Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:06 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Originally Posted by Kookypie
I have just accepted a job at the Royal Melbourne hospital...any other nurses on this thread?

We are hoping to be there by the end of the Autumn...on a 457.

Did consider Sydney...but not for long Cant really explain it, but Melbourne has a better feel to it. Hoping to rent a flat just outside the CBD, maybe Carlton or Prahran. Looking forward to a bit of cafe culture!

Best of luck to everyone who is planning a relocation to Melbourne

Congratulations Kookypie, we're also heading for Melbourne at the end of June. So exiciting. Best of luck to you
Irish Gal
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Irish Gal and Kookypie,

We're also heading for Melbourne, around September time, just waiting on our visa (176) and house sale.

Good luck to you both and congrats on the job KP!!

Colin and Toni
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Irish Gal and Kookypie,

We're also heading for Melbourne, around September time, just waiting on our visa (176) and house sale.

Good luck to you both and congrats on the job KP!!

Colin and Toni

Thanks - best of luck to you too
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mairead
We hope to move to the west at the end of September so I'm grateful for the info also. We have seen a really nice Porter Davis home so hopefully it will just be a matter of finding a site when we get down.
There are some BEAUTIFUL Porter Davis homes, the show homes are amazing. We have found a design we like, but need to sell in the Uk first
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

I have just accepted a job at the Royal Melbourne hospital...any other nurses on this thread?

Did consider Sydney...but not for long Cant really explain it, but Melbourne has a better feel to it. Hoping to rent a flat just outside the CBD, maybe Carlton or Prahran. Looking forward to a bit of cafe culture!

Hi - We had Sunday brunch in St Kilda yesterday it was fab, the atmosphere was amazing.

Good Luck with the move, we have been here 1 week and so far so good
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:01 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
There are some BEAUTIFUL Porter Davis homes, the show homes are amazing. We have found a design we like, but need to sell in the Uk first
We built with PD:curse:
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hey Guys,

I look at the various job sites quite often but thought I'd probe some of you for info.

I'm a Marketing Manager "by trade" but have managed various projects over the years as well, including acqusition of a CRM system and Blackerrys, etc.

I have recently (yesterday) become a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner and wondered if any of you can give me a heads up as to whether it will stand me in good stead for a job over there - I know some of you have been talking project work so hoping someone can offer a bit of advice.

Thanks,

Colin
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Hi Kookpie

I'm a nurse and accepted a job in Jan at RCH melbourne on the NICU! Hoping to be out there asap. Just need to sell/rent house first! We also considered sydney - I applied for my registration there. Until we visited Melbourne and I got my job! Sydney is beautiful but I know what you mean about Melbourne - it just has something I cant put my finger on. We loved it when we were there!

Which area are you working in? RCH and RMH and next door aren't they from what I remember!

Ange x
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:38 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hey Guys,

I look at the various job sites quite often but thought I'd probe some of you for info.

I'm a Marketing Manager "by trade" but have managed various projects over the years as well, including acqusition of a CRM system and Blackerrys, etc.

I have recently (yesterday) become a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner and wondered if any of you can give me a heads up as to whether it will stand me in good stead for a job over there - I know some of you have been talking project work so hoping someone can offer a bit of advice.

Thanks,

Colin
Yes it will. Prince2 is a qualification recognised here, and very good to have on your CV.

Buzzy
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:45 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We built with PD:curse:
you dont recommend PD then Frazer ?

*dives for cover*
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:51 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

So whats the chances of me securing a rental in june somewhere in the South east ??

Any opinions ?

Lee
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:07 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
you dont recommend PD then Frazer ?

*dives for cover*
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
So whats the chances of me securing a rental in june somewhere in the South east ??

Any opinions ?

Lee
So you're coming to Melbourne now despite all your earlier misgivings! Better tell Kapri as I think your reccie put her off!

Might be able to help you with a rental if you can hang on until August 1.

Buzzy
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Buzzy, good to know.

Can you (or anyone else) recommend some decent recruitment agents to approach that do a lot of project / marketing recruitment?

Any guidelines in salaries?

Cheers,

Colin
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:41 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
So you're coming to Melbourne now despite all your earlier misgivings! Better tell Kapri as I think your reccie put her off!

Might be able to help you with a rental if you can hang on until August 1.

Buzzy
oh dont start all that again !!! I have misgivings...i'm a misgivings type of guy Yep deffo on our way to Melly...spent too much no to now

I reckon we'll need a rental for the end of june-ish so early August may just be a bit to late but thanks for the offer....much appreciated

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.