Frazzled.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:00 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frazzled.

Originally posted by mr mover
Dotty you are a serial Sh**t stirrer, is this another of your Knock the aussie life posts , every story has two sides , i would like to hear the teachers side , some kids know how to milk the system even at an early age............... MM
Boy, are you in for a tongue lashing...

I'm with Dotty on this one.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Dotty you are a serial Sh**t stirrer, is this another of your Knock the aussie life posts , every story has two sides , i would like to hear the teachers side , some kids know how to milk the system even at an early age............... MM
Mr Mover, basically you disgust me, this is a 6 year old child we are talking about, his mother is having radiation treatment for breast cancer. Would you please have some respect for once. I would strongly appreciate it if you kept your slimey evil comments out of this thread and leave it to people who have kindly helped me through a very difficult couple of days. You really could not not slink much lower can you.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Told you.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Mr Mover, basically you disgust me, this is a 6 year old child we are talking about, his mother is having radiation treatment for breast cancer. Would you please have some respect for once. I would strongly appreciate it if you kept your slimey evil comments out of this thread and leave it to people who have kindly helped me through a very difficult couple of days. You really could not not slink much lower can you.
Good on ya Dotty - this little one needs sticking up for, especially since mum is going through the mill. I'm sure she'll appreciate what you've done once she's better. A "nice, polite but formal" letter, sent to the principal and copied to the department would do the job. (Or e-mail, if they have it?)
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:17 am
WBB

what an evil bitch of a teacher, i would want her head on a plate.

i would defo be taking legal advice with a view to sorting this particular teacher out.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:18 am
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

My two pennies worth:-

Bad judgement Mr Mover

I have dealt with a number of teachers (not all the same) some are caring.

The teacher feels she has a bad deal, but then she is the adult and therefore able to fight her own battles, unlike the child. SOME teachers are also abit above themselves I've noticed, with the attitude of 'what would you know, your just the parent'. They can get very defensive of their position and you might find the Head Teacher, no matter how wonderful normally, will back their staff all the way.

This has to be put in writing, not only the treatment of the boy but also the treatment to yourself. My eldest had a teacher one year that upset everyone, including myself so much there were parents who are normally very calm and incontrol swearing at him and telling him to f**k off! The school got a number of complaints and the following year he left because of a new placement, more than likely he was pushed.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

If that poor child was mine, i'd have ripped that teachers head off.

I agree totally with the previous post saying that if she can shout like that to a child, she could easily snap and hurt the child.

SHE is an adult ( supposedly ) and should exercise some self control - otherwise she shoulden't be in the job and i'd do my best to make sure she didn't have a job to go back to.

Go and sort her out Dotty - she needs to be tied to a pole and left in the playground ( without shade or water ) for an hour or two.

Child abuse is NOT acceptable - wherever in the world you may be. :lecture:
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Surfer Chick

Bad judgement Mr Mover

The teacher feels she has a bad deal, but then she is the adult and therefore able to fight her own battles, unlike the child. SOME teachers are also abit above themselves I've noticed, with the attitude of 'what would you know, your just the parent'. They can get very defensive of their position and you might find the Head Teacher, no matter how wonderful normally, will back their staff all the way.

This has to be put in writing, not only the treatment of the boy but also the treatment to yourself. My eldest had a teacher one year that upset everyone, including myself so much there were parents who are normally very calm and incontrol swearing at him and telling him to f**k off! The school got a number of complaints and the following year he left because of a new placement, more than likely he was pushed.
Getting to the school this afternoon was interesting to say the least, firstly I got filthy looks from a couple of teachers in the same block so I get the feeling banding together might well be a problem. However I had so many mums come up and all of them saying this teacher is a big problem, known as a right bully and famous for screaming her head off to be heard 3 classrooms away. Yet it appears, nobody has got anywhere yet with the complaints! Anyway, my letter is all done up, appointment with head made and no dirty looks will put me off now. The thought of this big muscular woman shouting in the face of a tiny kid would spur anyone on. I know there are dozens of great teachers but this one is not amongst them.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:00 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting to the school this afternoon was interesting to say the least, firstly I got filthy looks from a couple of teachers in the same block so I get the feeling banding together might well be a problem. However I had so many mums come up and all of them saying this teacher is a big problem, known as a right bully and famous for screaming her head off to be heard 3 classrooms away. Yet it appears, nobody has got anywhere yet with the complaints! Anyway, my letter is all done up, appointment with head made and no dirty looks will put me off now. The thought of this big muscular woman shouting in the face of a tiny kid would spur anyone on. I know there are dozens of great teachers but this one is not amongst them.
Good on you Dotty, you know that many of us will be with you in spirit. I do think that often people do not know how to complain properly about most things and tehrefore get a satisfactory response. I look forward to hearing what happens on Friday and you should encourage the other parents to put their concerns in writing also. I would also keep a copy of anything you send, and given that you complain in writing would encourage the head to respond in writing and hopefully answer the concerns you raise in full.

Best of Luck.

Donna
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:01 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Go for it Dotty, what a good friend you are to take care of someones child for them like this when they are going through a bad time in their life, it must be so reasurring for her to know that you are looking after him so well. Good luck to your friend I will keep everything crossed for her and also for you when you see the principal on Friday, go kick ass Dotty.

Susan
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Heat exhaustion and sun danger aside, what about the poor kids confidence, any kid who has a grown up who they are taught to treat with respect yell abuse in their face as though they are the scum of the earth will have problems with it.

We had a similar situation as some of you will know where my 6 year old started a new school and went from being a confident, bright and very willing student to a child who couldnt sleep, wouldnt eat and cried constantly, we complained to the school principle who was aware of the problem with this particular teacher but said it would be resolved, it wasnt so i visited other schools round about with a view to moving both my children and answered truthfully when asked my reason for moving them, this then got back to the principle who asked me to bear with them for another couple of months, i said no as this would do my son even more damage, the following day the teacher told me that she had fallen out on him for coming in crying and made him sit in the corner for the whole day doing nothing (except crying) at this pont i said right both children are being removed from this school now and i will go to the education department and ask them to sort it out, the techer left the following week and was replaced.

I'm not suggesting this is the way to go about it but be aware that treatment like this from a teacher will have a long lasting and possibly permanent effect on a child and needs to be stopped, i know how gut wrenching it is to force your child to go to school every morning when he really hates it and the poor wee lad has enough worries without that.

Lucky he's got you batting for him Dotty, go straight to the top and get the support of other parents who know the score, some teachers are not cut out for teaching infants, maybe this is her problem.

Good luck with it and i hope your friends treatment goes well.

Lynn
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Good one ,dotty i respect the fact of what you are doing for this woman and her child , and my sympathies got out to her , having lost a loved one to breast cancer i know what she and her husband are going through, But i did,nt seek solace in a public forum , and by airing a problem that could be sorted out quickly in the confines of a principles office.... you have the scruples of a Sydney morning hearld journalist, if they have such things ....
mm
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Mr Mover on this one - you do have a real tendancy to bullsh*t quite a bit. I can't believe that one person could encounter so many amazing stories in such a short period of time.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MeganEkno
I'm with Mr Mover on this one - you do have a real tendancy to bullsh*t quite a bit. I can't believe that one person could encounter so many amazing stories in such a short period of time.

How can you make judgement on someone you don't even know? Some people talk about their daily encounters - good and bad - and why not? There's no rule on this forum to say that you can't. Are you the board moderator?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:55 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Surfer Chick

Bad judgement Mr Mover

I arrived in this country , when i was 10 yrs old , i too attended primary school during 35/40 degree heat, we never changed our school duties during that whole time , hot or cold the class rooms never had air conditioning, we just got down and did it. The teachers , today have to put up with horrendous , conditions instigated by the new SOCIAL ENGINEERS , telling 12 yr olds that they have rights, and to inform on parents who ,exceed the bounds of discipline, LIKE you must be in bed by 8.30pm , my neighbours child actually managed to get leaving home allowance from Centrelink , at the age of 16 , because his parents were making , intolerable demands on him, like be home after 9pm, he got beat up by a gang one night, "when he tried to walk on the wild side " he very quickly remembered were he was better off ......kids today have huge demands on them , more so than my era [baby boomers ], but we have not prepared them for it, by making life to easy , smoothing out the bumps . what should be scaring all of you, is this will be the generation that will be looking after you when your in your nursing home:scared: ........... MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.