Iluka

Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:31 am
MNM

M4TT.P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iluka

Hoping to move to Iluka in 2009, can I have views/opinions of this area.

Good and bad please.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Iluka

Originally Posted by M4TT.P
Hoping to move to Iluka in 2009, can I have views/opinions of this area.

Good and bad please.

Thanks!
Iluka is very nice. quite a posh part to live. So the price of a house there will be very expensive.
Not ever heard anything bad about Iluka.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

We have relatives in Iluka - very, very nice area next to the coast. If I won the lottery would be first choice of location for us.
Munch
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:43 am
MNM

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Iluka is very nice. quite a posh part to live. So the price of a house there will be very expensive.
Not ever heard anything bad about Iluka.

Thanks for the reply!

That's the impression I had got from my 'homework', just wanted some 'real' views.

Price would be just within budget having looked at REIWA.

There is a suggestion on some threads that this area is a target for Hoons, or is that just Perth in general?

Regards

Matt
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks for the reply!

That's the impression I had got from my 'homework', just wanted some 'real' views.

There is a suggestion on some threads that this area is a target for Hoons, or is that just Perth in general?

Regards

Matt
Oh yes, the bloody 'hoons'..they are everywhere, not just Iluka. If you have a Falcon, Ute or Commodore here in Perth, you have to go crazy fast, comes with the territory.
You get used to them, as there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:50 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply!

Regards

Matt

Iluka is lovely.

Re the hoons - yes the bloody morons are all over the place, some places worse than others. Just look for the hoon trails on the roads. There was a post on here the other week about a certain road in Iluka notorious for hoons
but I can't remember which road it was.

I'll see if I can find the post.

Edit: Can't find the post but 99% sure the road was called Delgado Parade. Maybe someone who lives there can confirm this. I just drool at the houses whilst driving thru!

Last edited by crystal23; Nov 1st 2008 at 10:57 am.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:05 am
MNM

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh yes, the bloody 'hoons'..they are everywhere, not just Iluka. If you have a Falcon, Ute or Commodore here in Perth, you have to go crazy fast, comes with the territory.
You get used to them, as there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Ahh I see, do the Police try to combat this in anyway? or is it just a tad too much like hard work?
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:08 am
MNM

Originally Posted by crystal23
Iluka is lovely.

Re the hoons - yes the bloody morons are all over the place, some places worse than others. Just look for the hoon trails on the roads. There was a post on here the other week about a certain road in Iluka notorious for hoons

Edit: Can't find the post but 99% sure the road was called Delgado Parade. Maybe someone who lives there can confirm this. I just drool at the houses whilst driving thru!
Thanks for the info! Will check Google maps to see where this particular road is.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh I see, do the Police try to combat this in anyway? or is it just a tad too much like hard work?
The police have other, more important things to do than stop a bunch of wankers from hooning.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:21 pm
MNM

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The police have other, more important things to do than stop a bunch of wankers from hooning.
What if one of these 'wankers' were to crash into a pedestrian and kill them? Would that be considered important enough?

Just a thought!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

Hi Matt,

Just thought we would say 'hello' because we too are from Manchester (Bury) and are also going to Iluka (or Ocean reef, Mullallo or Duncraig). Have you seen the N.W. meet on aussiemove.com (sorry B.E. people).
We are Jillian, Simon, Libby (9) and Sara (7).
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What if one of these 'wankers' were to crash into a pedestrian and kill them? Would that be considered important enough?

Just a thought!
Probably then, yes, the police would bother. In the meantime they don't really bother with hoons too much. Lots of lip service about how they're using cameras and for residents to take down number plates and report them, but in reality little is done.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
Iluka is lovely.

Yes it is Delgado. I don't live there but have babysat for friends a few times there. The first time I couldn't quite believe it as where I am is so quiet.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

I'm currently renting in Iluka for the last 4 months. Bought a house in tapping. Although the parks are lovely and its near the sea, I dont think its worth paying the premium when you can drive 5 mins away and get nicer.. Just my opinion. Although a lot of the houses here are fab...
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:06 am
MNM

Originally Posted by jillandsi
Hi Matt,

Just thought we would say 'hello' because we too are from Manchester (Bury) and are also going to Iluka (or Ocean reef, Mullallo or Duncraig). Have you seen the N.W. meet on aussiemove.com (sorry B.E. people).
We are Jillian, Simon, Libby (9) and Sara (7).
Hi Jillian, Simon, Libby & Sara.

I haven't seen the NW meet, will take a look though.

I work in the Bury area, but we currently live in Rossendale, hoping to move to Oz middle of 2009. How about you?

We are Matt, Nickie & Mia (3 Months)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.