Frazzled.

Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:57 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Are'nt there laws to do with kids in school and PE/playtime? Surely there must be, especially in areas where it gets so hot?

The teacher in question should'nt be teaching by the sound of it.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:03 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

[
The teacher in question should'nt be teaching by the sound of it
totally agree.And the school should be crapping themselves-if anything happened to a child in this persons "care" they would be in extremely dangerous waters legally.It is schools responsibility to insure that the childrens safety and wellbeing are being looked after during school hours and the head should be aware of this.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frazzled.

Originally posted by mr mover
Good one ,dotty i respect the fact of what you are doing for this woman and her child , and my sympathies got out to her , having lost a loved one to breast cancer i know what she and her husband are going through, But i did,nt seek solace in a public forum , and by airing a problem that could be sorted out quickly in the confines of a principles office.... you have the scruples of a Sydney morning hearld journalist, if they have such things ....
mm

I don't see why you have a problem with Dotty's posting.
This is a lifestyle forum, and that's a part of the 'lifestyle' Dotty is experiencing right now as a British Expat.

And it's good to talk about such things I think. It was probably better for her to cool of first on here, than do something else straight away.
Isn't this forum to share experiences, get advice about living and experiencing reality in Oz?

I arrived in this country , when i was 10 yrs old , i too attended primary school during 35/40 degree heat, we never changed our school duties during that whole time , hot or cold the class rooms never had air conditioning, we just got down and did it. The teachers , today have to put up with horrendous , conditions instigated by the new SOCIAL ENGINEERS , telling 12 yr olds that they have rights, and to inform on parents who ,exceed the bounds of discipline, LIKE you must be in bed by 8.30pm , my neighbours child actually managed to get leaving home allowance from Centrelink , at the age of 16 , because his parents were making , intolerable demands on him, like be home after 9pm, he got beat up by a gang one night, "when he tried to walk on the wild side " he very quickly remembered were he was better off ......kids today have huge demands on them , more so than my era [baby boomers ], but we have not prepared them for it, by making life to easy , smoothing out the bumps . what should be scaring all of you, is this will be the generation that will be looking after you when your in your nursing home
I don't see the relevance of this...
We are talking about now! And now it is stupid to be out in the sun at mid afternoon and not be able to have a drink.
And even if this is acceptable to some, it mustn't be accceptable to anyone that the teachers shouts at a child like described, and even not to a parent saying something about it.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived in this country , when i was 10 yrs old , i too attended primary school during 35/40 degree heat, we never changed our school duties during that whole time , hot or cold the class rooms never had air conditioning, we just got down and did it. The teachers , today have to put up with horrendous , conditions instigated by the new SOCIAL ENGINEERS , telling 12 yr olds that they have rights, and to inform on parents who ,exceed the bounds of discipline, LIKE you must be in bed by 8.30pm , my neighbours child actually managed to get leaving home allowance from Centrelink , at the age of 16 , because his parents were making , intolerable demands on him, like be home after 9pm, he got beat up by a gang one night, "when he tried to walk on the wild side " he very quickly remembered were he was better off ......kids today have huge demands on them , more so than my era [baby boomers ], but we have not prepared them for it, by making life to easy , smoothing out the bumps . what should be scaring all of you, is this will be the generation that will be looking after you when your in your nursing home:scared: ........... MM

Perhaps the fact that you had to 'get on with it' in your day might explain why so many Australian adults have skin cancer today?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah the adoring public jump to Dotty's defence once more......bless her sour little face!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

MM

Much as i respect your advise on moving, i'm glad you chose that over a child care profession.

I too can remember being in primary school, when if we had to be diciplined we were given the belt, a few years before i started a primary 3 teacher had a cane basket with the top of it broken to expose rough sticky up bits of cane, cross her and you had to remove your clothing and sit on it, my primary 6 teachers favourite pass time was to stick a pen in your back untill you were left bruised. Ok none of this killed me, but i am seriously lacking in confidence and have no doubt that living in fear of being hurt or humiliated by a teacher didnt help.

Yes children now adays are very aware of their rights and this doesnt always make them easy to control, but nobody has the right to abuse a minor whether physically or mentally or endanger their health and as a parent i have not and would not stand for it.

Lynn
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Ah the adoring public jump to Dotty's defence once more......bless her sour little face!
You're sounding a little bitter!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
You're sounding a little bitter!
Very perceptive!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:30 am
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know Dotty, I have not read all her posts. I have to say though as a parent the 'story' Dotty has been telling is well recognised by myself and other parents I know. Even IF Dotty went in a bit heavy handed at the teacher on first confrontation that does not excuse the behaviour of the teacher towards the child.

If I was in Dotty's position I would be wary of the opinion of the Head and wouldn't take this laying down. Just keep going up the ladder (governers, local authority etc.) until you are satisfied. I'm not saying you should keep going until the women is 'hanged' but a reasonable acceptance of what she has done and that she cannot be allowed to continue treating INOCENT children in this way should be acceptable.

I totally understand what people are saying about children who 'run a muck' and teachers do not have enough authority today, I agree, but this is not the same situation.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:39 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
I don't see why you have a problem with Dotty's posting.
This is a lifestyle forum, and that's a part of the 'lifestyle' Dotty is experiencing right now as a British Expat.

And it's good to talk about such things I think. It was probably better for her to cool of first on here, than do something else straight away.
Isn't this forum to share experiences, get advice about living and experiencing reality in Oz?

simone , before you denigrate me ,go back through this forum ,and look at dottys posts ,she has a unique knack for the dramatic posts ,......all of a sudden on a whim , i must post.

I don't see the relevance of this...
We are talking about now! And now it is stupid to be out in the sun at mid afternoon and not be able to have a drink.
And even if this is acceptable to some, it mustn't be accceptable to anyone that the teachers shouts at a child like described, and even not to a parent saying something about it.
All i said to dotty was ,Every story has two sides , and i would like to hear the teachers side.........or dont we live in a democratic society?.......... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
How can you make judgement on someone you don't even know? Some people talk about their daily encounters - good and bad - and why not? There's no rule on this forum to say that you can't. Are you the board moderator?
H/P go back through the archives ,read her post,s they have the spin of a seasoned journalist........... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:46 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

All i said to dotty was ,Every story has two sides , and i would like to hear the teachers side.........or dont we live in a democratic society?.......... MM
I don't see that was all you said, cos you also said:
But i did,nt seek solace in a public forum , and by airing a problem that could be sorted out quickly in the confines of a principles office.... you have the scruples of a Sydney morning hearld journalist, if they have such things ....
Which seems to say you think it stupid that Dotty is talking about this on this forum.

And of course there are two sides of the story, but we can't have the teachers side in this case.
And it doesn't matter anyway, cos a teacher should never shout at a kid in that way, or even shout at a parent/guardian.
Even if the kid was in the wrong, it could've been dealt with in other way, right?
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:53 am
Banned

Originally posted by lynnj
MM

Much as i respect your advise on moving, i'm glad you chose that over a child care profession.

I too can remember being in primary school, when if we had to be diciplined we were given the belt, a few years before i started a primary 3 teacher had a cane basket with the top of it broken to expose rough sticky up bits of cane, cross her and you had to remove your clothing and sit on it, my primary 6 teachers favourite pass time was to stick a pen in your back untill you were left bruised. Ok none of this killed me, but i am seriously lacking in confidence and have no doubt that living in fear of being hurt or humiliated by a teacher didnt help.

Yes children now adays are very aware of their rights and this doesnt always make them easy to control, but nobody has the right to abuse a minor whether physically or mentally or endanger their health and as a parent i have not and would not stand for it.

Lynn
Yes lynne i copt a few beltings ,but it just made me smarter, we are all jumping in on this post, on the words of one poster, who in my experience cant wait to get the hell out of here, ala POMMIE BASTARD ,so she just hypes up the negativity, to see who bites ......... MM
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:53 am
WBB

i must admit i do not see eye to eye with a lot of dotty's views on this forum, but this post has gotten out of hand, for god's sake this is a child we are talking about here and if this was my child i would be carving up that teachers mind.

dotty i hope things work out for you on this matter and do not back down no matter what, your friend needs all the help she can get at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.