Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

CPV Off-Topic posts - now sparkling lifestyle chat in Australia!!

Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Many thanks sirmatt 101 and junejuno. I had a look on the Medicare website to see what we would be covered for. It states 'medically necessary treatment' but doesn't list the things sirmatt101 mentioned under things not covered (apart from dental treatment) so is quite misleading I think.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Many thanks sirmatt 101 and junejuno. I had a look on the Medicare website to see what we would be covered for. It states 'medically necessary treatment' but doesn't list the things sirmatt101 mentioned under things not covered (apart from dental treatment) so is quite misleading I think.
G'Day

Another thing to remember is that Medicare only pay the "schedule fee" – which is only $30-something for a GP consultation that might in fact cost you as much as $70. That is unless the GP in question is a "bulk biller" – ie, gets you to sign a chit and then claims the fee direct from Medicare. But the news that Medicare won't any longer give temp visitors a Medicare number apparently scotches that.

Mike
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
G'Day

Another thing to remember is that Medicare only pay the "schedule fee" – which is only $30-something for a GP consultation that might in fact cost you as much as $70. That is unless the GP in question is a "bulk biller" – ie, gets you to sign a chit and then claims the fee direct from Medicare. But the news that Medicare won't any longer give temp visitors a Medicare number apparently scotches that.

Mike
Yes, sounds like we need to pay up front and then claim back.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I woke up this morning and thought that it would be good if there was a video covering some of the basics of the cpv. I just generated one and here it is :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p477S7FyRuU
I would be interested on feedback on its accuracy and any suggestions for improvements.

Regards

Peewit
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

DavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to allDavidandGill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by peewit
Hi

I woke up this morning and thought that it would be good if there was a video covering some of the basics of the cpv. I just generated one and here it is :-
I would be interested on feedback on its accuracy and any suggestions for improvements.

Regards

Peewit
Hi Peewit

What a fab video!!! It's great. Many thanks.
Gill
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Regards

Peewit
Very good Peewit, sounds a fair summary and no plugs for agents.

You may enjoy this one explaining why America now has Dollar parity with Oz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...6CkS-k&feature
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

Hi

Regards

Peewit
Well done Peewit, dont know how you did it, but very informative!!!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Hi all

I had some marmite on toast for breakfast and then thought that I could improve the video. It talks a bit about agents but does not mentions any names.
Here it is :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rAHkqomnzQ

Best regards

Peewit
Excellent resource and lots of future interest I suspect! Well done you...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:36 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I had some marmite on toast for breakfast and then thought that I could improve the video. It talks a bit about agents but does not mentions any names.
Here it is :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rAHkqomnzQ

Best regards

Peewit
Well done, its brilliant. Just imagine if you had Vegemite on your toast!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have now completed another hurdle. We have our Seniors Card! Hooray! So we can go out for the day on the bus, train and ferry and all for just $2.50 it is called a PET (Pensioner Excursion Ticket). You can also get a RED a Regional Excursion Daily ticket or even a CPE CountryLink Pensioner Excursion ticket! I haven't yet worked out when one needs the RED or the CPE.
Julie
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:52 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Julian927
We have now completed another hurdle. We have our Seniors Card! Hooray! So we can go out for the day on the bus, train and ferry and all for just $2.50 it is called a PET (Pensioner Excursion Ticket). You can also get a RED a Regional Excursion Daily ticket or even a CPE CountryLink Pensioner Excursion ticket! I haven't yet worked out when one needs the RED or the CPE.
Julie
Hi there Julie. Can you confirm if there are 2 types of seniors card, 1 that gives you discounts on stuff, the other which Australians who are drawing pension are entitled to, or am I confused?

Just sold the RV today and we are looking at airfares, one way at the end of January when we finish our winter contract, so things are looking up!

All the best

Matt
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi julie

Not used mine yet but hope to soon. Problem is my local train station is un-manned, so not sure where I buy the seniors excursion ticket from.

Charlie
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Can you confirm if there are 2 types of seniors card, 1 that gives you discounts on stuff, the other which Australians who are drawing pension are entitled to, or am I confused?

Matt
No you are not confused the seniors card is for everyone over 60 and can be used for discounts. However, I have used it to claim concessionary fees as well - the locals seem to accept it as if it is a pensioners card!

Charlie
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

I hope you can buy them from post offices or from the corner shops that display a purple Pre-Pay flag......in the same way that you buy the TravelTens.....but I don't know?
Julie
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi there Julie. Can you confirm if there are 2 types of seniors card, 1 that gives you discounts on stuff, the other which Australians who are drawing pension are entitled to, or am I confused?

Just sold the RV today and we are looking at airfares, one way at the end of January when we finish our winter contract, so things are looking up!

All the best

Matt
Matt I have PMd you.
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.