Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving........

Daylight Saving........

Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Daylight Saving........

I for one totally LOVE the daylight saving, especially as I dont get in from work until about 7pm, and I now have a while before it gets dark.

But the amount of customers of mine that just cant get their heads round it........one lady even said she has too many things to do in the mornings before she gets the kids off to school..............and now has an hour less to do it in???????????
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight Saving........

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I for one totally LOVE the daylight saving, especially as I dont get in from work until about 7pm, and I now have a while before it gets dark.

But the amount of customers of mine that just cant get their heads round it........one lady even said she has too many things to do in the mornings before she gets the kids off to school..............and now has an hour less to do it in???????????

Classic
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous isn't it. I was having a discussion with my daughters class teacher and she is dead against it, can't understand the benefits at all.

I can't say it bothers me either way but the kids seem to enjoy being in the pool a bit longer in the evenings.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Well I just love it...........I can walk the dogs, sit in the garden and read, even get the washing out before it gets dark!!!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 10:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just love it...........I can walk the dogs, sit in the garden and read, even get the washing out before it gets dark!!!
Oh stop gloating woman
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:36 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait for it, if I've got citizenship I'll vote in favour.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great innit, long summer evenings... feels like somewhere else lol.
I can't believe the moaning going on about it though
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:59 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Larissa
Great innit, long summer evenings... feels like somewhere else lol.
I can't believe the moaning going on about it though
You are all so English. Used to summer sun till 10pm.

Personally its irritating.... Having twice a year to change all your watches, car, clocks, computer, harder to coordinate a decent time to call the uk, aus and usa on a conference call, journey home on the train requires hanging around in the heat now.

Just think of the council costs of having a person go round and change all the clocks in the city.

I was looking forward to going to WA and getting away from it in the UK.
Reminds me of Africa - they dont need daylight savings either to survive. I wont be voting for it to continue.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it

Apart from the fact my little uns wont go to sleep because they're convinced it's still daytime at 8.00!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213

Personally its irritating.... Having twice a year to change all your watches, car, clocks, computer, harder to coordinate a decent time to call the uk, aus and usa on a conference call, journey home on the train requires hanging around in the heat now.

Just think of the council costs of having a person go round and change all the clocks in the city.

Reminds me of Africa - they dont need daylight savings either to survive. I wont be voting for it to continue.
You can vote against it but in 3 years it's gonna get passed. Most people I know are for it. I think it's great.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:04 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Ah, but wait until Feb., when we've had several consecutive days of 40+c......and the heat goes on and on and on............
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Ah, but wait until Feb., when we've had several consecutive days of 40+c......and the heat goes on and on and on............
But isn't the temperature the temperature, regardless of the time it's at? All that will be affected is that it will still be a bit warmer relatively later in the day, or was your post tongue in cheek?

D
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:38 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daraghm
But isn't the temperature the temperature, regardless of the time it's at? All that will be affected is that it will still be a bit warmer relatively later in the day, or was your post tongue in cheek?

D
Think he was doing the standard Aussie line where everyone suddenly drops like fly's in the heat despite the fact that they would have still being doing something in the heat at that time... .
Old Dec 8th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Because my little one is still so young (18 months) I put him to bed early and like putting him to bed when it is dark, so at the moment I wouldn't be in favour of it for QLD. Daylight saving would also mean the younger kids wouldn't get to enjoy the Christmas lights as they would be in bed before it got dark.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mark213

I'm not bothered either way to be honest

Although you won't be able to vote either way until your a citizen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.