Iluka

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Iluka

We live in Mindarie which has more schools, shops etc than Illuka. Prefer Mindarie to Illuka.

Can't think of any schools in Illuka apart from a Catholic school, as I have a friend who has to travel to Mindarie for schools from Illuka. May be wrong and there are other schools.

You would need a car as far as I Know no bus service there.

Other areas around for shopping by car, include Joondalup Lakeside, Clarkson, Ocean Keys and a small centre at Carrumbine. Train station at Clarkson, Carrumbine and Joondalup to Perth.

Hoons are everywhere here. Loads of them in Mindarie screeching up from the Marina through the night. Have heard of problems in Illuka too. Can't get away from it here the drivers are mad. Not long ago we had a whole road of bins smashed in to by hoons with rubbish scattered everywhere and we live in a so called posh area!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:29 am
MNM

M4TT.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Probably then, yes, the police would bother. In the meantime they don't really bother with hoons too much. Lots of lip service about how they're using cameras and for residents to take down number plates and report them, but in reality little is done.
I would of thought this type of motorist had been an easy target for the Police, similar to the Uk policing.

Thanks for the info Dorothy.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:34 am
MNM

Originally Posted by deborahjane
We live in Mindarie which has more schools, shops etc than Illuka. Prefer Mindarie to Illuka.

Can't think of any schools in Illuka apart from a Catholic school, as I have a friend who has to travel to Mindarie for schools from Illuka. May be wrong and there are other schools.

Other areas around for shopping by car, include Joondalup Lakeside, Clarkson, Ocean Keys and a small centre at Carrumbine. Train station at Clarkson, Carrumbine and Joondalup to Perth.

Hoons are everywhere here. Loads of them in Mindarie screeching up from the Marina through the night. Have heard of problems in Illuka too. Can't get away from it here the drivers are mad. Not long ago we had a whole road of bins smashed in to by hoons with rubbish scattered everywhere and we live in a so called posh area!

Very informative, thanks for that!

What is the travelling time from Mindarie to CBD?(not rush hr) I would be working in the Canning Vale area, which I believe is 15 mins from the CBD.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
MNM

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yes it is Delgado. I don't live there but have babysat for friends a few times there. The first time I couldn't quite believe it as where I am is so quiet.
Thanks for that!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:39 am
MNM

Originally Posted by Uuuh Patsy
I'm currently renting in Iluka for the last 4 months. Bought a house in tapping. Although the parks are lovely and its near the sea, I dont think its worth paying the premium when you can drive 5 mins away and get nicer.. Just my opinion. Although a lot of the houses here are fab...
Thanks for your opinion, what made you go for Tapping, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:53 am
Account Closed

We don't work in the city so don't normally drive there first thing, but on the rare times we have at that time it has took about an hour. Canning is the other side of the city so I would add on at least another 1/2 hour. Maybe someone else could comment on that?

I think if I worked in the city I would prefer to get the train as I think car parking is quite expensive too.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deborahjane

There are no schools in Iluka but there are a couple of bus services that serve the suburb and depending on where in Iluka you can walk to Marmion Ave for the bus.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M4TT.P
Very informative, thanks for that!

What is the travelling time from Mindarie to CBD?(not rush hr) I would be working in the Canning Vale area, which I believe is 15 mins from the CBD.
Mindarie to Perth about 40 minutes out of rush hour. At least an hour in rush hour.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping to move to Iluka in 2009, can I have views/opinions of this area.

Good and bad please.

Thanks!
There is an Iluka on both the west and east coasts:

http://www.tropicalnsw.com.au/aaa_si...wns/iluka.html

Make sure you get the address right.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:53 am
MNM

Originally Posted by JR230898
There is an Iluka on both the west and east coasts:

http://www.tropicalnsw.com.au/aaa_si...wns/iluka.html

Make sure you get the address right.
Many thanks for pointing that out!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:54 am
Account Closed

You have the right one for Perth as you mentioned Canningvale which is also in Perth.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

Technically there aren't any schools in Iluka but the catchment area for Beaumaris Primary covers Iluka (the school is just south of Shenton Ave in Northern Ocean Reef) and any children are then in the catchment for Ocean Reef High. However Matt, with a 3 month old, I can't imagine it is a major concern to you at the moment.
Jillian
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Many thanks for pointing that out!
Don't want to put you off - but Canning Vale, as someone said is SOR and to be honest it would probably add on another 20 minutes journey from the CBD. Is your heart set on Iluka or are you open to other suggestions?

Galba
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:22 am
MNM

Originally Posted by jillandsi
Technically there aren't any schools in Iluka but the catchment area for Beaumaris Primary covers Iluka (the school is just south of Shenton Ave in Northern Ocean Reef) and any children are then in the catchment for Ocean Reef High. However Matt, with a 3 month old, I can't imagine it is a major concern to you at the moment.
Jillian
No not a major just yet, but obviously all this is good for future needs.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:26 am
MNM

Originally Posted by galba
Don't want to put you off - but Canning Vale, as someone said is SOR and to be honest it would probably add on another 20 minutes journey from the CBD. Is your heart set on Iluka or are you open to other suggestions?

Galba
Definitely open to suggestions for other areas with similarities to Iluka, any recommendations?

Is there a more direct route to Canning Vale from NOR burbs such as Iluka, Mindarie etc...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.