Iluka

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:57 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iluka

I am wondering why Iluka when it's so far out. If you have some money to spend on a home why not consider some of the best suburbs in Perth which are the Western suburbs - closer to the City. Nice suburbs which spring to mind are City Beach, Peppermint Grove, Cottesloe, Mosmon Park, Claremont. They are older suburbs with much more infrastucture. They are close to the ocean and are the premium Perth suburbs. They take about 15 minutes to get into the city. These suburbs have older Californian bungalow type houses or top of the range modern ones too. Alot of the Brits seem to head up to the Northern suburbs and personally I found them nice but bland, lacking abit of life and soul. Personally I preferred the Western suburbs.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by M4TT.P
Definitely open to suggestions for other areas with similarities to Iluka, any recommendations?

Is there a more direct route to Canning Vale from NOR burbs such as Iluka, Mindarie etc...?
No, the most direct route is marmion avenue then onto the Mitchell Freeway then through the CBD to the Kwinana Freeway then off at either Leach Highway or the Roe Highway - NOT a trip I would like to do every day!

Is it beach you're after? or river? We prefer the river (more shade!) and live in Nedlands which is NOR - house prices are very high however there are some beautiful river suburbs SOR such as Rossmoyne, Shelley, Riverton, Mount Pleasant, Applecross, Attadale. . . . (these would cut your commute to 30 minutes or less)

Best of luck

Galba
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Iluka, I love it. I prefer it to Ocean Reef and Mullaloo, the two suburbs I rented in before I moved here.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:46 am
MNM

M4TT.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JRB
I am wondering why Iluka when it's so far out. If you have some money to spend on a home why not consider some of the best suburbs in Perth which are the Western suburbs - closer to the City. Nice suburbs which spring to mind are City Beach, Peppermint Grove, Cottesloe, Mosmon Park, Claremont. They are older suburbs with much more infrastucture. They are close to the ocean and are the premium Perth suburbs. They take about 15 minutes to get into the city. These suburbs have older Californian bungalow type houses or top of the range modern ones too. Alot of the Brits seem to head up to the Northern suburbs and personally I found them nice but bland, lacking abit of life and soul. Personally I preferred the Western suburbs.

Thanks for your input, I have looked at your suggested areas, albeit very nice, I wouldn't like to be that close to the City, although Cottesloe is quite appealing, but is this not more of a Tourist/Packer area? I believe we would get more for our money NOR, so that would also go in favour.

Looking like the 40 min commute me thinks!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your input, I have looked at your suggested areas, albeit very nice, I wouldn't like to be that close to the City, although Cottesloe is quite appealing, but is this not more of a Tourist/Packer area? I believe we would get more for our money NOR, so that would also go in favour.

Cottesloe would be a lot more pricey than Iluka.

I commute by car to Nedlands everyday, I take Marmion Avenue and take the coast road from/to Trigg. It takes me about 45 minutes each way.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Renth won't thank me for this but I would say Iluka is very overpriced for what you are getting ...

There are no local shops ... no garage ... no pub ... no schools ... and the beach is, well, not much too be honest.

There is better value to be had elsewhere for sure ...

I'm a Mindarie man thru & thru ... we'll never leave this suburb. It takes a lot of beating.

That's not to say Iluka is a bad suburb ... It's very very nice. I actually play football for Heathridge which uses the Iluka sports ground.

It's all horses for courses my friend.

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:11 am
MNM

Originally Posted by galba
No, the most direct route is marmion avenue then onto the Mitchell Freeway then through the CBD to the Kwinana Freeway then off at either Leach Highway or the Roe Highway - NOT a trip I would like to do every day!

Is it beach you're after? or river? We prefer the river (more shade!) and live in Nedlands which is NOR - house prices are very high however there are some beautiful river suburbs SOR such as Rossmoyne, Shelley, Riverton, Mount Pleasant, Applecross, Attadale. . . . (these would cut your commute to 30 minutes or less)

Best of luck

Galba
We would prefer beach, I have relatives in Applecross which is a very beautiful area, but value for money I feel we would get more NOR.

Thanks for input!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:15 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved from Rossmoyne, South of the river to Mindarie in the North and got more for our money.

It depends what sort of area you are looking for but we found many areas in the South quite old. We found Rossmoyne/ Shelley area very boring and dated. Our house we bought there was so overpriced for what it was. You really needed a car to get anywhere there and the Leach Highway was very noisy and full of container lorries. Loads of mozzies and flies there from the river! We first went there because we were told that the high school there was good which it was and far superior to my children's private school up here. I know that is a bit far off for your child at the moment though.

Saying that many don't like it up here as it is too new and built up and many houses end up looking the same.

Area's like Cottlesloe, Peppermint Grove are much moe expensive. We like to go to Cottlesloe every so often shopping because it is so green and reminds us of home and has a bit more character to it but again if you want a new house it is dated there.

I would really have a good think and research where you want to go before you buy.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Renth won't thank me for this but I would say Iluka is very overpriced for what you are getting ...

There are no local shops ... no garage ... no pub ... no schools ... and the beach is, well, not much too be honest.

I'm a Mindarie man thru & thru ... we'll never leave this suburb. It takes a lot of beating.

That's not to say Iluka is a bad suburb ... It's very very nice. I actually play football for Heathridge which uses the Iluka sports ground.

I tend to agree with most of that, even Connolly has a school and a shop! Although Currambine is just across Marmion and there will soon be a pub there.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:23 am
MNM

Originally Posted by renth
Cottesloe would be a lot more pricey than Iluka.

I commute by car to Nedlands everyday, I take Marmion Avenue and take the coast road from/to Trigg. It takes me about 45 minutes each way.
Thanks Renth, what's your opinion on the [F]Hoons[/FONT]
that allegedly terrorize the Iluka streets?

Regards

Matt
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:31 am
MNM

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Thanks for your valid points, am I right in saying the distance between the surrounding burbs is between 5-10 mins drive? The last time I was in Perth there was a Woolworths, Cinema, Italian restaurant (can't remember name?)
that I thought was Iluka?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:34 am
MNM

Originally Posted by deborahjane
We moved from Rossmoyne, South of the river to Mindarie in the North and got more for our money.

It depends what sort of area you are looking for but we found many areas in the South quite old. We found Rossmoyne/ Shelley area very boring and dated. Our house we bought there was so overpriced for what it was. You really needed a car to get anywhere there and the Leach Highway was very noisy and full of container lorries. Loads of mozzies and flies there from the river! We first went there because we were told that the high school there was good which it was and far superior to my children's private school up here. I know that is a bit far off for your child at the moment though.

Saying that many don't like it up here as it is too new and built up and many houses end up looking the same.

Area's like Cottlesloe, Peppermint Grove are much moe expensive. We like to go to Cottlesloe every so often shopping because it is so green and reminds us of home and has a bit more character to it but again if you want a new house it is dated there.

I would really have a good think and research where you want to go before you buy.
Very good advice, Thank you!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

I think you are way off the mark with the 40 minute commute to Canning Vale - more like 1hr and 15mins. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Galba
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your valid points, am I right in saying the distance between the surrounding burbs is between 5-10 mins drive? The last time I was in Perth there was a Woolworths, Cinema, Italian restaurant (can't remember name?)
that I thought was Iluka?
That sounds like Currambine which is just across Marmion Avenue from Iluka.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:42 am
MNM

Originally Posted by galba
I think you are way off the mark with the 40 minute commute to Canning Vale - more like 1hr and 15mins. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Galba
Is that rush hour?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.