Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidaying, aka Visting the relies, In England.

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
I'm just amazed that people still use the term "coloureds"

I have found the level of abuse that some ethnic people get in Australia to be shocking!! at our football training all the aussies shout to the two pakistani lads that train, pass the ball here ya Black B!! come on ya wog!! etc etc, i find it totally unacceptable and said so, i got shouted down and told "they dont mind" my reply "and if they did" ........... "well ***** em then" totally shocking.

Yes I've heard this kind of thing myself, quite often. However this may seem strange, I dont think Aussies mean it as offense, ie: here in vic If they knew a team mate was from Adelaide, They may say over here you "crow eating c..t" , Or from Qland, for instance, Oi pineapple muncher, Same as up in Qland, they may say, over here mexican. In my opinion it's whether the people these comments are aimed at are actually accepted.

Maybe naively I beleive it is not meant as straight out offence, but more like "very close to the edge banter". If they are having a "matey beer" afterwards, then I'd say I've got a point. This is one of the major subtle differences between England and Aussie on this subject, in my view.

Hmmm I wish this was on another thread dammit.

oh well.... here we go lol
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:09 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i found going direct to the car hire people was cheaper. i think (i checked so many) alamo was the cheapest for europe, and second behind easycar in the uk (but i needed one-way uk rental and they don't do it).

edit - actually, i did find that they were all within around €40 of each other for a 10-day europe rental)

Last edited by brisnick; Mar 10th 2005 at 5:14 am. Reason: added more info
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm I wish this was on another thread dammit.

oh well.... here we go lol
It is funny how some threads move off topic, sometimes way of topic

Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:36 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

so, anyway, when i finally caught the goose.........

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It is funny how some threads move off topic, sometimes way of topic
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:00 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Jenny

Do you have a problem with "coloured" people? Or do you just not like to be spat at in general?

I expect a sensible apology while you have the chance to do so.

Peter
Oh dear this is why I couldn't get on here before, I actually have no problem with any colour person what so ever, it was my neighbours parents who had the continual daily hassel in London of getting spat at not me. I saw them just before we came over and where in the process of doing a to do list while still in the UK, I was looking forward to going to London and after what they said it totally put me off.

So if I have offended anyone sorry but I am not racist at all, London and most of the UK cities now mainly inhabited by ???**** whatever word suits best and not by the native white population, sorry if anyone else offended can't quite find the right politically correct words.

Jenny
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:04 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What a load of crap. Do whites get spat on by Aboriginies?, maybe it happens, but I doubt on a daily basis. Whites still make up the vast majority of Londoners. Sure there are areas where non-whites are the majority, but there are areas where there are very few. Define coloured?.
l read something about" white flight" white people are moving out of London into the countryside .

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:14 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I have had a chance to read all the posts now and jeez never thought I would be taken in such a negative view.
Fair enough my choice of wording "coloureds" was probably not the best word to use but not being the best person to express themselves in words was the only word I came up with. Sorry to all.
I am not a troll or any other such foul person, just making a viewpoint, mainly what my neighbours parents had said, they are 100% truthful and I can only assume that where they live there are many problems when the races clash. Hope my wording is fine, my brains hurting trying to get the words down right.

As for Blackpool it is the party capital of the North West, I personally don't like it, it was great 10 years ago but now every weekend is full of hen nights and stag nights, not somewhere I would like to take my son, sorry again.
Misunderstood the Prestatyn bit, I thought you where going on holiday especially there, which lets face it there isn't much there. Hey but Scottlands lovely!

I am going off now to die in the corner of shame and embarrassment with dictionary in hand.

Jenny

Jenny
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:15 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
London our old neighbours parents live there and say that getting spat at by the coloured's is a daily occurance. Seems whites no longer live in London and are now a minority.

Jenny
Seems aboriginals no longer in Perth and are now a minority, getting spat on by white British immigrants is a daily occurence.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:37 am
Moved out bush!

Originally Posted by jayr
Seems aboriginals no longer in Perth and are now a minority, getting spat on by white British immigrants is a daily occurence.
Sorry wouldn't dream of it, I can quite honestly say I wouldn't lower myself to that sort of level ever. In fact I can't understand why that would happen, no one should have anybody spitting at them whichever way round it is, its a low as a person can get, infact quite disgusting.

Jenny "the banished one"
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear this is why I couldn't get on here before, I actually have no problem with any colour person what so ever, it was my neighbours parents who had the continual daily hassel in London of getting spat at not me. I saw them just before we came over and where in the process of doing a to do list while still in the UK, I was looking forward to going to London and after what they said it totally put me off.

So if I have offended anyone sorry but I am not racist at all, London and most of the UK cities now mainly inhabited by ???**** whatever word suits best and not by the native white population, sorry if anyone else offended can't quite find the right politically correct words.

Jenny
Ive got to agree with Jayr, are you being funny or something :scared:

You seem to think Perth is landed british gentry drinking tea has it occured to you yet the colour of australias native people Does that make you a ???****
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny
This is complete nonsense.

Why are you continuing to post this rubbish?

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a chance to read all the posts now and jeez never thought I would be taken in such a negative view.
Fair enough my choice of wording "coloureds" was probably not the best word to use but not being the best person to express themselves in words was the only word I came up with. Sorry to all.
I am not a troll or any other such foul person, just making a viewpoint, mainly what my neighbours parents had said, they are 100% truthful and I can only assume that where they live there are many problems when the races clash. Hope my wording is fine, my brains hurting trying to get the words down right.

As for Blackpool it is the party capital of the North West, I personally don't like it, it was great 10 years ago but now every weekend is full of hen nights and stag nights, not somewhere I would like to take my son, sorry again.
Misunderstood the Prestatyn bit, I thought you where going on holiday especially there, which lets face it there isn't much there. Hey but Scottlands lovely!

I am going off now to die in the corner of shame and embarrassment with dictionary in hand.

Jenny
Dont worry too much, This rascism issue is always bound to bring out extreme reactions in some people, and possibly rightly so.

I do appreciate your comments on blackpool, (I'm probably going to shorten the blackpool trip by a day or so now) and yes thankfully the Prestatyn visit is strictly for seeing my parents, Who moved to wales, from London via Mkeynes mostly for cashing in on housing/retirement, reasons not for social reasons.

Hey make sure you use a theosauras with that dictionary, hmm maybe I could use a dictionary, seeing as my spelling is cactus.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I do appreciate your comments on blackpool, (I'm probably going to shorten the blackpool trip by a day or so now)

If the comments on Blackpool are as accurate as the info given on London I'd think twice about shortening my holiday on that basis.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:35 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Come on guys this is getting silly, OzzieEagle asked a question which the vast majority on posters should be able to help him out with being as most of us have been in the UK/Europe more recently than him.

Unfortuantely a post was made which offended people however the poster in question has appologised so cant' it be forgotten.

It has been gone over a million times before, bad bits of the UK/Europe bad bits of versus bad bits of Australia. The fact of the matter is that there are shite places in both, there is crime all over the place, there are racist attidudes all over the place, there are hoons/chavs all over the place it doesn't need to be turned into a slaggin match everytime someone mentions something good or bad that happens in either place.

So why dont we get back to the point of helping Ozzie out with his questions.
PLEASE

Kala
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:41 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Come on guys this is getting silly, OzzieEagle asked a question which the vast majority on posters should be able to help him out with being as most of us have been in the UK/Europe more recently than him.

Unfortuantely a post was made which offended people however the poster in question has appologised so cant' it be forgotten.

It has been gone over a million times before, bad bits of the UK/Europe bad bits of versus bad bits of Australia. The fact of the matter is that there are shite places in both, there is crime all over the place, there are racist attidudes all over the place, there are hoons/chavs all over the place it doesn't need to be turned into a slaggin match everytime someone mentions something good or bad that happens in either place.

So why dont we get back to the point of helping Ozzie out with his questions.
PLEASE

Kala
Excellent post. Couldn't agree more. Was about to say the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.