Wikiposts

Dieter's for OZ

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:55 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Shirley,
No kids of my own so no advice for you, but what I will say is that I had an older brother and he put me in casualty a few times. It was usually because I had taunted him or stepped over the boundaries. I was good at that. I was also very good at getting my mum to believe I was inocent, my brother laughs now but at the time he must have hated me. It doesn't however excuse violence or threats so my mum used to take something away from him for a day or two.
Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Usually there is a reason for the things James does to Adam, but today he freely admitted that he hadn't done anything for him to react the way he did. I know they wind each other up a lot and I am not one to think that either one is innocent but they both say the same thing happened. There is no way the older boy would admit he was at fault if he believed he could get away with it. Even if he is wrong he won't admit it, like the other day he wouldn't admit flushing the inner of the toilet roll was wrong and caused the loo to back up. Even though he could see it wasn't going to flush and it was the stuff he put down there, it still wasn't his fault. Does that makes sense (what I have written there).

We have decided that he is having no internet access for a week. And also he is doing his brothers jobs until next saturday as well as his own. He seems to be very remorseful so I am hoping that this will have a positive effect on him.

We sat all the kids down and had a little talk with them to make them understand that this behaviour is not acceptable at all. Actually the worst offender in my house is my youngest, she constantly tries to get the boys in trouble. She hasn't worked out that I am wise to her, and know that youngest children are rarely as good as we are supposed to think. My baby brother was worse than me and my brother put together, as the oldest UI copped a lot of the flak, as I was "old enough to know better". This is a phrase I never use!

The boys usually get on really well, and spend a lot of time together. They are keeping their distance at the minute, but I am sure things will settle down.

Shirley Feeling a bit happier than I was earlier.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:04 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi Sarah,

Usually there is a reason for the things James does to Adam, but today he freely admitted that he hadn't done anything for him to react the way he did. I know they wind each other up a lot and I am not one to think that either one is innocent but they both say the same thing happened. There is no way the older boy would admit he was at fault if he believed he could get away with it. Even if he is wrong he won't admit it, like the other day he wouldn't admit flushing the inner of the toilet roll was wrong and caused the loo to back up. Even though he could see it wasn't going to flush and it was the stuff he put down there, it still wasn't his fault. Does that makes sense (what I have written there).

We have decided that he is having no internet access for a week. And also he is doing his brothers jobs until next saturday as well as his own. He seems to be very remorseful so I am hoping that this will have a positive effect on him.

We sat all the kids down and had a little talk with them to make them understand that this behaviour is not acceptable at all. Actually the worst offender in my house is my youngest, she constantly tries to get the boys in trouble. She hasn't worked out that I am wise to her, and know that youngest children are rarely as good as we are supposed to think. My baby brother was worse than me and my brother put together, as the oldest UI copped a lot of the flak, as I was "old enough to know better". This is a phrase I never use!

The boys usually get on really well, and spend a lot of time together. They are keeping their distance at the minute, but I am sure things will settle down.

Shirley Feeling a bit happier than I was earlier.
Hope I'm as sensible as you one day. That's if time doesn't pass me by while I'm waiting to get to Oz, lol.
Sarah
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:09 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

What would you do?

Hi everyone,
For days now I have felt like having a ciggie after stopping smoking in January, not sure why I have suddenly felt like this but I have also started wanting chocolate. Something I have never done. It is D - day on Monday, Sunday if it comes early again , been doing this since dieting, and I was wondering if the change in my diet yet again has caused these cravings.
Well it got so bad today, that I made an excuse to pop to Tesco to either buy cigs or choc. I am pleased with the fact that I ate a chocky bar instead of having a ciggie. Honest answers please... what would you have done?
Sarah
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:26 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do?

Hi everyone,
For days now I have felt like having a ciggie after stopping smoking in January, not sure why I have suddenly felt like this but I have also started wanting chocolate. Something I have never done. It is D - day on Monday, Sunday if it comes early again , been doing this since dieting, and I was wondering if the change in my diet yet again has caused these cravings.
Well it got so bad today, that I made an excuse to pop to Tesco to either buy cigs or choc. I am pleased with the fact that I ate a chocky bar instead of having a ciggie. Honest answers please... what would you have done?
Sarah
I have never smoked, but my other half did for years. He has been given up for over 10 yeras, and he still fancies one now and then. He has never given in I am pleased to say. He says it is one of the hardest things he has ever done cos he enjoyed smoking.

I think you deserve a big pat on the back for giving up. January is still very recent, well done for going for the choccy bar instead. And for you to diet as well, another big pat on the back. Dieting on it's own is hard enough girl!

I would rather be overweight for the rest of my life than risk getting cancer because I smoked! So I for one think you made the right choice.

It could be your body is still having cravings because of the lack of nicotine, and that is why you want things you've not wanted before. If you think it is going to happen again, why not try keeping a curly wurly in the freezer. I say the freezer cos it's not so easy to eat when frozen and it is not in the cupboard or fridge staring at you every time you go there.

Hope some of this helps

Shirley

P.s. tried to send you karma but I have to spread it around first. I am no good at that!!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:38 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah

I have never been a smoker so it is very easy for me to take the line that you should not give in to the tobacco now. But, just a little justification to try and keep you away from it - I think I am right in saying that having kids is on your agenda - think of the damage smoking could be doing to your fertility. The fact that you have already given up is a bonus and I am sure you would think twice about smoking if you were pregnant and / or already had kids (you know the little impressionable ones!)

This whole visa business / house selling lark is such a strenuous time, you have done so well to have given up smoking and be dieting successfully (most of the time!) Try and resist the temptations and remember, a choccie bar once in a while is allowed as a treat and there's far worse you could give in to (for instance, a cigarette!)

Be strong, Sarah. Hope you get over the urges soon.

Binbird
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:35 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Morning all, hope you feel better Theresa.

Well my weekend has got off to a wonderful start.

My husband has just had to take our middle boy to A & E with a small hole in his face! He had a slight disagreement with his older brother, ducked out of the way when his brother threatened to punch him (lovely) and hit his face on a chest of drawers. One of his teeth went straight through his cheek just above his lip, but to the side if that makes sense.

There was so much blood I wasn't sure what had happened at first. Hubby had just gone out to the next village with his mate, left both his mobiles at home (work and personal) so I had to phone his mate to ask him to come home.

Apparently minors is quite busy and there will be a bit of a wait! Eldest boy now feels rather bad, after Steve's mate had a word with him about his attitude. He is a copper and just pointed out the way he could go if this had happened in 5 years time. We have been telling him for weeks/months that his attitude stinks towards his siblings and us, but being a teenager he thought he knew best. Hopefully this will be the wake up call he needs.

A couple of weeks ago I would have used this as an excuse to eat stuff I shouldn't but now, thanks to knowing that you guys are there, I don't need to.

I suppose I should be grateful that my eldest doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, stay out all hours or anything like that, and he is nice and polite to everyone outside the house. But do I really have to put up with stuff like this? I know he is going through all sorts of hormonal stuff and we do make allowances but how much do I allow?

Anyone with experience of horrible moody teenagers out there can help?

Sorry to offload all that, going to go and find something to clean, wash or iron now to keep me occupied.

Shirley
Hi Shirley, sorry to hear about your boys, but it sounds as if the punishment you have given is justified. I have a teenage daughter and sometimes her attitude stinks!! She also falls out with the youngest if she's having a hormonal day! I think I'm too soft when it comes to handing out the punishments and she knows that and uses it to her advantage! She's also very good at being the "victim" if she's in the wrong she turns it around and makes you feel guilty, how do they do that?? She's taking her exams very soon and keeps taking about going to college, if we mention Australia she goes into a big sulk saying we are ruining her life, can't they she that some of the reasons for going is to improve their lives? I just hope that once we get there (if we get there) she'll fall in love with the place all over again (when we went at christmas she loved it and wanted to stay!!).

Have eaten lots of dried fruit today do you think that's worse than eating a chocolate bar? don't envy my husband later

mandi
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:37 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

What would you do?

Hi everyone,
Sarah
Well done teach for not giving in to the weed I know of a few people who would have gone for the ciggy. But you did the right thing for going for the chocky bar, will try and send you karma for being a good girl

mandi
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

What would you do?

Hi everyone,
Sarah

Hi Sarah

I was a smoker. I gave up nearly 7 years ago for good. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done and do not regret it at all. I feel really sorry for people who are trying to give up because they are so dependent on it. I think you deserved that chocolate bar purely for not giving in to the temptation of having a cigarette. Well done, I will send you some karma.

Theresa
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:42 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just coming out in a cold now and sneezing which is stretching my mouth and making it ache all the more but I have just discovered a bottle of anbesol lurking at the back of the medicine cupboard and that is helping to ease the toothache in between doses of ibuprofen!

Mandi - worse things out there than dried fruit - it could have been a cigarette that you reached for!

I'm not enjoying everyone's tales about troublesome teenagers - I have 3 girls and if you roll the clock on 10 years they will all be teenagers and I'm sure I will be tearing my hair out!

Binbird
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:47 am
nursey

Originally Posted by binbird
I'm just coming out in a cold now and sneezing which is stretching my mouth and making it ache all the more but I have just discovered a bottle of anbesol lurking at the back of the medicine cupboard and that is helping to ease the toothache in between doses of ibuprofen!

Mandi - worse things out there than dried fruit - it could have been a cigarette that you reached for!

I'm not enjoying everyone's tales about troublesome teenagers - I have 3 girls and if you roll the clock on 10 years they will all be teenagers and I'm sure I will be tearing my hair out!

Binbird
Thanks binbird, I have 2 girls, the eldest is nearly 16 :scared: and the youngest is nearly 6! so when the eldest becomes "nice" again the youngest will be a teenager....can't wait and I've a feeling she's going to be a lot worse!!
Good luck with the dentist on monday, hopefully you'll have them removed before you leave
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:51 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

!!!!!!! :scared: Oh my god! oh my god! sh@t bu@@er and all such things, whilst we were away it happened, oh chirst! the request for medicals was waiting on the mat when we got home, have to have medicals done and returned by the 27 May!! What am I going to do, I think that mayo diet for a month sounds the only thing to do!! :scared:

Know that it is not the long term answer but am not thinking only long term here need desperate and drastice measures, a couple of stone in a short term in what I need

Anyway sorry for that, and

Hello everyone, my god you have been busy, have only managed to read the first 4 pages so far. Holiday was interesting, not very relaxing, but also very nice, bits of me are very brown.
will get back to catching up with the rest,

Nicky
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:54 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Well, that's progress for you Nicky, however scary it might be! Just remember though the medicals are only one day of your life.

Glad you had a good (ish) holiday. Now go and drink some more water!

Binbird
Old Apr 9th 2005, 3:58 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by mandi248
Thanks binbird, I have 2 girls, the eldest is nearly 16 :scared: and the youngest is nearly 6! so when the eldest becomes "nice" again the youngest will be a teenager....can't wait and I've a feeling she's going to be a lot worse!!
Good luck with the dentist on monday, hopefully you'll have them removed before you leave
Hubby is already threatening to leave when they turn nasty! lol My oldest two have less than 17 months between them so they'll probably both turn on me at the same time! But the youngest is by far the worst! :scared:

Binbird
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:19 am
nursey

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
!!!!!!! :scared: Oh my god! oh my god! sh@t bu@@er and all such things, whilst we were away it happened, oh chirst! the request for medicals was waiting on the mat when we got home, have to have medicals done and returned by the 27 May!! What am I going to do, I think that mayo diet for a month sounds the only thing to do!! :scared:

Know that it is not the long term answer but am not thinking only long term here need desperate and drastice measures, a couple of stone in a short term in what I need

Anyway sorry for that, and

Hello everyone, my god you have been busy, have only managed to read the first 4 pages so far. Holiday was interesting, not very relaxing, but also very nice, bits of me are very brown.
will get back to catching up with the rest,

Nicky
Hi Nicky, nice to see you back. I wouldn't worry too much about your medicals, they are not going to fail you because you're a few stones overweight, especially if everything is ok. The worst that could happen is that they give you a cat b and you have to do a health undertaking and have to either move or validate in 6 months rather than a year. In that time you could lose that weight and pass the health undertaking (does anyone know what happens at a health undertaking?)
mandi x
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:24 am
nursey

Originally Posted by binbird
Hubby is already threatening to leave when they turn nasty! lol My oldest two have less than 17 months between them so they'll probably both turn on me at the same time! But the youngest is by far the worst! :scared:

Binbird
There has been times when I've been tempted to walk out Naomi (eldest) and my husband argue all the time, doesn't help that he's her step-father, but he's been around for over 10 years and in that time she's only seen her biological father half a dozen times, do they not know which side their breads buttered! and it's not made any easier as Olivia (youngest) is the apple of her father's eye! so there I am piggy (literally ) stuck in the middle!
Oh well at least we'll be able to argue in the sunshine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.