Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Who can tell me in their opinion why is Melbourne the place to be???

Just want to know from others

Jen
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

gail.crease is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say Hi.

Usually I lurk on this website as some of the posters are quite scary. This seems like a nice thread especially as I recognise a lot of people from Britvics. Hello Buzzy, Paul and Cloe, The bears, Oztennis, Lindsay Clan et al . Is everyone from Britvics here ?

We're flying to Melbourne for our reccie on Thursday with a 3 year old and 6 month old baby. Not looking forward to the flight. Actually I'm having panic attacks about travelling so far with young kids. Can't wait to finally get there though. We're planning on moving permanently around October time.

Regards

Gail
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gail.crease
Just wanted to say Hi.

Usually I lurk on this website as some of the posters are quite scary. This seems like a nice thread especially as I recognise a lot of people from Britvics. Hello Buzzy, Paul and Cloe, The bears, Oztennis, Lindsay Clan et al . Is everyone from Britvics here ?

We're flying to Melbourne for our reccie on Thursday with a 3 year old and 6 month old baby. Not looking forward to the flight. Actually I'm having panic attacks about travelling so far with young kids. Can't wait to finally get there though. We're planning on moving permanently around October time.

Regards

Gail
Good luck on the flight and have a great time.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:32 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Hi.

Regards

Gail
Hello Gail.

Good luck on your reccie! Make sure you show us the photos!

Buzzy
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:35 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Hi.

Regards

Gail
Hi Gail, we're not too scary on here I hope. Mind you, it does sometimes get a but like a playground - not quite as polite as Britvics .

Hope your flight's a good un' and have a fantastic trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Gill
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Hi.

Usually I lurk on this website as some of the posters are quite scary.

Gail
Very true

There is something about the britvics site. It's unusually friendly! Lovely helpful people - I always recommend it to people heading for Mel.
I have ventured onto other sites that are very bitchy.
Poms in Perth is terrible - it's beyond me why anyone would post on there
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Traykolaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know a good college in melbourne, i want to carry on my hairdressing course over their, my sister lives their and has done for years me and my family love it. somebody please help im going out of my mind as i've been told today i need six years experience if i apply over here, im married with an 11year old daughter, the only other way it seems is to go on the study visa. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kapri
Very true

Poms in Perth is terrible - it's beyond me why anyone would post on there
I've abandoned that one as there were too much snipeing going on especially from the guys surprisingly. I'm sticking to Britvics from now on. Poms in Oz isn't bad. A few people there moving to Melbourne too.

I'll make sure I post a reccie report on this thread when I get back .

Gail
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:34 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make sure I post a reccie report on this thread when I get back .

Gail
That would be brilliant Lots of piccies would be good too.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kapri
That would be brilliant Lots of piccies would be good too.
Ive got a few pics around Melbourne here if you want in the mean time.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=21781
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Cool pics Bordy.....no need for me to take any now
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Cool pics Bordy.....no need for me to take any now
Get in touch while your here Gail, our 4 year old likes to meet new friends and the Mrs can show you the local coffee shops....shes in them most days!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:24 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Hello Gail from one of the Britvicers!!!! Have a safe flight and hope the reccie turns out to be all that you hoped for!!!! Good luck.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Hi!

Can anyone tell me some good areas for young families, do not know where
to begin . So when / if we go out in summer we can have alook round some areas. Aussie friend just said about Zones, lost me!!

Cheers Esther x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

TazDevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The Melbourne thread

Oh my goodness.... we leave England in 88 days (not that I am counting or anything!!!!) We arrive in Melbourne on Sunday 24 June - I am feeling the nerves starting to kick in!

Can't wait to meet up - the photos Bordy looked fab.

Tania

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.