Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Originally Posted by Margaret3
please, please, put my name down for the next one, , i haven't been to something like that in years,
I will let you know for sure!!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:06 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lor;5684341]Luckily I was sandwiched next to the window, so didn't have to endure a floppy donger brushing my hair [/QUOTE)

His swetty betty chest felt worse!!!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:16 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Mags, behind that sleepy village, there really does lie a s**T load of loss women.

But here's a few pics of me and Rach
Attached Thumbnails The Melbourne thread-image010-3-.jpg   The Melbourne thread-image011-3-.jpg   The Melbourne thread-image012-3-.jpg  

Last edited by lor; Dec 19th 2007 at 10:25 am.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well if that doesn't get more people moving to Perth nothing will.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:46 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Your a mean man Bill

God I haven't posted on here in years and all of a sudden four posts in two days! I didn't realise so many of "us" where members here too.

DVD's work great by the way. I was going to PM you on the Other Forum

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Dec 19th 2007 at 7:49 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:43 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Your a mean man Bill

God I haven't posted on here in years and all of a sudden four posts in two days! I didn't realise so many of "us" where members here too.

Al
Hello Al

Welcome to expats
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Al

It's quite good fun trying to work out who's who when they've used different names!

KimKoala
Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:58 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Your a mean man Bill

Al
Glad all works well Al. That will be $49.99 then.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lor
Mags, behind that sleepy village, there really does lie a s**T load of loss women.

But here's a few pics of me and Rach

am so jealous
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy

lol,
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Your a mean man Bill

Al
It must be christmas, I haven't posted much on here recently, but its winding down at work and I find myself surfing more and working less
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Brianbrain will become famous soon enoughBrianbrain will become famous soon enough
Question Re: The Melbourne thread

Hi there,
Just looked at this thread as it looks like me & family might be moving to Melbourne in the next few months, yikes! My husband has just been offered a job and the 457 visa application is about to be started. I have no idea how long it'll take but the company are hoping that we might be out there in by summer... double yikes!

My husband will be working in West Footscray, can anyone suggest some handy areas to live, good state schools a must (14yr old & 8 yr old girls)? By the beach would be nice but we've heard that there's a shortage of rental properties at the moment.

There's so much to do I'm not sure where to start! Thanks in advance
Mand
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brianbrain
Hi there,
Just looked at this thread as it looks like me & family might be moving to Melbourne in the next few months, yikes! My husband has just been offered a job and the 457 visa application is about to be started. I have no idea how long it'll take but the company are hoping that we might be out there in by summer... double yikes!

My husband will be working in West Footscray, can anyone suggest some handy areas to live, good state schools a must (14yr old & 8 yr old girls)? By the beach would be nice but we've heard that there's a shortage of rental properties at the moment.

There's so much to do I'm not sure where to start! Thanks in advance
Mand

Hi mand and welcome, sorry not familiar with that side of melbourne, but am sure someone will be and give you advice, all i can say is , if you cant afford private schooling (and its not like the UK , there is a huge difference in costs, can cost little to alot and from my understanding catholic private schools are cheaper), please, please look carefully at state schools, thankfully we followed some advice on here and on britvic site, and our kids are in good state schools and doing good (ages 16 and 9), but even these (good state schools) are very shabby to the ones they went to in Scotland, ( for example, in some of teens classes they sit on the cheap plastic patio chairs) but i cant fault their academic education in any way!

Last edited by Margaret3; Dec 21st 2007 at 10:46 am.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Brianbrain will become famous soon enoughBrianbrain will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: The Melbourne thread

Thanks for the advice Maragaret....still very early stages but gotta make sure the kids will be right....
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brianbrain
Thanks for the advice Maragaret....still very early stages but gotta make sure the kids will be right....

twas my nos1 priority too, so i can fully sympathise, fwiw, both my girls are doing ok, my teen, gave me a helluva time and she is doing brill, has made me out to be a complet liar on this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.