Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:20 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Originally Posted by OzTennis
A lot of people think a lot of 'poms' aren't happy UNLESS they are whingeing but that's another story!

I too thought about the more than teenage angst manners of the Russell girl with her 'get out of MY house' to the partner and 'if Mum doesn't get her visa, I'll be staying, I'll get myself adopted'; I also remember the boy coming back from Blackpool - Mum advised that at the airport they confiscated his knives, 'it's just his hobby, he wouldn't use them' and he also used fake I.D. (I hope it doesn't affect our/his visa application - which it didn't!)

OzTennis

Yes, I thought that. What the hell was he doing with fake ID???????
Wonder if he is a person that would object to proper ID cards? Makes me wonder.

How come Esme one minute had blonde hair and in another scene, it was almost black?

I hope they do more updates anyway.

Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:21 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

As for the 'white hearses' comment, I think it's probably better to drive around with a corpse in a white (heat reflecting) hearse than a black (heat absorbing) model.

That Russel kid scared me. I've got 2 daughters (2 & 5). Please tell me they don't all go through that!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

i agree about the white hearses what a good idea,but that women,if you saw the series wasnt happy with anything,she winge winge winged,i liked the bit when her and hubby were standing in the part built house,walls not all up,no plaster no windows ect,and she said is it nearly finished,omg what planet is she off,i was shocked to hear her say she was staying in the end.

tracey.
Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
As for the 'white hearses' comment, I think it's probably better to drive around with a corpse in a white (heat reflecting) hearse than a black (heat absorbing) model.

That Russel kid scared me. I've got 2 daughters (2 & 5). Please tell me they don't all go through that!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:21 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scissors
i agree about the white hearses what a good idea,but that women,if you saw the series wasnt happy with anything,she winge winge winged,i liked the bit when her and hubby were standing in the part built house,walls not all up,no plaster no windows ect,and she said is it nearly finished,omg what planet is she off,i was shocked to hear her say she was staying in the end.

tracey.
She also wanted to build a conservatory.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

lol,did you see the look of frustration on poor hubbies face

tracey.
Originally Posted by Carl B
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl B
What for says hubby, as a dining room she says, but we've got a ... forget it!

OzTennis
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:30 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

OzTennis
............ and there's me posting on this on another thread - d'oh!!

Jim
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol, well she ll have to have a conservatory wont she...i mean the next door nieghbours house is bigger than hers

tracey.

OzTennis
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:51 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Wouldn't a conservatory be a little warm during the Perth summer months?

I loved her comment about 'Look at this plot. There's no shade', and then the hubby slowly shaking his head until she realised that there would be shade from the house that they planned to build.

Same planet, different world...

I admired the husband. Got right into the laid back lifestyle. Then again, he needed to be pretty laid back with her constant whinging.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

your right about the plot of land with no shade,i nearly p...myself laughing when she said that .
hubby seemed nice though.

i feel sorry for her poor nieghbours,lol.

tracey.

I loved her comment about 'Look at this plot. There's no shade', and then the hubby slowly shaking his head until she realised that there would be shade from the house that they planned to build.

Same planet, different world...

I admired the husband. Got right into the laid back lifestyle. Then again, he needed to be pretty laid back with her constant whinging.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:02 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I wasnt the only one disapointed to see it was a repeat of what had been shown already....

Cant understand though why they make us all jump through TRA-type hoops yet let the Singleton woman stay!!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:03 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Maybe she wants to grow tomatoes.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 3:27 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by bridiej
Glad I wasnt the only one disapointed to see it was a repeat of what had been shown already....

Cant understand though why they make us all jump through TRA-type hoops yet let the Singleton woman stay!!!

Jump through hoops is an understatement, why dont they make us do the bloody cooking and washing for the TRA,

Yes, how did these people get there?

Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:04 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes, how did these people get there?
Makes you wonder really doesn't it????
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

A lot of people think a lot of 'poms' aren't happy UNLESS they are whingeing but that's another story!

I too thought about the more than teenage angst manners of the Russell girl with her 'get out of MY house' to the partner and 'if Mum doesn't get her visa, I'll be staying, I'll get myself adopted'; I also remember the boy coming back from Blackpool - Mum advised that at the airport they confiscated his knives, 'it's just his hobby, he wouldn't use them' and he also used fake I.D. (I hope it doesn't affect our/his visa application - which it didn't!)

OzTennis
I also found that part bizarre. DIMIA have you jumping through hoops to get a visa and then they say to that family knives and fake I.D. wont affect their application!!!! How can that be? Although I have to admit I was glad they were allowed to stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.