter,speak to you soon.

another tracey.
I'm also planning to go to Brisbane, also in the summer. End of August to be precise. Hoping for a job in one of the large women and childrens hospitals. Don't think we could afford to stay in Brisbane itself unfortunately! Visited there in October and really liked it. Couldn't believe how clean it was compared to British cities.
Looking at living somewhere between Brisbane and the coast. Haven't got a clue really although I'm sure most places are nice. Just worried about finding somewhere with decent schools. Mine are all in really good schools at the mo and don't want to end up with a naff one.
Do you know exactly where you are going to be?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future
Smile Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

You only need to use the space provided on the TRA and not seperate sheets. You hae to give detail but not too much for every task otherwise it won't fit on the form. That's the way I filled in the TRA and was accepted- Only in rotherham so not far from you!
Darren
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Definitely, even just a template of how to set it out would be nice.

I shall work on mine and then email it to you.

PM me with your email address and ill do the same.

Might take me a bit though as im at work.

But yes, it would be really nice to have someone to help me.

Its a lonely old process.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:05 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tracey, this is gary,traceys other half,we plan on going to a suburb close to the gold coast,unless i get a job somewhere else, then we ll have to be guided by that.
We ve been trying to find people going with teenagers so that kerry can maybe get to know some before we get there,whaet do your children think about the move.

gary,
I'm also planning to go to Brisbane, also in the summer. End of August to be precise. Hoping for a job in one of the large women and childrens hospitals. Don't think we could afford to stay in Brisbane itself unfortunately! Visited there in October and really liked it. Couldn't believe how clean it was compared to British cities.
Looking at living somewhere between Brisbane and the coast. Haven't got a clue really although I'm sure most places are nice. Just worried about finding somewhere with decent schools. Mine are all in really good schools at the mo and don't want to end up with a naff one.
Do you know exactly where you are going to be?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi tracey, this is gary,traceys other half,we plan on going to a suburb close to the gold coast,unless i get a job somewhere else, then we ll have to be guided by that.
We ve been trying to find people going with teenagers so that kerry can maybe get to know some before we get there,whaet do your children think about the move.

gary,
Hi, The Gold Coast is where we really wanted to be , but as I want to work in Brisbane I think its a bit far to commute.
My oldest daughter who is 15 keeps saying she's not going. But then she keeps changing her mind! My other daughter who is 14 is really looking forward to it as is my 9 year old son. However, he is a bit upset about leaving his friends. I will just have to make sure that we go somewhere that there is plenty of clubs and activities for them to get involved in.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:39 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Hi, The Gold Coast is where we really wanted to be , but as I want to work in Brisbane I think its a bit far to commute.
My oldest daughter who is 15 keeps saying she's not going. But then she keeps changing her mind! My other daughter who is 14 is really looking forward to it as is my 9 year old son. However, he is a bit upset about leaving his friends. I will just have to make sure that we go somewhere that there is plenty of clubs and activities for them to get involved in.
Hi there - we are also headed for the Gold Coast.

In respect of commuting, at the end of the day it is really up to you how far you are willing to commute. If you wanted to work in Brissie but not have to spend 1 to 1.5 hours commuting each way every day then why not look around the Ormeau or Oxenford areas as they are much nearer to Brisbane than suburbs like Nerang or Tugun etc, but still "Gold Coast".

A really useful site is http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/home.jsp - on here you can search for different areas and see the actually placings on maps...
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi there - we are also headed for the Gold Coast.

In respect of commuting, at the end of the day it is really up to you how far you are willing to commute. If you wanted to work in Brissie but not have to spend 1 to 1.5 hours commuting each way every day then why not look around the Ormeau or Oxenford areas as they are much nearer to Brisbane than suburbs like Nerang or Tugun etc, but still "Gold Coast".

A really useful site is http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/home.jsp - on here you can search for different areas and see the actually placings on maps...
Thanks, what kind of distance are they from the beach? Also are they nice areas with decent schools do you know?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:28 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Thanks, what kind of distance are they from the beach? Also are they nice areas with decent schools do you know?
If you start with the Where Is site link to search for the places, you find out lots from there - also if you speak to "Scissors", she has a new book that has just come back into print which is FANTASTIC for detailing each area & the ameneties that are there....
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:31 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

By the way guys - I was flicking thru the channels on Sky earlier & you will never guess what was on UK Style........ LOL

"Get a New Life" with Mr Mullet himself!!!!!!!!!!

Just (yet another) a repeat though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.