Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving........

Daylight Saving........

Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight Saving........

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Yes but renth is British isn't he?
I'm talking in general about alot of people who have not ever had DST.

If I now include Renth, (now you mention him) maybe *his* routine after a few years has changed too and he is still feeling the effects of it. He might even have been slightly joking - we don't know how his family lives. He may have every reason to feel tired.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:12 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there is no sign of DST happening here in Qld any time soon - and to be honest, it really does not bother me that much. In the UK, summertime meant daylight/twilight till 10 at night. Here it is light till about 7. DST would give us till 8, which would let me.... ummm..... cut the grass during the week when I get home from work - great - just what I want to be doing.

My only beef with DST since I have been here is the idiots in the Southern states who cannot grasp the fact that it is less appropriate for Qld and just blank out the fact that we do not have it. This leads to them scheduling conference calls "at the start of the day" at 8am (which, let's face it, is pretty bloody antisocial anyway). That translates to 7am here. If I get invited I give them a miss.

Thankfully, I hardly ever travel interstate anymore, because the same idiots would schedule things to start so bloody early as to make it impossible to get there without leaving the day before.

If the daylight hours are so important to you, get up early. I have been told it can be quite pleasant at 5am (don't believe it myself, but that is what they say).

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
If the daylight hours are so important to you, get up early. I have been told it can be quite pleasant at 5am (don't believe it myself, but that is what they say).

Cheers,

DagBoy
The Bloke told me I should get up early, so i did once. I was so grumopy he never suggested it again!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:05 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A woman wrote into The West Australian newspaper complaining that the locusts out in the wheatbelt (they have a locust problem out there at the moment) now have an extra hour to do their destruction!
The extra hour of sunlight makes the curtains fade faster too. Anyway, they should save the extra hour and use it in the winter when it is needed more...
Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:08 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Are Aussies not more Sun people? But then that extra our of reading would upset them.
Standard riposte when people in England comment on "lack of culture" and the like in Australia: simply point out to them that England is the place where the largest selling daily newspaper by far is The Sun. It always produces a sharp intake of breath followed by silence for a bit.