Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Originally Posted by JayDeee

Unfortuantely a post was made which offended people however the poster in question has appologised so cant' it be forgotten.
Sorry Kala

The poster apologised for not using the right words not for the sentiment

A couple of posts further on she does it again by claiming the the white population are now in the minority in most UK cities.

This is totally untrue and IMO inflammatory.

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
l read something about" white flight" white people are moving out of London into the countryside .
I travel into London every day & travel about London with my job. Sure, there areas where there are loads of non-white people, some places where they are even the majority, but non-white people overall are a small minority. White people are still moving in, look at areas like Clapham, Battersea, Ealing.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:01 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
Sorry Kala

The poster apologised for not using the right words not for the sentiment

A couple of posts further on she does it again by claiming the the white population are now in the minority in most UK cities.

This is totally untrue and IMO inflammatory.

G

Yes I can see what you are saying, I just feel for people who come on here for a bit of advise, then someone says something bad (and generally incorrect) about either the UK/Europe or Australia and some war starts about which place is better. If people really want to have the same arguments over and over again then can it not be done in another thread and leave the original thread to be used in the way it was meant to be.

Kala
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:03 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Yes I can see what you are saying, I just feel for people who come on here for a bit of advise, then someone says something bad (and generally incorrect) about either the UK/Europe or Australia and some war starts about which place is better. If people really want to have the same arguments over and over again then can it not be done in another thread and leave the original thread to be used in the way it was meant to be.

Kala
And before anyone say it yes I have just realized that I am also sending this thread off course
So I'm off.

Have a great trip to the UK and Europe Ozzie, I'm sure you and your family will have a fantastic time.

Kala
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:04 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Grayling
Sorry Kala

The poster apologised for not using the right words not for the sentiment G
Jenny wrote: "So if I have offended anyone sorry but I am not racist at all, London and most of the UK cities now mainly inhabited by ???**** whatever word suits best and not by the native white population, sorry if anyone else offended can't quite find the right politically correct words. end of quote :Jenny"

I believe Jenny was trying to reword what she had said and wasn't sure how to re-phrase. She was leaving it to the "non white" population to determine the most suitable word as by her own admission she couldn't quite find the right PC words.... without once again making a mistake or unwittingly upseting somneone.

Jenny repeated something she's been told. I too believe what she'd been told was more than likely emotive, racial propaganda however Jenny's explanation of why she repeated it and her various apologies tell me the girls upset enough and is genuinely apologetic.

Is this reason to continually beat up on her

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 10th 2005 at 8:08 am.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Kala
I agree with you mostly but I also feel there are some statements made that need challenging. Especially when they are wildly inaccurate and concern 'sensitive' subject matter.

OK back to Ozzie's visit

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Went out with some friends last night in West London and stayed in Leytonstone. I still haven't been mugged or spat at and saw no evidence of any white flight. I walked along the South Bank from Waterloo to the Tate Modern and survived sinking Britain.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If the comments on Blackpool are as accurate as the info given on London I'd think twice about shortening my holiday on that basis.

To be truthful, The thing that really hit home about Blackpool the most, Was apparently it's full of under 20's. stag and hens nights. I dont fancy being an ole codger down the end of the bar, with sporting an Aussie rugby shirt amongst all of that. Assuming that my reading of the situation is true. I'm sure my kids will love the funfair, (or is it called theme park these days ?) aspect of the place and the liveliness and atmosphere of it all. So I will be going on an ad hoc type basis, if the going is good I will stay longer. I personally cannot think of a better place to experience lively northern culture, especially as I've not had much experience of northern hospitality. In fact my expereince is probably more of Northern hostility, seeing as I only used to go up there following football lol !

Thanks everyone that contributed, I appreciated every reply.

A lot of what Jaydee said made sense as well. Can't wait to see the changes in Crawley.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Went out with some friends last night in West London and stayed in Leytonstone. I still haven't been mugged or spat at and saw no evidence of any white flight. I walked along the South Bank from Waterloo to the Tate Modern and survived sinking Britain.
Rose tinted glasses, BP? Thought not, sounds like you're having a good trip, very civilised.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Rose tinted glasses, BP? Thought not, sounds like you're having a good trip, very civilised.
I am not making any judgements from the week I am spending here, just making sure I make the most of what is here. What is apparent is that Britain is not sinking or about to become a failed nation. Even the trains are running on time for me and SWT seem to have ditched most of the old slam doors.

Don't know about rose tinted glasses but sure don't need sunnies.