Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Originally Posted by Pootle
It's Royal District Nursing Service - I'm working for them on casual bank.

Ruth
Thanks Ruth, most post something on the nursing bit and get these links, am due to start in the Epworth, Richmond, in Day Surgery, have been using a recruiting agency, have found them very helpful, anyone else used them

http://www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au/index.php
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:32 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Just thought I would bump this thread again with the following:

Ive just recieved an e-mail from an Aussie friend who lives in Glen Waverley. I had mentioned I was looking at Frankston as an option to live when I arrive. Do you thinks he's trying to put me off?

Q. What do you call a Frankston Boy in a suit?

A. The defendant.

Q. Why did the Frankstonite cross the road?

A. To start a fight with a complete stranger for no reason what so ever.

Q. If you are driving and you see a Bloke from Frankston on a bike, why should you try not to hit him?

A. It might be your bike.

Q. Why is three Frankston Residents going over a cliff in a Nova a shame?

A. Because a Nova has only four seats.

Q. What do you say to a Frankstonite with a job?

A. Big Mac please.

Q. Two Frankston girls jump off a cliff. Who wins?

A. Society.

Q. What does a Frankston girl use as protection during sex?

A. A bus shelter.

Q. What do you call a 30 year old Frankston girl?

A. Granny.

Q. What do you call a Frankston girl in a white tracksuit?

A. The bride.

Q. What's the first question during a Frankston quiz night?

A. What you looking at?

Q. Two Frankston kids in a car without any music - who is driving?

A. The policeman.

Q. What's the difference between a Frankston boy and a Frankston girl?

A. A Frankston girl has a higher sperm count.

Terrible!

Diane
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Both areas are nice. We like the peninsula for the beaches, and the countryside. Also its a horse area for the mrs when she returns to work I work in mental health services in Frankston for Peninsula health. Heard good n bad reports about Frankston hospital, the bad seems to be ED, but generally good care in patient wise. A friend of the wifes has just had a baby and said the care at Frankston was miles better than the UK.

Email the hospitals direct or look on there websites for jobs. Whats your speciality??

I can confirm that for you Paul, My wife an Aussie has worked in Pschy here for about 18 years now. Nurses have sold houses in central Melbourne, moved out East, and couldn't stand the conditions in the Hospitals out there. Only to take up commuting back to the Royal Melbourne. Highest Assault rates on staff out east.

I've not lived in any other Aussie City, so only have London to compare Melbourne to. It does feel comparativly quiet at first, but after a while you realise that this city has many many layers.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Thanks Ruth, most post something on the nursing bit and get these links, am due to start in the Epworth, Richmond, in Day Surgery, have been using a recruiting agency, have found them very helpful, anyone else used them

http://www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au/index.php
The Epworth should be a good hospital to work in.

My wife always used this when she did extra work... Put another Melbourne poster on to them and they were very happy.

Swingshift nurses...

http://www.australiannursingagency.com/swingshift.htm
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Throw a cold bucket of water on me

Melbourne is one step closer had acknowledgement and a Case Manager asigned money taken from Aus Company over the weekend.

Jen
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:51 am
jmc
Midlands to Mornington

jmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to all

Hi all
We have just got our visa, and are moving to Mornington once everything is sold up hopefully july time.
Myself Louise ,hubby a son 13 and a daughter 10, would love to hear from anyone in the same situation moving out this summer?

LouX
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:55 am
Ses
Forum Regular

Ses has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant future

Hi guys, its about time a thread like this was posted!! Hubby and I are going out to validate our visa's on 11 March (house hasn't sold yet) and reading this thread has made mesoooo excited -just not looking forward to jetlag!! Went over to Melbourne around 4 years ago and loved it. First place I have been to and both hubby and I both said we didn't want to go home. So whilst validating we are going to have a mooch at some areas. Bit like a needle in a haystack isn't it? Point Cook and Hoppers Crossing have seem to have good house prices also Narre Warren. Any advise would be welcome. Anyway, will keep checking this thread to pick up advise and tips and will post our reccie when we come back. Sarah x
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:45 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The Epworth should be a good hospital to work in.

My wife always used this when she did extra work... Put another Melbourne poster on to them and they were very happy.

Swingshift nurses...

http://www.australiannursingagency.com/swingshift.htm
Me ...I've had no problems with them ...get as much work as I want, no hassle if I want less - and the pay is great
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dianej

Ive just recieved an e-mail from an Aussie friend who lives in Glen Waverley. I had mentioned I was looking at Frankston as an option to live when I arrive. Do you thinks he's trying to put me off?

Q

Diane

Glen waverly is the area am kinda drawn to
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Q. What do you call a Frankston Boy in a suit?

A. The defendant.

Diane
Hello

We are also looking into renting in Frankston. We are a very long way off yet (application sent off last month).

Has Frankston really got that bad a reputation?

Or was it a bit rough years ago and its still struggling to shake off its old reputation?

From what I've read, it sounds quite nice!

cheers

Justin
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The howellers
Hello

We are also looking into renting in Frankston. We are a very long way off yet (application sent off last month).

Has Frankston really got that bad a reputation?

Or was it a bit rough years ago and its still struggling to shake off its old reputation?

From what I've read, it sounds quite nice!

cheers

Justin
Justin,

My Aunt says its North Frankston that is the problem area, or it was, loads of investment has gone into Frankston and I think it is like most places it will take a while for it to loose its reputation but house prices have gone up a little and basically it seems to be improving. Frankston is probably one of those places that you could have a punt on and in years to come will be the place to live?. You can only take a look and get a gut feel?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CasG
Me ...I've had no problems with them ...get as much work as I want, no hassle if I want less - and the pay is great

Great to hear Cas,
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:04 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Glen waverly is the area am kinda drawn to
Supposed to be really nice area too, Margaret.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Supposed to be really nice area too, Margaret.
And just round the corner from where they film neighbours. Maybe Mags can get a part
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Investment may have gone into Frankston but the nutters still live there.

A friend who is a social worker who now works for Glen Eira Council (having worked across Melbourne) said the other day the top three problematical areas in Melbourne were in order 1) Frankston 2) Dandenong & 3) Footscray

Glen Waverley is OK - very popular amongst Asians which is one of the reasons for the school's high academic reputation

Last edited by hawk2005; Feb 27th 2007 at 1:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.