Jessica Watson

Old May 15th 2010, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jessica Watson

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Where and by whom? They must be keeping it pretty quiet, because you're the first person I've heard it from.
Mybe you should switch on Sky News...
Old May 15th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
It's amazing what people can do if they have the money to do the things they want.
So why does it make it a bad thing, look at Paris Hilton what has she acheived, why does she deserve all the media attention?. I dont even know if she is rich, usually stuff like this comes from sponsorship. Give the girl a break. She is living a dream she wanted to do.

I am actually stunned you lot are so negative you would think she did something really bad rather than doing her dream.

Jessica Watson day (which I hadnt even heard until you mentioned it) is a bit OTT but still she didnt ask for that either.

Jo
Old May 15th 2010, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I think what she has achieved is pretty amazing, but I do think all this pomp and ceremony is a bit ridiculous!! Must be a slow news day.....which I guess is good...because news is usually bad!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old May 15th 2010, 2:45 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Jessica Watson

Mybe you should switch on Sky News...
I don't get Sky News.

I'll ask again: where was this "Jessica Watson Day" announced, and by whom?
Old May 15th 2010, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

The things I read said she was a kid who was home schooled and basically the parents mortgaged their home to fund all this initially. I did not get the impression she came from a particularly rich family.

Love

Rudi
x
Old May 15th 2010, 2:59 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

she's got balls. credit when it's due, I wouldn't have done what she has at that age so I say fair play to her
Old May 15th 2010, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mohogony
If she wasn't a rich kid she will be now with all the money she will make selling her stroy l wouldn't be suprised if she makes atleast $1m. l guess we will be hearing nothing else expcept her in the media for the next week. What l'm worried about is some 14 or 15 year old girl will now try to beat her record as the youngest person to sail round the world and end up getting killed.
escactly!! the whole bloody thing is driving me mad, i am not putting on the telly today or for the next week in fear of news about it!!!!!
Old May 15th 2010, 3:10 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rudi
I think what she has achieved is pretty amazing, but I do think all this pomp and ceremony is a bit ridiculous!! Must be a slow news day.....which I guess is good...because news is usually bad!!!

Love

Rudi
x
l think anyone who puts their life in serious danger just to achieve fame and fortune is stupid.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:15 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
escactly!! the whole bloody thing is driving me mad, i am not putting on the telly today or for the next week in fear of news about it!!!!!
Yes l bet she will take up half of all the news on the TV tonight on all the stations, then the rest of the week there will nothing but Jessica Watson interviews and all the current affairs shows as she cashes in on her fame. Some idiot now will probably get their 14 year old daughter to sail their yatch round the world to break the record and cash in millions also. The police should be able to ban anyone under 18 doing that in my opinion.

Last edited by mohogony; May 15th 2010 at 3:19 am.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho
So why does it make it a bad thing
I didn't say it made it a bad thing. What I meant was if more people could afford to do things like this then more people would and it wouldn't be seen as such a big of a deal.

look at Paris Hilton what has she acheived, why does she deserve all the media attention?.
Paris Hilton is a waste of space; an oxygen thief.

I dont even know if she is rich, usually stuff like this comes from sponsorship. Give the girl a break. She is living a dream she wanted to do.
I'm not knocking her. You're reading things that aren't there.

I am actually stunned you lot are so negative you would think she did something really bad rather than doing her dream.
What she did actually is not that big of a deal. The fact that she is 16 is. Would you let your 16 year old daughter sail around the world on her own? I'm amazed she didn't get abducted by pirates! And as for her dream. Was it really?

Jessica Watson day (which I hadnt even heard until you mentioned it) is a bit OTT but still she didnt ask for that either.

Jo
Then why did she do it? What was her motivating factor?

She has got a book and film deal. That was negotiated before she left. Now she has fame and notoriety...
Old May 15th 2010, 3:21 am
Banned

So why does it make it a bad thing, look at Paris Hilton what has she acheived, why does she deserve all the media attention?. I dont even know if she is rich, usually stuff like this comes from sponsorship. Give the girl a break. She is living a dream she wanted to do.

Jo
If PAris Hilton sailed around the world l don't think that would change anyones opinons about her.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Jo
I agree!

She is only a kid. Well done to her.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

You are all entitled to your opinons. Personally I would rather this news than a stabbing or a bus crash, or some football star has been caught with a prostitute etc. If it enspires a few teenagers away for the telly then I am all for it.

Jo
Old May 15th 2010, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mohogony
If PAris Hilton sailed around the world l don't think that would change anyones opinons about her.
Good point LOL.

Jo
Old May 15th 2010, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Is she a poor little rich kid ?
Is this yet another thread along the lines of 'the battler against anyone who has done something reasonably interesting with their lives?'

Well I for one think what she has done is great, let her have her moment of fame. Its no different to climbing everest or any of the other things people have aims for in life. At least she gets off her ass and does something unlike a lot of the teenage population. She deserves a warm welcome back.

You are all entitled to your opinons. Personally I would rather this news than a stabbing or a bus crash, or some football star has been caught with a prostitute etc. If it enspires a few teenagers away for the telly then I am all for it.

Jo
Well said Jo. This is precisely the sort of thing my parents expected of me, and what I expect of my children. To harness the lessons and experiences from lessons learnt and apply a bit of focus at an early age, that's all.

What she did actually is not that big of a deal. The fact that she is 16 is. Would you let your 16 year old daughter sail around the world on her own? I'm amazed she didn't get abducted by pirates! And as for her dream. Was it really?
I would let my daughter do the same. It's part of the spirit that makes us. Anyone can 'totally' play on a PS3 all day and update Facebook. Maybe that's why she limited her northern point of sail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.