Reload this Page >

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Well! I must say when I watched this I half expected at least one couple/family to have headed back to Blighty, following some of the things that happenned. I was pleasantly surprised to see that even when the men in 2 of the couples "did one" the women stayed on in Australia and really put their heart & soul into making sure they stayed there! The lady from Blackpool - TOTAL RESPECT...... she pulled it off! I was really hoping she would! Anybody know what happenned to the Pilates Instructor from Bath? Did she manage to get the visa & stay??
hi
the lady from bath dose get
to stay i watched it the frist time round.She is on a bussiness visa and doing ok
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:23 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: New Life Downunder Revisted - Channel 4 8pm Yesterday

I know what you mean hun - it is going to be so good having you up the street ;o)

On the TV show, when I saw the beach at Surfers, and even the exit on the Highway for the Gold Coast I cried (sad I know)...... LOL

Jonah came up & looked really puzzled and gave me a cuddle *awwwww*

I did that! In fact, ive cried at every New Life Down Under programme.

When I see all the places Ive been to.

Glad im not the only one.

How is your TRA going?

And how is Jonah, bet he got you up early on Christmas day?

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wombat42
Is that whinging Pom woman from Perth who kept whinging to everybody
every 5 minutes what a mistake she made moving to OZ, how much she hates everything Australian, and how much she wants to go home , still in OZ? l hope not.
I agree, we said if all she keeps doing is moaning, why did she bother going in the first place, and she was trying to tell her builder husband how to build virtually. She got on my nerves.

As for he others, i think if you have marital probs before you go, going there isnt going to make all that go away.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:28 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I did that! In fact, ive cried at every New Life Down Under programme.

When I see all the places Ive been to.

Glad im not the only one.

How is your TRA going?

And how is Jonah, bet he got you up early on Christmas day?
Hiya hun

Well aren't we a sad old pair eh?
TRA is literally War & flipping Peace! We have 15 pages just describing his day to day working at each job he has held for the last X amount of years! LOLOL
Jo loved Christmas - his exact reaction on Christmas morning when he ran into the lounge was a very wide-eyed "Oh Wow".... LOL - he talks & everything now! hehehehe

Hows it all going for you guys then? Come on spill! Its been ages since we had a good chat!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
Is that whinging Pom woman from Perth who kept whinging to everybody
every 5 minutes what a mistake she made moving to OZ, how much she hates everything Australian, and how much she wants to go home , still in OZ? l hope not.
The program was about 3 families (or groups of people) - Singleton's from Blackpool, Russell's from Bath and Skeggs' from Hertfordshire.

Singleton was the 4 times married lady with 2 children who went on a spouse visa with an Aussie born (but sounded English) husband but she split up and eventually got permanent residency (because their relationship split up due to his violence); Russell was the vicar's daughter with 2 children from previous relationships who went on a business visa in the name of her partner who eventually returned to Bath so she was applying for her own business visa (had to achieve $200K turnover and employ two locals within 2 months); Skeggs is as said above is best remembered for her 'white hearses', 'traffic lights', 'you know what those Orstralians are like they would shoot my cats', 'those birds sound p****d off too' , 'they don't do knickers like M&S' etc comments.

Even though Mandy was still whinging she said she was settled in Perth and enjoying life there as were all the others (with the possible exception of the boy from Blackpool).

I seem to remember at least 2, possibly all 3, of them posting on here in the past - 'I'm not really like how I come across in the programs etc'.

Not only was the program a repeat but it was a repeat of a repeat because it spent a lot of time repeating the previously shown bits!

OzTennis
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:48 am
Professional Princess

Hiya hun

Well aren't we a sad old pair eh?
TRA is literally War & flipping Peace! We have 15 pages just describing his day to day working at each job he has held for the last X amount of years! LOLOL
Jo loved Christmas - his exact reaction on Christmas morning when he ran into the lounge was a very wide-eyed "Oh Wow".... LOL - he talks & everything now! hehehehe

Hows it all going for you guys then? Come on spill! Its been ages since we had a good chat!

We too, are writing war and peace, plus throw in a few novels as well.

Because you have to hit certain criteria with the TRA, we have included:

Technical instructions followed, as in what guidelines do you follow?

Examples of guidelines - menu, health and safety, food safety, stock control, ordering system, ect.

Basically, every guideline that he follows to do his job, we have included it.

We have written how he cooks each dish on his menu in a typical day, and also what he does from entering the building to going home with regards to independently planning the order for each job.

We have menus, the lot, stickers, HACCP plans, details of his food safety training, the lot.

Its set out in the categories the TRA want.

And guess what? we are still doing it.

And, that is just his working day, we are doing a seperate one for the employer but both need to be signed by his employer and will be on headed paper.

As a solicitor once said to me 'Give them everything so they can ask for nothing'.

So thats why I get upset but incredibly pleased when I see people get to Australia and may have had a struggle in doing so.

Because I so wish it was me.

And if we do get excepted, then I swear I shall shave my hair off and use the contents to knit a jumper.

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:58 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We too, are writing war and peace, plus throw in a few novels as well.

Because you have to hit certain criteria with the TRA, we have included:

Technical instructions followed, as in what guidelines do you follow?

Examples of guidelines - menu, health and safety, food safety, stock control, ordering system, ect.

Basically, every guideline that he follows to do his job, we have included it.

We have written how he cooks each dish on his menu in a typical day, and also what he does from entering the building to going home with regards to independently planning the order for each job.

We have menus, the lot, stickers, HACCP plans, details of his food safety training, the lot.

Its set out in the categories the TRA want.

And guess what? we are still doing it.

And, that is just his working day, we are doing a seperate one for the employer but both need to be signed by his employer and will be on headed paper.

As a solicitor once said to me 'Give them everything so they can ask for nothing'.

So thats why I get upset but incredibly pleased when I see people get to Australia and may have had a struggle in doing so.

Because I so wish it was me.

And if we do get excepted, then I swear I shall shave my hair off and use the contents to knit a jumper.
Hey here's an idea - want to pool ideas? I could send you details of ours & vice verssa....... whaddoyathink?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:04 am
Professional Princess

Hey here's an idea - want to pool ideas? I could send you details of ours & vice verssa....... whaddoyathink?

Definitely, even just a template of how to set it out would be nice.

I shall work on mine and then email it to you.

PM me with your email address and ill do the same.

Might take me a bit though as im at work.

But yes, it would be really nice to have someone to help me.

Its a lonely old process.

Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:41 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely, even just a template of how to set it out would be nice.

I shall work on mine and then email it to you.

PM me with your email address and ill do the same.

Might take me a bit though as im at work.

But yes, it would be really nice to have someone to help me.

Its a lonely old process.

I had a nightmare with mine Sam...

Wanted to know the far end of a fart...

I even had to trace my first employer as I worked my apprenticeship with her..
God I hadn't seen her for eighteen years!!..

She supplied me with a reference letter detailing my time with her...

I have now noticed a grey hair in the nether region, I blame this on the stress of the TRA......
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:00 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

The woman in Perth certainly lived up to the 'whinging Pom' cause didn't she.

I was very pleased for the woman from Blackpool (again - as I'd seen it before).

It's a shame they didn't show some 'normal' people migrating as well in that series. I seem to remember from the original series that the aerobics woman and the blackpool woman were moving to try and help their flagging relationships, and the Perth couple were running away from money problems.

I guess it makes better TV showing people who, in the TV producers eyes, have less chance of success.

Hats off to the lot of them for doing it though. If only the DIMMI would start on my application... grrr...
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
It's a shame they didn't show some 'normal' people migrating as well in that series. I seem to remember from the original series that the aerobics woman and the blackpool woman were moving to try and help their flagging relationships, and the Perth couple were running away from money problems.
They are not going to show "normal" families - whatever they are. The comments made are obviously edited big time to make entertainment, if Mrs Skeggs was as unhappy and whinging as she came across, no way would they have stayed. Anyway, what's wrong with white hearses - I quite like the idea.

The Russell lady did come on here a while back to put her side - apparently the hubby was edited to look the victim when he wasn't.

Very p***ed off it was repeating previous programmes though. Well done Channel 4 - you got me
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

We watched the programme last night and what a waste of time. I must say even though it might sound a bit sad that it was good seeing Brisbane airport. We are going over to Aus for the first time to validate our visas in march/april and seeing as that is the first airport we are going to you got an idea as to what it was like. The kids enjoyed the programme more than me and the hubby did and kept saying 'when we go i'm going to see that'. I must comment though on that child of the russels what was it ... Esme. Doesn't she know discipline I was horrified at the way in hich she spoke to the mother and the step-father. I mean you can't be too strict but that was plain rude.

It was quite funny seeing all the different types of families and situtions they are all in though shame we didn't see the other families that went.

Pommy babe.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:02 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Pommy babe
We watched the programme last night and what a waste of time. I must say even though it might sound a bit sad that it was good seeing Brisbane airport. We are going over to Aus for the first time to validate our visas in march/april and seeing as that is the first airport we are going to you got an idea as to what it was like. The kids enjoyed the programme more than me and the hubby did and kept saying 'when we go i'm going to see that'. I must comment though on that child of the russels what was it ... Esme. Doesn't she know discipline I was horrified at the way in hich she spoke to the mother and the step-father. I mean you can't be too strict but that was plain rude.

It was quite funny seeing all the different types of families and situtions they are all in though shame we didn't see the other families that went.

Pommy babe.
I agree - that Esme.... she was so rude!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

galenco is an unknown quantity at this point

We, my husband and I settled down in front of the tv last night goodies & alllooking forward to the 'update only to discver yet another repeat of edited and revamped repeats. We could not bloody believe it.

I agree Esme needs a bit more discipline. She seemed to have no respect for anyone.

As for the lady in Perth I thought she was quite funny. If she had really hated it that much she wouldnt have stayed!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They are not going to show "normal" families - whatever they are. The comments made are obviously edited big time to make entertainment, if Mrs Skeggs was as unhappy and whinging as she came across, no way would they have stayed. Anyway, what's wrong with white hearses - I quite like the idea.

The Russell lady did come on here a while back to put her side - apparently the hubby was edited to look the victim when he wasn't.

Very p***ed off it was repeating previous programmes though. Well done Channel 4 - you got me
A lot of people think a lot of 'poms' aren't happy UNLESS they are whingeing but that's another story!

I too thought about the more than teenage angst manners of the Russell girl with her 'get out of MY house' to the partner and 'if Mum doesn't get her visa, I'll be staying, I'll get myself adopted'; I also remember the boy coming back from Blackpool - Mum advised that at the airport they confiscated his knives, 'it's just his hobby, he wouldn't use them' and he also used fake I.D. (I hope it doesn't affect our/his visa application - which it didn't!)

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.