Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Originally Posted by The Crow
Hi Tracey

We actually spent our first 5 months here around Chelsea. Bear in mind, it's only a couple of kms nearer the city than Ferntree etc. I liked it - beautiful beach - but didn't really have the village atmosphere or community feel that other areas do. It has a strip of shops - friendly people - up and coming - a few colourful characters (J&Ds, 10am, kids in tow!!). Hard to get much larger than a 3 bed in Chelsea and many of the larger plots are being sub-divided and townhouses/units being built.

For larger houses you could look at Chelsea Heights (our daughter went to kinder there). Good park there for the kids. Again, for me, not much atmosphere really. Prices have gone up - 4 beds are about $440K.

Not much in the way of 'nice' cafe life and local shops. Patterson Lakes has a little shopping centre - main mall would either be Bayside at Frankston or Southland at Cheltenham. Not many 'proper' pubs - a couple of hotel type places (Chelsea Heights Hotel and The Cove, Patterson Lakes).

Mordialloc would be a better base - nicer cafes and a few bars too. Not sure of current house prices though.

Hope that helps at bit - look forward to meeting you soon!

Rachel
Hi Rachel!
Thats a great help thank you!i have a client from mordialloc (she moved here 7 years ago)
Looking forward to meeting you too! we will mail when we arrive to arrange something if thats ok? Justin having a lads break in marbella at a friends house, so home alone with george.last phone calls and bits and bobs to do now..oh, and a mega pile of ironing and housework to do!!
love tracey.xx
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: [MELBOURNE] Modern movers heading downtown, or up north

Originally Posted by Bordy
If you had any sense you would go to Perth or Brissie Dolly where its beautiful all year round. Not like this cold hole called Melbourne.

Hmmmm Perth - pale skin will probably fry - Brissie - too many spiders, will have to settle for Melbourne and the hope of a sunny day every now and then, has to be more that we get in Ireland anyway
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:35 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Melbourne thread

Mordialloc would be a better base - nicer cafes and a few bars too. Not sure of current house prices though.
600k - 800k for a 3 bed on a tiny block within 15 mins walk of the centre and beach.

Good vibe round here though, I like it.

Buzzy
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:07 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I just read my first post on this thread. I was expecting to be in melbourne by now

Oh well
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
600k - 800k for a 3 bed on a tiny block within 15 mins walk of the centre and beach.

Good vibe round here though, I like it.

Buzzy
Bloody hell!! maybe not then!!xx
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that sounds like a challenge I'll let you know next time they have strippers (male btw) at the Oak Tree That definitely accelerates the need for alcohol

Strippers, oh please, please tell me you ain't joking
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The howellers
Bloody hell!! maybe not then!!xx
That would have been my reaction from scotland, now am here am not surprised
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Strippers, oh please, please tell me you ain't joking
Aye no wonder she chose The Basin Mags.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:31 am
Account Closed

lol, and she's on here talking about 'soul' and 'character'.........my arse! its been been the the pub and the strippers that's made her lifestyle choice
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kapri
I just read my first post on this thread. I was expecting to be in melbourne by now

Oh well

Me too blasted house sale
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
lol, and she's on here talking about 'soul' and 'character'.........my arse! its been been the the pub and the strippers that's made her lifestyle choice
Ssh - everyone thinks I'm a tree-hugging, earth mother

And I'm not joking - Lor dragged me along (you know what she's like ). I had no idea the women of The Basin were so wild - makes me feel quite demure

I hadn't been to a ladies' night since I was 17 and was terrified. Luckily I was sandwiched next to the window, so didn't have to endure a floppy donger brushing my hair
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh yes, it has many facets - theatre, Hindu temple, naked male dancers.... what more could I want
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Ssh - everyone thinks I'm a tree-hugging, earth mother

And I'm not joking - Lor dragged me along (you know what she's like ). I had no idea the women of The Basin were so wild - makes me feel quite demure

I hadn't been to a ladies' night since I was 17 and was terrified. Luckily I was sandwiched next to the window, so didn't have to endure a floppy donger brushing my hair

please, please, put my name down for the next one, , i haven't been to something like that in years,
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Awwwwwe Dolly and Kapri you'll get here and it'll give us an excuse for an outrageous party
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:30 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I was sandwiched next to the window, so didn't have to endure a floppy donger brushing my hair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.