Jessica Watson

Old May 15th 2010, 7:46 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jessica Watson

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/_blo..._from_Customs/

http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/_blo...nd_Over_again/

nar sod that i`ll stick to swells 3mtrs and under thanks
Old May 15th 2010, 8:30 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
If she was a British girl instead of an Aussie would the posters here be less critical.?
As i have said before Mohogony , yer a PLANK............mm
Old May 15th 2010, 8:32 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
As i have said before Mohogony , yer a PLANK............mm
and not your usual plank either more your scaffolding sized plank
Old May 15th 2010, 8:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by GarryP
Mike Perham : 30000 miles
Jessica Watson: 19000 miles

More like 2/3rds of Mike Perham.

Kind of typical of 'world class' Australia.
Mike Perham's solo non-stop circumnavigation around the world journey was planned to take 140 days and to cover 40,000 km.
It actually took 284 days, with stops in Portugal, Gran Canaria, Cape Town, Tasmania and Auckland, and covered 24,000 miles (38,700-km). Reuters

Jessica Watson took 209 days, and completed the trip with no stops. Her travelled distance is not yet confirmed, but some say 19,000 nautical miles, others say 23,000. TracPlus data is expected to confirm Jessica's exact distance later.

Old May 15th 2010, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

How adults can be so negative about a child doing something like this really surprises me.
Old May 15th 2010, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
How adults can be so negative about a child doing something like this really surprises me.
Snap!! Pretty poor form.
Old May 15th 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

OK,lets put this in perspective.
I am a wealthy person.
I send my 16 year old daughter on the next Space Shuttle.
She is the bravest,most wonderous astronaut HERO lauded by all media.
OK,what has she done?
How dare I question her and her parents,sponsors,media objective.
HERO.
Anyone even thinks of thinking otherwise on the HERO should be shamed as jealous,peasant,ignorant etc etc *Yawn* etc.
A hero saves lives.
A hero cures cancer.
A hero puts his/her life infront of others.

Playing sport,sailing,etc does not make you a hero.
You have to earn peoples respect,you can't buy it.
Old May 15th 2010, 8:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Have to admit I was surprised with all the fanfare when I switched on the TV today. I thought her arrival would pass with nothing more than a murmur from the usual 'tall poppy' brigade.
With Sydney having such a large boating community, it wasn't much of a surprise. With so many boats etc, substantial TV coverage was a given.

Old May 15th 2010, 8:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by boots
I agree with that bit, the word HERO is, in my opinion, (and yours) bandied about way too easily these days.

Old May 15th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

ABCDiamond,You are my hero!
Old May 15th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boots
I am a wealthy person.
I send my 16 year old daughter on the next Space Shuttle.
She is the bravest,most wonderous astronaut HERO lauded by all media.
OK,what has she done?
How dare I question her and her parents,sponsors,media objective.
HERO.
Anyone even thinks of thinking otherwise on the HERO should be shamed as jealous,peasant,ignorant etc etc *Yawn* etc.
A hero saves lives.
A hero cures cancer.
A hero puts his/her life infront of others.

You have to earn peoples respect,you can't buy it.
I don't think that anyone on here, who has applauded what she has done, has called her a hero. The only one whom I have heard say that is Kevin Rudd and as I consider him to be an idiot, it doesn't count.
Old May 15th 2010, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
With Sydney having such a large boating community, it wasn't much of a surprise. With so many boats etc, substantial TV coverage was a given.
Whatever. Plenty of events have passed without so much as a whisper in the past.
Old May 15th 2010, 9:06 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by Gibbo
I don't think that anyone on here, who has applauded what she has done, has called her a hero. The only one whom I have heard say that is Kevin Rudd and as I consider him to be an idiot, it doesn't count.
i dont think you`ll find anyone to disagree with that
Old May 15th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyone who could rubbish a teenage girl for such an amazing feat is an utter bastard.
Old May 15th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Put K Dudd on Jessicas boat for a solo around the World 20 times attempt!!
And launch tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.