Jessica Watson

Old May 16th 2010, 2:51 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jessica Watson

Originally Posted by boots
I
WTF is wrong with you people?????????????????????????????????????????
calm down, you'll live longer
Old May 16th 2010, 2:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

RICH GIRL GETS RICHER!!!!!!!!
WTF is wrong with you people?????????????????????????????????????????
You need to chill out a bit mate. She's not rich. The boat was borrowed, sponsors such as Ella Bache paid for everything. And how does this impact on your life one way or the other?

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
calm down, you'll live longer
He should stay angry then ...
Old May 16th 2010, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

DownUnderPaddy,
The fervour and hysteria on this insigficant situation proves the mass hysteria theory on the ignorant.
Old May 16th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

RICH GIRL GETS RICHER!!!!!!!!
Why do you think she is rich, she isnt. You keep saying that. Her parents mortgaged their home and her one wish was to make them debt free. She may get rich but she wasnt rich.

Look who did a book too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sailing-Drea.../dp/0593065980

oh and if you go to the last entry on the following .it says "Mike returns to a hero's welcome".

http://www.totallymoney.com/sailmike/

Of course I also think what he did was marvelous too. But we Brits are no different, we celebrate the accomplishments of our own and so we should.

Now I think this is enough bitching, let them all go and be proud with themsleves.

Jo

Last edited by joho; May 16th 2010 at 2:59 am. Reason: missed link
Old May 16th 2010, 2:59 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

DownUnderPaddy,
The fervour and hysteria on this insigficant situation proves the mass hysteria theory on the ignorant.
I'm nicking that for a signature line (I won't bother editing it), it seems deep but I can't work out what it means.

I might have a t-shirt made with it on
Old May 16th 2010, 3:01 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'm nicking that for a signature line (I won't bother editing it), it seems deep but I can't work out what it means.

I might have a t-shirt made with it on
How does it look?

(edit) Should really provide some attribution ... hold on ...
Old May 16th 2010, 3:02 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
You need to chill out a bit mate. She's not rich. The boat was borrowed, sponsors such as Ella Bache paid for everything. And how does this impact on your life one way or the other?

He should stay angry then ...
Yes l read her parents are not rich her father works as a boiler maker and they are from New Zealand so they must be poor.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
How does it look?

(edit) Should really provide some attribution ... hold on ...
Stunning.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

So Hutch,
My daughter wants to go to say,the moon.
Sponsor pays for it-and this where it gets murky,yourseves are more intelligent than myself,please feel free to explain how a POOR GIRL from a DISADVANTAGED SUBURB gets the royal treatment?
Methinks you can't.
Please explorate your defending of a person participitating in a wealthy sport being rewarded with more wealth,whilst contributing nothing whatssoever to the community,should recieve more accolades than say,I don't know doctors/ nurses-they don't count in society.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:03 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by joho
Stunning.
Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it myself.

Now, back to plot ...
Old May 16th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

So Hutch,
My daughter wants to go to say,the moon.
Sponsor pays for it-and this where it gets murky,yourseves are more intelligent than myself,please feel free to explain how a POOR GIRL from a DISADVANTAGED SUBURB gets the royal treatment?
Methinks you can't.
Please explorate your defending of a person participitating in a wealthy sport being rewarded with more wealth,whilst contributing nothing whatssoever to the community,should recieve more accolades than say,I don't know doctors/ nurses-they don't count in society.
But we are not talking about her making money you are, we are mearly celebrating her accomplishment. Did you miss my links one of my posts or are we merely ignoring them because they dont fit your argument.

But I will agree that doctors and nurses don't receive what they deserve (and I work at a hopital and my son is a nurse and my other son is in the navy supporting his country), but I dont hold it against her.

Jo
Old May 16th 2010, 3:43 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Kinda get the feeling some folk wished the boat had sunk.
Old May 16th 2010, 4:50 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I will reiterate,what is newsworthy of her actions?
You weren't very interesting, insightful or convincing the first time around. The second time wasn't any better.

The newsworthiness of this story is this: it's unusual, inoffensive, and unlike a potato shaped like a VW Beetle, the subject of the story can give an interview which will be widely watched and won't cost much to make.
Old May 16th 2010, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Ok,say J Watson cures cancer tommorow.
Can you,or any other media whores give her the same media exposure?
Can you,or any other media whores justify the overblown exposure on an insignificant situation?
Can you or any other media whore dare to retort on why this weekend there were road smash rescues of critical patients,surf life saving clubs?
Thats Ok ,they don't run to the media every time a life is saved,like a media whore HERO?
Old May 16th 2010, 5:28 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,say J Watson cures cancer tommorow.
Can you,or any other media whores give her the same media exposure?
Yep, I reckon it's safe to say she would get at least the same media exposure tomorrow if she cured Cancer.
Not sure what your argument was there....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.